Ironton(7) @ (28)Coal Grove

i83
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 8 (4-3) IRONTON @ (6-1) COAL GROVE.

Post by i83 »

Toss up

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I too, think this could go either way 83.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

IBTT wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 am Ironton will be the best team Coal Grove has seen so far. Since Vass has gone with the big boys running the ball the offense has became an offense. Ironton is going to have to play good pass defense however. They do have talent, it will be a good challenge for this group to show they have gotten better since the ashland game. Ironton 42 grove 13.
You’re so full of it! West is the best team the Grove has faced and will be. Since CG has a half way decent coach, the Grove has a really good chance to beat the Tigers.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

IBTT wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 am Ironton will be the best team Coal Grove has seen so far. Since Vass has gone with the big boys running the ball the offense has became an offense. Ironton is going to have to play good pass defense however. They do have talent, it will be a good challenge for this group to show they have gotten better since the ashland game. Ironton 42 grove 13.
He’s back! Lol. Cal preps has grove winning so you’re prediction is a bit skewed. Coal Grove was the best team I saw in preview overall. They have some size and some playmakers. Most importantly they played inspired. To me this is a toss up. I’ll go Ironton because of mental bridge that the grove must get over like fairland

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

laser breath wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 am
He’s back! Lol. Cal preps has grove winning so you’re prediction is a bit skewed. Coal Grove was the best team I saw in preview overall. They have some size and some playmakers. Most importantly they played inspired. To me this is a toss up. I’ll go Ironton because of mental bridge that the grove must get over like fairland

Is this what his user name stands for? IBTT = I Be Trash Talking ;) ;)

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Close game all 4 quarters. Hornet defense is tough, especially against the run. Offense needs to work on the center/quarterback exchange while in shotgun, has hurt us the past couple of weeks. I think Coal Grove can win this game but it is going to take an all out 4 quarter effort, something the Grove hasn't done in the previous two meetings.

Steve Rogers
Waterboy

Post by Steve Rogers »

IF...the biggest little word there is, Ironton wins out and makes the playoffs, will it be considered a successful season. Should they make postseason play as the #8 and have to play Wheelersburg, what then. Some people have gotten excited that Ironton has beaten SP, Peake and RH and assume they have “righted the ship” but seriously, does anyone honestly believe Ironton has a chance against Wheelersburg? Personally, I think the playoffs are not going to happen. They will be beaten by CG, coin toss with Gallia and will struggle mightily with Portsmouth.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Conditioning will be the key in this one. Ironton defense was winded against Fairland and they were able to march to a winning touchdown. Coal Grove will be the victor if the Tiger defense is not up to the task for all 4 quarters.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Buddy Garrity
Waterboy

Post by Buddy Garrity »

Ironton will continue to go the 2 best players on the team now to win, #7 and #44, and why? Because a job now depends on it!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Steve Rogers wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:33 pm IF...the biggest little word there is, Ironton wins out and makes the playoffs, will it be considered a successful season. Should they make postseason play as the #8 and have to play Wheelersburg, what then. Some people have gotten excited that Ironton has beaten SP, Peake and RH and assume they have “righted the ship” but seriously, does anyone honestly believe Ironton has a chance against Wheelersburg? Personally, I think the playoffs are not going to happen. They will be beaten by CG, coin toss with Gallia and will struggle mightily with Portsmouth.
Well said I agree who has Ironton beaten that would say they are getting better. I still say this entire staff needs to be looked at real close. We have coaches on this staff that would not make good grade school coaches. By the way half the kids you talk to have no respect for the staff and want the season to be over.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Steve Rogers wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:33 pm IF...the biggest little word there is, Ironton wins out and makes the playoffs, will it be considered a successful season. Should they make postseason play as the #8 and have to play Wheelersburg, what then. Some people have gotten excited that Ironton has beaten SP, Peake and RH and assume they have “righted the ship” but seriously, does anyone honestly believe Ironton has a chance against Wheelersburg? Personally, I think the playoffs are not going to happen. They will be beaten by CG, coin toss with Gallia and will struggle mightily with Portsmouth.
anything can happen. ironton has to get by this one 1st.i have absolutely no reason to believe ironton could beat the burg right now. that is crazy to think.we may be improved , but not near burg improved.frankly even thinking we're in the same time zone is far fetched. I mean we have beaten Russell, south point, Chesapeake and rock hill. everyone of these teams would have a running clock on them against burg. and I would not call it an upset if ironton got beat. this one could go either way in my opinion. coal grove has only lost one to a very powerful solid Portsmouth west team. ironton has lost to burg, Ashland and fairland. this is exactly the showdown I thought it would be. and in my opinion coal grove should be considered the favorite. ironton is 4-3 and the grove is 6-1. we should not be considered favorites by virtue of the past. ironton is now in the meat of it's league schedule with rock hill, coal grove, gahs and Portsmouth left. as it should be. if ironton does lose this one, no chance at the playoffs. it's win out or not now I think. besides who is gonna take a 4 loss team serious around here anymore. the old ironton could do that and possibly be in a state championship game. but not now. ironton needs to worry about nothing but coal grove right now. which is by far their stiffest test left at the present time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Groves offense is a little more balanced this year. Ironton won't be able to stack the box to stop the run because grove can throw. I look for grove to win this one in a good hard fought game. Possibly the best game in our area Friday.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Gonna be a packed house

