Drew Pasteur has Regional and State Probabilities up

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Drew Pasteur has Regional and State Probabilities up

Post by LucasDavenport »

Fantastic50.net

I believe this is the first week he's had these up.

He thinks very highly of Wheelersburg and their chances. He gives The Pirates a 69% chance to win Region 19 and a 35% chance to win the State.

I usually access his site from Joe Eitel.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Drew Pasteur has Regional and State Probabilities up

Post by Raider6309 »

NY is at 53% chance getting to state

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

35% ? That is very conservative, D5 is fairly weak this year. Burg is more like an 80% lock to win state.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Slappy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:25 pm 35% ? That is very conservative, D5 is fairly weak this year. Burg is more like an 80% lock to win state.
Not quite. They actually have to make it there.... lol there are some good football teams in d5... hell there are some good teams in region 19.. I think burg will be fine if they just do what they have beeen doing each week..

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:27 pm
Slappy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:25 pm 35% ? That is very conservative, D5 is fairly weak this year. Burg is more like an 80% lock to win state.
Not quite. They actually have to make it there.... lol there are some good football teams in d5... hell there are some good teams in region 19.. I think burg will be fine if they just do what they have beeen doing each week..
Stop the politically correct crap, anything short of a state title for Burg will be a failure. No Coldwater or CCC to contend with, Col. Academy & Jtown Monroe are pretty good but nothing to worry about. Its now or maybe never. Coldwater will be back in D5 in 2019 and then Burg will have very little shot at a title.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Slappy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:23 pm
Stop the politically correct crap, anything short of a state title for Burg will be a failure. No Coldwater or CCC to contend with, Col. Academy & Jtown Monroe are pretty good but nothing to worry about. Its now or maybe never. Coldwater will be back in D5 in 2019 and then Burg will have very little shot at a title.
No matter if Burg wins the state or even wins the region they have had a very fine season so far you never know what the future holds heck Burg gotta worry about Minford,Valley then the big game with West so saying that Burgs season will be a failure if they don't win a state title is ridiculous sure Burg might be the favorite to win the region but u never know what may happen thats why they play the games IMO Burg is definitely the best team in southern ohio and POSSIBLY in D5 but I gues HATERS gonna hate ! GO BURG! worry about an SOC championship first then we can talk about the playoffs

Burg grad 85
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Drew ran it again and updated about 7:30 pm.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thanks!! Drew must have agreed with Slappy. He increased their Regional Championship % to 70. He left the state % at 35.

I'm intrigued by responses like Slappys'. He not only says that an undefeated season --- a win over your rival in week 10--- a Regional Championship--- even an appearance in the Title Game-/-all of them worthless.

And, he knows future enrollment figures and divisional assignments for at least Coldwater. Impressive.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 pm Thanks!! Drew must have agreed with Slappy. He increased their Regional Championship % to 70. He left the state % at 35.

I'm intrigued by responses like Slappys'. He not only says that an undefeated season --- a win over your rival in week 10--- a Regional Championship--- even an appearance in the Title Game-/-all of them worthless.

And, he knows future enrollment figures and divisional assignments for at least Coldwater. Impressive.
If you novices knew a fraction about HS FB as I do you would just sit back and learn, but no you guys wanna be smart a**es. Save my comments for later in the season then we'll talk.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

It's your world Slappy. I'm just a role player.

I didn't question your knowledge.

I questioned your downright degradation of anything less than a State Title.

And your future knowledge of Enrollment Figures. I questioned that too.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

We all know that Burg is going 10-0 and that R19 is probably the overall weakest region in D5. The Burg coaching staff can't say it but they sure are thinking it, state title or bust!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Coldwater got put in D6 not because the number of boys in the school but because competitive balance thats why alot of schools got moved around especially Bishop Hartley And no coach on Burgs staff is worrying about winning a state championship dang slappy let the Burg try to win an SOC championship first!

Burg grad 85
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I wouldn't necessarily consider the season a complete and utter failure if Burg didn't win a state title, but slappy is right in that this year and next give us the best opportunity to do it probably. Obviously the coaches, staff and kids prepare to go 1-0 each week, but for all us other fans sitting here looking at Week 8 and what we have accomplished so far and seeing how our region and the other D5 regions in the state line up for a run, that is a pretty natural thing to do. I honestly think Week 14 Is a given then it gets down to how OHSAA matches up teams in the semi's. I like our chances at a 15-0 year at this point. I would handicap a Week 15 appearance as better than 50/50.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Slappy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:55 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 pm Thanks!! Drew must have agreed with Slappy. He increased their Regional Championship % to 70. He left the state % at 35.

If you novices knew a fraction about HS FB as I do you would just sit back and learn, but no you guys wanna be smart a**es. Save my comments for later in the season then we'll talk.
😆 🤣 😂. That’s why you post on SEOPS. Because you know soooooooo much. You’re an idiot.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Slappy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Novice... Hell that's an upgrade for me. I'm still just considered a water boy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Slappy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:23 pm
Yeah Burg shouldn't worry about anyone in Region 19. Sounds kinda like what we heard last year before Coshocton jumped up and bit them. I hope the players and coaches don't have this attitude or Burg will never get out of the region again this year.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I don't think Slappy is from Wheelersburg

He also knows infinitely more about HS Football than I do so I would be careful getting into a verbal joust with the Rocket Scientist.

I believe that's an outside perspective and an unfair one. I would hope if you hold one team in Southern OHIO to a win it all or be worthless mentality you would hold every team in Southern Ohio to the same.

It's the same thing when I read people telling the NY fans not to expect to beat Marion Local or Coldwater. Your team is really good but don't get carried away.... you beat us but just you wait.,..

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:03 pm I don't think Slappy is from Wheelersburg

He also knows infinitely more about HS Football than I do so I would be careful getting into a verbal joust with the Rocket Scientist.

I believe that's an outside perspective and an unfair one. I would hope if you hold one team in Southern OHIO to a win it all or be worthless mentality you would hold every team in Southern Ohio to the same.

It's the same thing when I read people telling the NY fans not to expect to beat Marion Local or Coldwater. Your team is really good but don't get carried away.... you beat us but just you wait.,..
I agree that to say it's all or nothing is unfair to the kids.
I think the Burg can win it all this year but if they don't I will be really proud of how they represented Southern Ohio in the Playoffs.

It's high school football and it is played by teenage kids. Anything can hapoen.
I prefer to sit back and enjoy the ride. In Nelsonville-Yorks case, we will go however far we go and I will be damned proud of all the hard work and effort our boys put in this year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Orange and Brown. I look forward to seeing you once again in the Convo.

I think Burg and NY definitely are the 2 best teams in Southern Ohio. Portsmouth West might have something to say about that but it will shake out.

I remember the goal line stands your Buckeyes put on my Pirates in Tank Stadium in 1981. It's nice having more than 3 classifications and 2 regional representatives now!!

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Drew updated yet again this morning.

Return to “Football”