Logan completes 2019 Football schedule

loganlocos
SEOP

Logan completes 2019 Football schedule

Post by loganlocos »

While Logan is still searching for a week 8 football game for 2018, the 2019 grid slate was finalized with the announcement that the Maysville Panthers will return to the schedule in 2019. The Logan Daily News was the first to report the news this morning.

Maysville, near Zanesville and from the Muskingum Valley League, visited Logan in 1964 and 1973. Logan will make their first trip to Maysville in 2019. The Chieftains are 2-0 against the Panthers. It will be the third team from the rugged MVL on Logan's 2019 schedule which already included Tri-Valley and Sheridan.

While most contracts are still open for the 2019 and 2020 league schedules due to Logan's ongoing search for a new league, the schedule is tentatively set and verbal agreements are in place.

https://www.logandaily.com/sports/logan ... b9f68.html

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan completes 2019 Football schedule

Post by loganlocos »

2018 Logan Chieftains football schedule:
VS Tri-Valley
AT Teays Valley
AT Meigs
AT Sheridan
VS Chillicothe
VS Athens
AT Zanesville
OPEN
VS Bishop Watterson (Columbus)
AT Warren

2019 Schedule:
AT Tri-Valley
VS Teays Valley
AT Jackson
VS Sheridan
AT Chillicothe
AT Athens
VS Zanesville
VS Meigs
AT Maysville
VS Warren

2020 Schedule:
VS Tri-Valley
AT Teays Valley
VS Jackson
AT Sheridan
VS Chillicothe
VS Athens
AT Zanesville
AT Meigs
VS Maysville
AT Warren

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

For Logan fans, Maysville is South Zanesville on the outskirts of Zanesville with the field and school just off Rt. 22. Maysville was a long time doormat in the MVL but recent years shows them being much better competitively. Not sure why. It's blue collar community. Trump country, lol

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

One of my Uncles went to school at Maysville. He said they wasn't very good while he was in school. :lol: :lol: Times have changed though.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Why does logan no longer play Lancaster? Is it kind of like a wellston vs jackson thing and tired of being beat?

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

nice looking schedules locos, tell your family bait said hi.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:47 am Why does logan no longer play Lancaster? Is it kind of like a wellston vs jackson thing and tired of being beat?
You will find different opinions/answers to your question, but I liked playing Lancaster. Logan competed pretty well at times, but didn't beat them enough for some folks. Pretty weird sometimes. When Logan would get beat some years, Newark beat Lancaster then Logan beat Newark. The Logan/Lancaster game should have been played on into the season and not an opener. JMO. But speaking for myself, I would like to see them on the schedule again sometime in the future.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:22 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:47 am Why does logan no longer play Lancaster? Is it kind of like a wellston vs jackson thing and tired of being beat?
You will find different opinions/answers to your question, but I liked playing Lancaster. Logan competed pretty well at times, but didn't beat them enough for some folks. Pretty weird sometimes. When Logan would get beat some years, Newark beat Lancaster then Logan beat Newark. The Logan/Lancaster game should have been played on into the season and not an opener. JMO. But speaking for myself, I would like to see them on the schedule again sometime in the future.
See thou it may not help. If wellston and jackson continue to play id like to see it be a week 4-5 game give em a chance at 1-0 and see if that helps they're moral

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:42 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:22 am
See thou it may not help. If wellston and jackson continue to play id like to see it be a week 4-5 game give em a chance at 1-0 and see if that helps they're moral
Agree.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

The open date in 2018....... I hope we find someone soon and do not get stuck scrambling for anyone we can get. IE Shadyside/Ross

AT THE RESERVATION
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Logan-Lancaster is an on-again, off-again thing. Logan more than often opened against New Lexington in the 90s. Wish they could find a home in the MVL. Maysville plays into that.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:43 am While Logan is still searching for a week 8 football game for 2018, the 2019 grid slate was finalized with the announcement that the Maysville Panthers will return to the schedule in 2019. The Logan Daily News was the first to report the news this morning.

Maysville, near Zanesville and from the Muskingum Valley League, visited Logan in 1964 and 1973. Logan will make their first trip to Maysville in 2019. The Chieftains are 2-0 against the Panthers. It will be the third team from the rugged MVL on Logan's 2019 schedule which already included Tri-Valley and Sheridan.

While most contracts are still open for the 2019 and 2020 league schedules due to Logan's ongoing search for a new league, the schedule is tentatively set and verbal agreements are in place.

I was at the 1964 game. Wasn't much of a game that year. From what I have noticed over the last half dozen years Maysville has been playing much better ball.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Maysville is not an MVL powerhouse but decent.Last year they were 4-6 and so far this year John Glenn blew them away 44-0 and Sheridan won 33-18. In the state Logan is in now it looks like a good pickup if they want some one they can compete with year in year out. I also would like to see them play Lancaster again but they need to get back to their winning ways or it would be a blowout every year. :(

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 pm
loganlocos wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:43 am While Logan is still searching for a week 8 football game for 2018, the 2019 grid slate was finalized with the announcement that the Maysville Panthers will return to the schedule in 2019. The Logan Daily News was the first to report the news this morning.

I was at the 1964 game. Wasn't much of a game that year. From what I have noticed over the last half dozen years Maysville has been playing much better ball.
Wasn't that 64 team loaded ? I wasn't around then but some people tell me it was Logan's best ever to this day.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Maysville in the last 7 yrs.
2016 4-6
2015 8-2
2014 9-1 playoffs
2013 7-3 playoffs
2012 7-3 playoffs
2011 5-5
2010 5-5
2009 6-4

AT THE RESERVATION
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Had a good 4 year run. I look for them to be 6-4 this year with losses to Tri Valley and Philo
Last edited by cbolt on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:51 pm
noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Wasn't that 64 team loaded ? I wasn't around then but some people tell me it was Logan's best ever to this day.
Team was loaded. Only three divisions then and Logan was in the top ten of the largest division.
Several players from that team went to Div. I college ball. John Gasser to Notre Dame and Bob Courter to Wisconsin to name a couple.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wasn't Steve Mowery on that team? I think he was a first team all stater

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

cbolt wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:32 pm Maysville is not an MVL powerhouse but decent.Last year they were 4-6 and so far this year John Glenn blew them away 44-0 and Sheridan won 33-18. In the state Logan is in now it looks like a good pickup if they want some one they can compete with year in year out. I also would like to see them play Lancaster again but they need to get back to their winning ways or it would be a blowout every year. :(
Maysville will be a good fit.Not a sure win but a very competitive game . As far as Lancaster ,with their size they should beat Logan 90% of the time so why get beat up( Did they not loose their good QB 3 or 4 years ago). The schedule looks good for the level of the Chieftains . Just dang hard to schedule when not in a league.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm Wasn't Steve Mowery on that team? I think he was a first team all stater
Breining, Bryant, Hammel. Berry Twins, Simmons,

Return to “Football”