Game Report: Fisher Catholic 24 Worthington Chtistian 6

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Game Report: Fisher Catholic 24 Worthington Chtistian 6

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Last night I drove to Lancaster to take in the game between Worthington Christian and Lancaster Fisher Catholic. This was game four for me this weekend and overall it was game 45 for. me. Before getting to the game I want to say I am using online rosters , now some schools have done an exceptional job at putting them on the web, while others have done a poor job of doing this.

On the games first play #5 Nick Krooner, a Freshman for the Irish put the ball on the ground and coming up with it for the Warriors was #26(Not on the roster) I believe he came up with it from the bottom of the pile. The 59 fans on the Worthington Christian side of the field was happy with the recovery as they all seemed to cheer at once.

The Warriors would fumble the ball away on their 2nd play of the game and the Irish made the recovery. I believe it was #55 Keegan Christie 6-3 / 245, but I am not 100% sure.

Fisher Catholic would take a 3-0 lead, when #25(NOT ON THE ROSTER) connected on a 29-yard field goal out of the hold from #24 Logan Loy 5-11 / 148. The drive total nine plays and went for thirty-eight-yards.

At the 6:15 mark of the quarter #44 Chayton Brown got #26 for a two-yard loss and then a chop block was called against the Warriors, moving the ball back 15 yards.

The Irish attempted a 23-yard field goal with 2:56 left in the quarter, but the kick was blocked, so the game stayed 3-0 Fisher Catholic.
I was not able to catch the player who made the block, but I can say the line for the Warriors all did a great job on the play.

In the last 1:04 of the quarter #26 for the Warriors would get a nice 17-yard run and then he would be planted into the dirt for a four-yard loss, when #50 Derick Bowman 5-11 / 230 of the Irish got to him in the backfield.

Just six seconds into the 2nd quarter #88 #88 Correll Amsbaugh of the Warriors made a nice catch, but on the run after he fumbled the ball and making the recovery for Fisher Catholic looked to be #17 Connor Swartz 6-0 / 170. The Fisher offense did little with ball, so a punt followed very soon after the fumble recovery.

#69 (NOT ON THE ROSTER) for Fisher Catholic got to #10(2 listed on the roster0 of the Warriors for a five-yard-loss, with 9:56 left in the quarter. #10 would hit a wide open #5(NOT ON THE ROSTER) for a big fifty-four-yard Warriors gain at the 9:29 mark of the quarter. #26 would end the drive, with a twenty-five-yard run to pay dirt. The point after kick by #42 Danny Myers 5-9 / 140 was blocked, so the score remained 6-3 Warriors, with 8:47 left in the half.

Worthington Christian got one final big play in the half, when #10 hit #88 Correll Amsbaugh, for a thirty-five-yard gain, with 5:55 left.
Defense ruled the rest of the half, leaving the score 6-3, as the teams headed into the locker rooms.

There was no scoring in the third quarter as both defenses continue to flex muscles as big as Lou Ferrigno, in his Hulk days.
The biggest offensive play came with 8:39 left on the clock and that was a twenty-two-yard run from #1 Caden Mccolley 5-8 / 167, of the Irish.
So defensive highlights included a nice play by #30 Braden Anderson 5-10 / 150, of the Warriors when he got to #5 Nick Krooner , for an eight-yard-loss, with 3:43 left. Anderson also got to Mccolley for a three-yard-loss at the 2:57 mark.
On a punt play the snap was bad causing the Warriors punter to fumble it and making the recovery for the Irish was #50 Derick Bowman 5-11 / 230, at the 0:14 mark.

With 10:47 left in the game, Fisher Catholic capped off a nice drive, with a two-yard touchdown run by #24 Logan Loy 5-11 / 148 and after the point after, that looked to be tipped went over the crossbar, this was a 10-6 game with Fisher Catholic leading.

THE LICKING COUNTY FAN PLAYER OF THE GAME LOGAN LOY would pick off a pass, that looked to be tipped and then he would take it sixty-one-yards for another Irish score. The point after kick made this a 17-6 game.

#55 Keegan Christie 6-3 / 245 of the Irish made the right read on an attempted screen pass, throw by #10 of the Warriors, as he made the pick and a nice little return afterwards. The scoreboard clock read 8:17 after the pick.

Loy would cap off the twenty-yard drive with a thee-yard touchdown run. The point after would be the last point scored in this one, making the final 24-6 Fisher Catholic.

#50 Derick Bowman 5-11 / 230 would sack #10 two more times before this one was over putting a stamp on this night for the Irish defense.

VERY UNOFFICIAL STATS(SCOREBOARD WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY IN THIS ONE)

WORTHINGTON CHRISTIAN
55 PLAYS
144 YARDS
PASSING 6-18 1 INT

FISHER CATHOLIC
58 PLAYS
180 YARDS
PASSING 1-5

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Re: Game Report: Fisher Catholic 24 Worthington Chtistian 6

Post by sapientia et veritas »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:56 am On the games first play #5 Nick Krooner, a Freshman for the Irish put the ball on the ground

Good thing we couldn't go or his dad would have told Aunt Pulchritudo et Bonitas and Uncle Sapientia et Veritas to stay away for the rest of the lad's promising career. Last time, he got a concussion.

Nice pictures from the game! I can't seem to find where my old buddy Dad Thimmes hides his semiofficial sideline photos.

The game this week is at Millersport? That's only a minute or two further than Fulton for us. Maybe we'll swing by.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Game Report: Fisher Catholic 24 Worthington Chtistian 6

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Introduce yourself.
I will beI the goofy looking guy with the notebook, camera and binoculars.

Return to “Football”