Wheelersburg(59) @ (7)Minford

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: SOC2 WK8 Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Minford (3-4)

Post by wobycat »

Voice of Reason wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:46 am The Burg leaving the SOC is kind of funny to me. As others have mentioned, scheduling plays a huge part in things, but in reality you're letting the micro outweigh the macro. Burg is dominant... I mean they are a great football team. No one questions it and no one doubts their ability. But if you look at the last 20 year of SOC II football, there are quite a few other schools with names on the trophy. Valley joined SOC II in 05 or 06... Since that time, I think all of the current members have multiple SOC titles. Minford has one title, not sure about two. Each of the schools have had their run... Burg's run right now is awesome, it's truly great but there's nothing that says they are too good for their conference. They are in arguably the toughest D4-D6 conference in the SE district, and the teams in their conference have all had major playoff success. In my opinion, it's short sighted to think Burg is too good for the rest of the conference. All of the current SOC II members have had good/dominant Jr High teams in the last 3-4 years, it's not like Burg has been lapping the field at the lower levels too. Enjoy your run, it's historic and awesome... But at small schools, this stuff is somewhat cyclical and the rest of the SOC has not been a pushover.
Burg has more SOC championships than all the others combined. I think what’s going on here and why people are saying this is Burg has raised their overall program. These burg teams that have won the last four years weren’t good at all in the lower levels, losing many junior high and freshman games but have dominated the area. Right now they have a really loaded team on top of their program. The other teams in the area seem to have stayed the same. It takes more than just talent to be consistent in football. Right now Burg has both. The area teams need to improve their overall program

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

The burg should definitely stay in the SOC. I feel like their non conference games add a perfect balance of big games vs "fine tuning games" to the schedule, especially with the addition of hearty next year. We don't want to pull a CCC schedule with top teams every single week..

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Leaving the soc is not something that should even come up. There are a few more sports in the six that football. We got people lining up to beat us in basketball just ask oak. Baseball. Volleyball all girls sports. It not just football yu leave when talking about leaving the conference.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

First congrats on another easy win.
You guys have things going great so far this season.
I personally enjoyed the beat down you guys put on Heath, because I was there to watch it.

As far as going independent, as much as that seems good as far as playing better teams, how bad would it hurt the rest of the sports teams, at the Burg? Plus with dwindling attendance all around the state, would the teams you bring in from far away bring enough crowd, to keep football from losing money? I have seen good teams this season not only have small crowds on the road but also at home.

I do see in looking at the non-league games the Burg has tried to upgrade but I think they have brought teams in basing things on those teams history and not knowing much about how things might go in the current season(Basing that on Watterson and Heath this season and going with the assumption that those games were schedule during last season or this off season) I know in talking to some of the kids at Heath that they had just found out at their camp, that they were playing the Burg. With that in mind everyone in the area knew that Heath and Watterson was going to struggle this season and they have. Heath is 4-4 and playing in the worse LCL small school league, since the league went to the current set up) Watterson is and has been on a downward spin for awhile now.

I applaud the Burg for coming up North to get games and I would say if they continue to do this, everyone will see better games in the future, I think this because it seems those running the program always seem to get things done in a good way and finding better teams up North or where ever they find them to play, will come in time.

#takestatethisyear

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

Post by Melancholy Scallywag »

I think this Burg team is good enough to beat a lot of small college teams. Too bad we can’t leave the SOC and join the NAIA.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm I think this Burg team is good enough to beat a lot of small college teams. Too bad we can’t leave the SOC and join the NAIA.
Ok. I know this is a fake account. However, this is one of the dumbest post I've ever seen.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:34 am First congrats on another easy win.
I personally enjoyed the beat down you guys put on Heath, because I was there to watch it.

As far as going independent, as much as that seems good as far as playing better teams, how bad would it hurt the rest of the sports teams, at the Burg? Plus with dwindling attendance all around the state, would the teams you bring in from far away bring enough crowd, to keep football from losing money? I have seen good teams this season not only have small crowds on the road but also at home.

I do see in looking at the non-league games the Burg has tried to upgrade but I think they have brought teams in basing things on those teams history and not knowing much about how things might go in the current season(Basing that on Watterson and Heath this season and going with the assumption that those games were schedule during last season or this off season) I know in talking to some of the kids at Heath that they had just found out at their camp, that they were playing the Burg. With that in mind everyone in the area knew that Heath and Watterson was going to struggle this season and they have. Heath is 4-4 and playing in the worse LCL small school league, since the league went to the current set up) Watterson is and has been on a downward spin for awhile now.

I applaud the Burg for coming up North to get games and I would say if they continue to do this, everyone will see better games in the future, I think this because it seems those running the program always seem to get things done in a good way and finding better teams up North or where ever they find them to play, will come in time.

#takestatethisyear
Good post. I think burg picked up watterson based on history. Heath however was 10-0 last season. Hopefully those two teams can improve next season. With the addition or Hartley next year I think burgs schedule will be in the top 10 toughest schedules in d5. Their schedule is the 11th toughest this year.
Btw are you making the trip to burg for the west v burg showdown week 10?

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 pm
Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm I think this Burg team is good enough to beat a lot of small college teams. Too bad we can’t leave the SOC and join the NAIA.
Ok. I know this is a fake account. However, this is one of the dumbest post I've ever seen.
Nuh uh and you should not call people’s posts dumb. It’s not nice.

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 pm
You are probably not a real Burg grad. I know because you should have said posts, plural. Our HS English department teaches better than that.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:04 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:34 am First congrats on another easy win.

#takestatethisyear
Good post. I think burg picked up watterson based on history. Heath however was 10-0 last season. Hopefully those two teams can improve next season. With the addition or Hartley next year I think burgs schedule will be in the top 10 toughest schedules in d5. Their schedule is the 11th toughest this year.
Btw are you making the trip to burg for the west v burg showdown week 10?
Yes, as long as they both are unbeaten and we do not get bad weather.
Everyone around here knew Heath would struggle this year. They are 4-4 mostly because the league is so bad and it should not be any better next year.

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:38 pm
Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:33 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm

You just had to quote this one. Didn’t ya. You were never a good “coach”. You don’t know anything about football. All your worried about is if I can throw one. You’re an idiot. Delete this account. Go back to being Westfan.
You seem very angry. That’s not being very jolly (Pirate).
It’s Jolly P(irate). Jolly P for short. But you can call me Jolly P(irate). But to transition ever so quickly into my rebuttal. No, I’m far from angry. Anger is not becoming of anyone. I chose to leave $h!t where it lies.
No you are very angry. And now I know why June is getting that restraining order against you. She has talked to her cousin who is deputized and he said she should.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:44 pm
Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:33 pm

You seem very angry. That’s not being very jolly (Pirate).
It’s Jolly P(irate). Jolly P for short. But you can call me Jolly P(irate). But to transition ever so quickly into my rebuttal. No, I’m far from angry. Anger is not becoming of anyone. I chose to leave $h!t where it lies.
No you are very angry. And now I know why June is getting that restraining order against you. She has talked to her cousin who is deputized and he said she should.
Bud, how can anybody be angry with a 1/5 of Jameson by their side? Really?

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 pm

If you are an angry drunk.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:49 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 pm

If you are an angry drunk.
😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Sweet Jesus.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wheelersburg(59) @ (7)Minford

Post by mattash »

Wheelersburg(59) @ (7)Minford

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”