Logan is at a crossroad

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Logan is at a crossroad

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:38 pm
The Fan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:59 pm In the next couple of years Logan will have some really good athletes coming thru the system. The O and D lines will be very physical. There are some young kids who will make an impact that may not have gotten an opportunity this year as much. Kisor started 3 or 4 games but is now injured, the Wyckoff kid missed entire season from a knee injury and the Miller kid has been dealing with concussion and arm issues I am hearing from week 1. Chapin has also stepped up in a big way defensively and will be a good one. Lets also not count out the Vincent kid who is huge along with Risch and Edwards who will be seniors. This program is not in dire straits. Thing is, can we keep these kids interested in off season and what will be done in the off season to make them better?
There has been potential for a number of years now. You are not wrong about this sophomore/junior group. And the freshman team has some nice bodies as well. No "overwhelming" single class, but enough in each to be competitive.

At the same time, it's time to stop having "potential" and "future" talent - it's time to WIN and WIN soon for the program, school, and community.

Go Chiefs!
Definitely agree here as well, Locos.

10kdude
Waterboy

Post by 10kdude »

Why don't logan try to play schools like Amanda clearcreak or Fairfield union i think that would make a couple good games and its not a long travel time.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

They think Logan is too big. But their eyes are bigger than their bellies.
Put Logan with the six biggest schools in the MSL and Logan would average close to a over all record in sports at .500.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

It looks like Amanda's non-league games are weeks 1, 2, and 6.

AC might be a good fit for week one, but I wouldn't want to drop Teays or Athens to pick up the Aces.

Same for FU. I could see them fitting in week one, but I doubt FU would want to drop New Lex. I wouldn't want to swap them for Teays or Meigs.

Who knows in the future.

Let Logan in the MSL and we can all play every year :D

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm It looks like Amanda's non-league games are weeks 1, 2, and 6.

AC might be a good fit for week one, but I wouldn't want to drop Teays or Athens to pick up the Aces.

Same for FU. I could see them fitting in week one, but I doubt FU would want to drop New Lex. I wouldn't want to swap them for Teays or Meigs.

Who knows in the future.

Let Logan in the MSL and we can all play every year :D
And there you have it. Without a viable league for Logan to be accepted to, there are no "perfect" options for scheduling. There will be fewer good fits and more over or under games.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I'm hearing the wheels are already turning in Logan. Have yet another bizarre story for you COACH IS UPSET , SO BURNS A BUNCH OF PAPER RECORDS IN FRONT OF THE KIDS. Why and for what purpose ? Anyone share more info on this ?

I'm hearing lots of grumbling.

Have gun, will travel
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Well if that is true the nail is probably in the coffin. He is probably good and ready to leave from the sound of it anyway,might not have to fire him.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I hate to hear Logan is on a downturn as are my Fighting Tigers. Two once proud programs and SEOAL rivals are having their share of problems. For the sake of the kids and the communities, I hope things will turnaround. Things may never be what they once were, but there is no reason for not trying.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:39 pm I hate to hear Logan is on a downturn as are my Fighting Tigers. Two once proud programs and SEOAL rivals are having their share of problems. For the sake of the kids and the communities, I hope things will turnaround. Things may never be what they once were, but there is no reason for not trying.
Same as Ironton. Both have become poor school districts and have become a lot smaller. Wasn't Logan in 1991 1750 students. Today its 1200 students

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I looked forward to playing Logan in football and basketball because I always knew it would be a competitive game. Unfortunately, we were unable to play them in 1978 due to a teacher strike. Not playing that game, cost the 78 team a regional title.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

tradition rich Logan wont be down forever.......they will find a league to call home and teams that kick the Chiefs while they are down will come back to haunt them when the Chiefs are rolling high again.......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

After losing to an awful 0-8 Ross team, Logan faces an even worse Warren team. Warren is one of the worst teams in the state. Given the state of the Logan program, people will watch this one closely. With all the athletes and athletic ability at Logan, could this be another embarrassment ?

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Warren is rated by Pasteur as 102 out of 107 D-III teams in the state and ranked at #609 overall. They are 0-8 going into their game with Linsley (WV) tonite, who will absolutely kill them. They are best described as horrible.

