Game report: Sidney 49 Tippecanoe 42

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Game report: Sidney 49 Tippecanoe 42

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sidney 49 Tippecanoe 42

Last night I made my way to Sidney high school for the first time , to watch the game between the hometown Yellow Jackets and the visiting Tipp City Tippecanoe Red Devils. I did not expect the game to turn out to be the best game that I had watched all season, but that is exactly what it turned out to be. Both teams had gigantic moments in this one, along with a few plays they both would want back.

Brad Dettwiller would get things started off on the right foot for the Red Devils, when he connected with Caleb Harris for a big 27-yard catch.
Things looked good for the Red Devils as they had just had the big pass play, but a few seconds later Dettwiller muffed the exchange from center and Clay Carter of the Red Devils made him and the rest of the Red Devils pay, when he scooped the ball up and went 61-yards untouched for the game's first score. A two-point conversion pass by Andre Gordon fell incomplete keeping this a 6-0 Yellow Jackets lead, with 9:06 left in the quarter.

The Sydney defense recorded a sack, with 4:13 left in the quarter when Marshall Wilson and Caleb Harris teamed up to put the quarterback on the turf. The quarter ended with the game still 6-0 in favor of the home team.

Just three seconds into the 2nd quarter the Red Devils faced a 4th and two, on the Yellow Jackets five-yard-line and the elected to go for it. The large crowd on the visitors side would erupt like a volcano, when Josh Burritt exploded into the end zone for the score. Out of the hold from Adam Liskey, Caiden Smith connected with the point after to make this a 7-6 Red Devils lead.

The Yellow Jackets offense would get a 16-yard catch from Ratez Roberts on a nicely thrown ball from Andre Gordon, with 10:45 left in the half. Just seven seconds later Isaiah Bowser would pick up another sixteen yards on a fine run. Then with 10:19 left Gordon electrified the large home crowd, with a 25-yard run to make this a 12-7 game. The point after kick from #86 Hallie Truesdale increased the lead to 13-7.

The Red Devils just needed three plays to go 74-yards to take the lead, when Cole Barhorst busted free for a 56-yard score. The point after kick made the score 14-13, with 8:32 left in the half. The large crowd was getting a show, that they had no clue to just how much more exciting was going to get.

The clock read 6:55 when Josh Burritt would go 42-yards for another Red Devils score and after the point after kick was good, we had a 21-13 game, with the visiting team in the lead. The 42-yard run was the play of the drive and it was another run, that brought the crowd on the visitors side to its feet as well as the loud and large student section.

With 6:28 left in the half Bowser would sprint for a 50-yard gain, as he showed some of the division one talent that he posses.
Andre Gordon would go 5-yards for the yellow Jackets score and after the point after kick, this was a 21-20 game, with the Red Devils clinging to the one point lead at the 5:15 mark of the quarter.

The Sidney defense got a nice play from Caleb Harris, when he stopped Cole Barhorst for no gain, with 3:02 left in the half. The half ended with the Red Devils still clinging to the one point lead.

The Red Devils defense got their own nice play, when Mason Doll got to Andre Gordon for a 2-yard-loss at the 9:58 mark of the third quarter. This brought up a 4th and six and a rare punt would follow.

Sidney would see its defense get a big play when Austin Reier got to Braden Swank for a 7-yard loss, with 8:31 left in the quarter.
The Yellow Jackets would force a punt soon afterwards and it almost seems like the defenses were going to rule the half or at least the quarter.

The Yellow Jackets offense put together a long 10-play,87-yard drive, that was capped off with a 7-yard run by Bowser. The kid uses his blockers and see the field as well as any back I have watched in Ohio this season. A two-point conversion try was successful after Gordon ran the ball into the end zone, to make this a 28-21 Yellow Jackets lead, with 4:20 left. The drive was highlighted by a 50-yard long bomb
from Gordon to Ratez Roberts. The pass was as beautiful as the pass could be and the catch was made that much easier from it and the soft hands of the talented wide receiver did not hurt matter either.

The Red Devils would unleash their powerful ground game with two-runs by Cole Barhorst, that totaled 74-yards, and give the Red Devils a first and goal at the one. After a two-yard loss brought the ball back to the three,Dettwiller took things into his own hands, as he rushed in for the score. The point after kick tied this one up at twenty-eight a piece, with 2:54 left in the quarter.

With 2:25 left in the third Caden Beam, who would have a big 2nd half got to Gordon for a two-yard loss as the defense again made another appearance in this one. But a little over a minute later the offense would be at it once again,when Gordon connected with Lathan Jones for a 39-yard score. The point after kick was good to make this a 35-28 game.

The game had 6:30 left when Cole Barhorst showed he does not have to take a backseat to anyone in the running game, when he blasted off for a 57-yard score. The point after kick locked this one up at 35. The crowd on both sides had to take turns standing and showing their team, mad props as both were putting on a big time show. I am sure those watching at home was thinking dang, I wish I was there in person.

Caden Beam would get to Gordon, this time for a 3-yard loss, with 4:33 left in the game.
The Yellow Jackets faced a 3rd and ten, with 3:59 left and put the ball in the hands of Bowser and he picked up 21-yards as he took the ball down to the Yellow Jackets 11-yard line. Beam would come up huge again with 3:35 mark, as he got to Gordon for a two-yard-loss. The score clock showed 3:04 left when, Gordon threw a bullet to Ratez Roberts, who was hit hard by Matt Garber causing the ball to fall to the turf. Roberts would recover the ball in the end zone for, what turned out to be another Yellow Jackets touchdown. From my seat I could not tell if the ball was caught or not, but after watching the replay 10 times, I think that Roberts never had control of the ball and this was another blown big call by the ref. The point after kick made this a 42-35 game, with 3:04 left in the game.