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GROVE AND THROWING IS LIKE TELLING EVERYBODY IRONTON IS HAVING A PASSING CAMP NEXT YEAR. THE OXYMORONS ARE ENDLESS. BUT A TEAM HAS TO BE ABLE TO PASS NOWADAYS, IT JUST SOUNDS STRANGE HEARING IT. MAYBE EVEN MORE ABOUT COAL GROVE, AKA ""TRAP PLAY UNIVERSITY"'. 3 YARDS N SOME TURF PEBBLES. AND NOW IRONTON IN THE SPREAD SEEMS ALMOST TOO MUCH TO FATHOM. ONE THING IS FOR SURE. NOT BEING ABLE TO DO BOTH WILL NEVER GET A TEAM FROM THE SOUTH ANY FATHER THAN THE REGULAR SEASON ANYMORE. BECAUSE YOU GET PAST POSSIBLY THE 1ST ROUND JUST DOING ONE OR THE OTHER IT GETS REAL VERY QUICKLY. LARGER SCHOOLS HAVE THE DEPTH TO PULL IT OFF. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE VERSED IN BOTH, AND USE THEM TO KEEP THE OTHER TEAM OFF GUARD. MY HEART SAYS IRONTON. MY BRAIN SAYS GROVE. I HOPE THIS ONE IS A DANDY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the only way ironton makes a possible playoff move at all is winning this one. megapoints here beating the grove if they do.and grove would get a fair amount beating ironton and a huge feather in their cap, no matter what the current state of ironton football. which coal grove has never done as far as beating ironton.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Someone has to be the 8 seed, does anyone HONESTLY believe the 8 seed is going to beat Wheelersburg this year??? Making the Playoffs would be nice, that means we won out and ended up with a decent regular Season at 7-3.

I believe this should be a good game, hoping the Fighting Tigers come out on the winning side.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i think we still dont have any idea how good grove is or is not. Probably still the best team they have beat is portsmouth. and ironton hasn't played them yet. I think coal grove is pretty good but i do not know that they are let's see them here and against fairland and we will figure it out. The blue devils friday night were only a shell of themselves loosing best player mid week. I think grove would of won any way because even with campbell blue devils would of not shot grove down but think it would of been more like portsmouth game going down to a last possession. Think this game is like 28-27

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty »

Buddy Garrity wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:32 pm Ironton will continue to go the 2 best players on the team now to win, #7 and #44, and why? Because a job now depends on it!
Funny, how our Tiger's best talent lately is from transfers from other schools. Old habits are hard to break, I guess.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Can't wait for this one

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

I sure wish my Dragons were playing South Point this week instead of last so I could come down and watch this one. I look for this one to be a 13-14 or 12-14 game somewhere in that area going either way. Too close to call.

Return to “Football”