Have gun, will travel
Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

This falls back on the "fair weather" fans also.. The community has lost some of its passion, and this is not just at the HS level. I am actively involved in many lower level sports and they have become nothing more than a baby sitting service. How do you expect a HS athlete to commit to the game, if the the community doesn't commit to its athletes. There are a ton of good kids, but a ton of "fair weather fans" and the kids all see it.. Hold the kids accountable, hold the parents accountable and hold this community accountable.. I myself do not respect the current AD, its a personal thing, but the job is being done. What I do believe is, if the current head coach is there next year, hopefully some of the existing assistants are not.. Some of them need to go, guess its a wait and see.. GO CHIEFS..

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Logan_Buckeye wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 pm This falls back on the "fair weather" fans also.. The community has lost some of its passion, and this is not just at the HS level. I am actively involved in many lower level sports and they have become nothing more than a baby sitting service. How do you expect a HS athlete to commit to the game, if the the community doesn't commit to its athletes. There are a ton of good kids, but a ton of "fair weather fans" and the kids all see it.. Hold the kids accountable, hold the parents accountable and hold this community accountable.. I myself do not respect the current AD, its a personal thing, but the job is being done. What I do believe is, if the current head coach is there next year, hopefully some of the existing assistants are not.. Some of them need to go, guess its a wait and see.. GO CHIEFS..
Care to elaborate on why the head coach should get a pass if they clean house of assistants? Not an indictment, just curious?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Me too.

Have gun, will travel
Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:41 pm
Logan_Buckeye wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 pm This falls back on the "fair weather" fans also.. The community has lost some of its passion, and this is not just at the HS level. I am actively involved in many lower level sports and they have become nothing more than a baby sitting service. How do you expect a HS athlete to commit to the game, if the the community doesn't commit to its athletes. There are a ton of good kids, but a ton of "fair weather fans" and the kids all see it.. Hold the kids accountable, hold the parents accountable and hold this community accountable.. I myself do not respect the current AD, its a personal thing, but the job is being done. What I do believe is, if the current head coach is there next year, hopefully some of the existing assistants are not.. Some of them need to go, guess its a wait and see.. GO CHIEFS..
Care to elaborate on why the head coach should get a pass if they clean house of assistants? Not an indictment, just curious?
I said IF, it is my belief that he should have brought some of his own in the first place, but that didnt happen. Most likely to do with coming from out of the area and any he would want lived too far away.. I was personally hoping they would have hired the johnstown coach, that didnt happen either. So, since its been 5 years, and the program really hasn't progressed under his system, it would be difficult to retain him also.. With that being said, I would like to see a change, top to bottom.. That includes the middle school system also, they apparently are not feeding the high school with findamentaly sound kids..

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Logan_Buckeye wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:25 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:41 pm
I said IF, it is my belief that he should have brought some of his own in the first place, but that didnt happen. Most likely to do with coming from out of the area and any he would want lived too far away.. I was personally hoping they would have hired the johnstown coach, that didnt happen either. So, since its been 5 years, and the program really hasn't progressed under his system, it would be difficult to retain him also.. With that being said, I would like to see a change, top to bottom.. That includes the middle school system also, they apparently are not feeding the high school with findamentaly sound kids..
I have a question . Where do you find approx. 10 or 12 coaches that are not already coaching at Logan to replace the JR High thru Varsity . No quick fix here . Starts at the biddy system with technique and love of the sport. I do think the Head Coach and staff needs to have some input . It's easy to speculate the future when things are not going well. Regroup Chiefs and win your last game then work hard in the off season .

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Let's also start at the bottom and give the next head coach some input to implement his program starting with a 5th and 6th grade program of inclusion!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

moonshine wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:25 am Let's also start at the bottom and give the next head coach some input to implement his program starting with a 5th and 6th grade program of inclusion!
Moon,
I'm sure the feeder programs would welcome support from the coaches. But the coaches have to make that commitment. It is essential that the staff encourages and supports the youth leagues, be that tackle or community flag leagues. Bottom line is the kids have to have an appreciation of the game and schooled in fundamentals.

Return to “Football”