On the ensuing kickoff Cole Barhorst would take the ball and outrun everyone for a 83-yard touchdown and set the wild crowd off again, on the visitors side. The point after kick locked this one up at 42 a piece, with 2:50 left in the game.

With 2:11 left Justin Everette saved a big Yellow Jackets gain as he batted away a Gordon pass and again the Red Devil fans had another big play to cheer.

Facing a 4th and one from their own 29-yard-line the Yellow Jackets elected to go for it and everyone in the crowd knew that Isaiah Bowser was going to get the ball. With the box loaded Gordon barked out the signals, the center snapped the ball to him and then he turned and put the ball in the hands of Bowser, who calmly broke through the line and exploded for a 71-yard game winning touchdown, with 1:54 left.

Tippecanoe had a chance to tie things up, but as many of you know when a wing-t type team has to throw the ball and the opposing team knows that they have to pass, things usually does not go well and this showed to be true again, when Caleb Harris easily picked off the pass.

VERY UNOFFICIAL STATS
TIPPECANOE
45 PLAYS
390 YARDS
PASSING 3-7 1 INT

SIDNEY
75 PLAYS
545 YARDS
PASSING 11-16 1 TD
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: Game report: Sidney 49 Tippecanoe 42

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

2 teams with offenses it does exist

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:43 am 2 teams with offenses it does exist
It started slow and then it was like the fourth of July, the offenses went bang a lot.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:43 am 2 teams with offenses it does exist
It started slow and then it was like the fourth of July, the offenses went bang a lot.
I wish i had the funds to do what you do man.. i shall someday

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 am
I can only do this because I save all of my change and my ones.

I start from the last game of the current season and save until the first regular season game of the next.
I usually have 1,000 or more and use that.
Plus I am single(I am very goofy looking) so no family or other bills that most of you have.
Plus I have no other vices, so I have more to for football.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:47 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 am It started slow and then it was like the fourth of July, the offenses went bang a lot.
I can only do this because I save all of my change and my ones.

I start from the last game of the current season and save until the first regular season game of the next.
I usually have 1,000 or more and use that.
Plus I am single(I am very goofy looking) so no family or other bills that most of you have.
Plus I have no other vices, so I have more to for football.
Lol money for football is always good man. Single life is well idk have not been there in 9 years

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

It is cool what you do I would like to on Saturdays or thursdays myself. Don’t you miss fridays with your home town teem though? I watch a lot of games on tv and stream delay replays. Hs football is my favorite sport. Would be cool if you had equipment to record the games and stream them online idk the legality issues but the more I can watch the better. You do good write ups you may have a future with some kind of website or blog.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

I dvr every game i can im at 40 games myself between hs and college ball. I know lcf also dvrs alot of them

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:51 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 am It started slow and then it was like the fourth of July, the offenses went bang a lot.
It is cool what you do I would like to on Saturdays or thursdays myself. Don’t you miss fridays with your home town teem though? I watch a lot of games on tv and stream delay replays. Hs football is my favorite sport. Would be cool if you had equipment to record the games and stream them online idk the legality issues but the more I can watch the better. You do good write ups you may have a future with some kind of website or blog.
I have followed Newark Catholic since 1982. They use to have their home games on Saturday night, and I would watch them all and try to take in a day game on Saturday. I would take in their road games on Friday but since they are at a point that they can't really compete with most of the team in the county now a days, it isn't fun watching a game you know the result of. So I now travel a lot more. I do miss them, NC being a playoff caliber team but have grown use to the fact, with the way things are now, they won't be that way as often and even less often will they be a state contender.

I went to Lakewood but seldom watch them play football because they are usually one of the worse teams in the state and again it is no fun watching a game you know the outcome of long before it is played. At this age I have no ties to any school, so the traveling all over works best for me.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

8/25 A Medina (2-4) [1:2] L 14-30
9/1 H Amherst (4-2) [2:6] L 18-35
9/8 H Berea-Midpark (3-3) [1:1] L 14-56
9/15 A Olmsted Falls (5-1) [2:6] L 7-49
9/22 H Avon Lake (4-2) [2:6] L 6-48
9/29 H North Olmsted (4-2) [2:6] L 38-49

Your pretty bad but play decent oppenents

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I meant Hebron Lakewood(Lancers) not Lakewood, Ohio(Rangers)

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

In my younger years Nc was tuff. Thought we had you in 85, Boggs had a bad game and we didn’t have Matt closson due to injury. Your def was real good and we didn’t see a qb like that all year. 86 we would have won it all I believe but didn’t get in. Then I think 87 we avoided you guys but mogadore beat us. 84 team we had was good but we had another 10-0 no playoffs I don’t think we could have beat you that year though. Would love to see Delphos play Nc again.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Just my guess, as I have zero affiliation with NC.
They do not have much coming up in the system, at least that is the talk I have heard and the lower level records seem to indicate just that.
I do not foresee them being anything but what they are now, for a long time to come.

I do hope I am wrong.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

They were so good for so long they scheduled much bigger schools. Same thing has happened to Ursuline. Few down classes really hurts when you play those bigger teams. If they played d5 d6 area schools they would be fine

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I think they might and this is a big mite, be OK if they played just D6 AND D-7 schools. Even then they would not be a state contender.

Return to “Football”