Freshman Team

Hillsboro(6) @ (28)Jackson

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Thoughts?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: FAC Wk 8 Jackson @ Hillsboro

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Hillsboro has lost both games against the good teams they have played. be a high scoring game IMO see jackson taking it 42-28

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

If Jackson plays like they did against WCH then I'm taking Hillsboro. Jackson is a good team, but they're aren't consistent from game to game. they're doing enough to get the job done. They likely make the play-offs but also will likely lose in the 1st round.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:28 pm If Jackson plays like they did against WCH then I'm taking Hillsboro. Jackson is a good team, but they're aren't consistent from game to game. they're doing enough to get the job done. They likely make the play-offs but also will likely lose in the 1st round.

Jackson was playing without 6-7 starters last couple weeks . Tons of jv kids starting and winning.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:28 pm If Jackson plays like they did against WCH then I'm taking Hillsboro. Jackson is a good team, but they're aren't consistent from game to game. they're doing enough to get the job done. They likely make the play-offs but also will likely lose in the 1st round.

Even with all those starters out they held courthouse to 14 points on defense. Hillsboro allowed 34

But agree will be a war in the trenches

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson definitely banged up. Hillsboro program trending up nicely. I believe they are still a step behind Jackson though. If Hillsboro can complete a couple long passes (one of Jackson's best CB's ever is out) and win the turnover battle....it will be TIGHT! I think Jackson barring penalties and turnovers can score 35+....but a couple hiccups could result in a tight 28-27 type of game.

Jackson will definitely have to play well to win.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hillsboro will hang in there for the first half. Halftime talk will wake Jackson up.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Having seen both teams Hillsboro matches up nicely with Jackson. It will be a battle of the offensive line of Hillsboro vs. D-line of jackson. Hillsboro has big offensive line. They run the wing t. The have 2 huge backs, 24 and 34. Both are over 220 and can run arm tackling will not bring them down. 24 is has speed and power while 34 just will truck you. Get ready for for a steady diet of the run game and controlling the clock. If they run the ball effectively they will chew of the clock and win this game.

The game is at Hillsboro too so factor that in the Boro will be ready to play!

Jackson I think can keep up with them offensively Hillsboro defense is not great. WCH offensive drives were stopped by penalties mostly. The DB's for hillsboro struggle to cover. So passing game could be huge, Hillsboro did ok with stopping the run they were hot and cold. If Jackson stops the run game they will be able to soundly defeat Hillsboro if not it will be a long night and a battle

I think this could come down to special teams Im going Jackson 31-28. Hillsboro does have a excellent punter he changed the field a couple of times.

Should be a good game!

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 am Hillsboro will hang in there for the first half. Halftime talk will wake Jackson up.
I agree with you, jackson still a little banged up. They will possible get back 2 or 3 starters back. With the loss of Evans. Jackson sticks to the ground their bread and butter and just run away with this game in the 2nd half. Hillsboro very good team still, will put up a fight in the first half, but jackson speed and 2nd half performances have been unstoppable the last few weeks. Look for McCoy to have a good as always. Look for haller to have a break out game leading into Chillicothe in 2 weeks. graham and stormy will have some good rushes but haller and Mccoy have been solid in the back field past few weeks. Haller is an very good blocker in the backfield. Look for graham to be put in the passing game more from now on and some young cats be played more. Next week McClain then use the passing game next week to prepare for Chillicothe.

Jackson wins by 3+ TDs.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

anybody know the last time these two teams met?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:25 pm anybody know the last time these two teams met?

Jackson 7
Hillsboro 3

Portsmouth Spartan Stadium....Regional Semi matchup

Both were 10-0 and averaged 40+ ppg

T.J. Turner (RIP) was incredible and had big college career ruining an OSU championship season and then played for the Patriots

Game was about 25 degrees with a hard snow that made vision very bad.

Jackson elembetary school principal Phil Kuhn was an assistant coach on that Boro team.

I feel though you knew all of this countywide35 8-)

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Anybody what Hillsboro's facilities are like? Turf? Good stands?

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 pm Anybody what Hillsboro's facilities are like? Turf? Good stands?
The field is not at Hillsboro high school it is at there old high school location . Thats the first thing you need to know.

It is a all grass field last week it was in great shape, but with all the rain this week and the field is at the bottom of a Hill it maybe soggy. The one year we played there and it had rained alot the the 50 was awful.

It is a football only stadium. Good visitor seating though its far away I feel from the action, but you can stand on the fence near the vistors side and watch the game too. Thats what i did.

Port a pots on visitor side, bathrooms on home side up the hill. Concessions on visitor side also.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

wchreidman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 pm Anybody what Hillsboro's facilities are like? Turf? Good stands?
The field is not at Hillsboro high school it is at there old high school location . Thats the first thing you need to know.

It is a all grass field last week it was in great shape, but with all the rain this week and the field is at the bottom of a Hill it maybe soggy. The one year we played there and it had rained alot the the 50 was awful.

It is a football only stadium. Good visitor seating though its far away I feel from the action, but you can stand on the fence near the vistors side and watch the game too. Thats what i did.

Port a pots on visitor side, bathrooms on home side up the hill. Concessions on visitor side also.
Thanks, rain Wednesday in Hillsboro but it will be 75 on gameday so hopefully not too soggy of a field.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Good Luck should be a good game and the the running backs for both teams are good.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

wchreidman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 pm Good Luck should be a good game and the the running backs for both teams are good.
Which running backs do you think will make the biggest difference and matter the most?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

One of the area's better tilts this week. I haven't studied Region 11 teams (is Hillsboro Region 11 or SW12?) but is Hillsboro playing for a spot in week 11?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 am One of the area's better tilts this week. I haven't studied Region 11 teams (is Hillsboro Region 11 or SW12?) but is Hillsboro playing for a spot in week 11?
Nvm I see they 11, outside chance.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:25 pm anybody know the last time these two teams met?

Jackson 7
Hillsboro 3

Portsmouth Spartan Stadium....Regional Semi matchup

Both were 10-0 and averaged 40+ ppg

T.J. Turner (RIP) was incredible and had big college career ruining an OSU championship season and then played for the Patriots

Game was about 25 degrees with a hard snow that made vision very bad.

Jackson elembetary school principal Phil Kuhn was an assistant coach on that Boro team.

I feel though you knew all of this countywide35 8-)
wow!!! that is quite a rundown of the 1996 game vs Hillsboro.....not sure what would give you the impression that I previously knew all about the '96 10-0 vs 10-0 Ironmen vs Indians game in a frigid spittin snow/sleet/rain game :)

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”