Logan is at a crossroad

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Logan is at a crossroad

Post by Paladin »

I see we have mental midgets on here. Logan and WGH are very similar now as both are in a down cycle, losing seasons and limited talent vs the schedule played. The difference however is in the talent level. WGH easily produces D-I talent yet plays teams with better college bound athletes -- Canton McKinley, Massillon, Erie (Pa.) Cathredal Prep ( a powerhouse), Cardinal Mooney, Ursuline, Youngstown Boardman , Austintown Fitch, etc. Logan, without a league, plays gypsy trying to get games but with a lower talent level. That said, it's still a far superior schedule than most teams inSEO who are reduced to playing minor teams of small and very small division football against woefully inferior teams. And yes, many of WGH are black players while Logan is mostly white. Yet an athlete is an athlete regardless of color. But morons abound. Most people got the connection. However the clueless trolls continue to show their butts, as usual.

There are a number of other comparisons -- factions in both communities believe it's time for a new HC, numbers of players out are lower, athletes roam the halls who should be out and contributing to the team, game attendance is falling off and players either dislike or disrespect the HC or both. Logan and WGH are very similar.

Have gun, will travel
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:47 pm Logan just needs a league. That schedule is pretty tough
You had your chance 2 or so years ago when Gallia/Warren/Logan/Jackson all came to the TVC on their knees. Athens could have pushed for the 3rd "big" division or said we are going to the SEOAL.

Say what you want about the SEOAL, but Athens, Jackson, Logan, Gallia had some great games and tough battles. There were never "sure things" when it came to who was going to win.

There was a fleeting opportunity to capture that again and it Is now passed, unfortunately so in my opinion. So Logan will have no league and Athens in football will very likely be successful most years and rely on Week 10 for the TVC title decision.

Sorry I mentioned "SEOAL" and "TVC 3rd Division" in one reply, a no-no I realize, my apologies.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

doubleplay643 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:51 am
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:47 pm Logan just needs a league. That schedule is pretty tough
You had your chance 2 or so years ago when Gallia/Warren/Logan/Jackson all came to the TVC on their knees. Athens could have pushed for the 3rd "big" division or said we are going to the SEOAL.

Say what you want about the SEOAL, but Athens, Jackson, Logan, Gallia had some great games and tough battles. There were never "sure things" when it came to who was going to win.

There was a fleeting opportunity to capture that again and it Is now passed, unfortunately so in my opinion. So Logan will have no league and Athens in football will very likely be successful most years and rely on Week 10 for the TVC title decision.

Sorry I mentioned "SEOAL" and "TVC 3rd Division" in one reply, a no-no I realize, my apologies.
If Athens would have pushed for a 3rd division they still would have gotten the same results. The TVC isn't interested in a 3rd division.
If Athens wanted to leave the league they could have but they didn't so we are where we are at. Does it suck for Logan? Heck yes it does. I feel bad for them and I hope something works out for them soon.
I feel the worst for their AD. Scheduling has to be a nightmare.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Everyone not from the TVC acts like Athens runs the league. Athens is going along with what the other schools want. There are 15 other schools. Athens did just vote for the third division for Marietta and Warren but that was a throw a way vote

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fort Frye, Oak Hill, Marietta, Gallia, Warren, and Jackson are all in the TVC in 10 years

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm

If Athens would have pushed for a 3rd division they still would have gotten the same results. The TVC isn't interested in a 3rd division.
If Athens wanted to leave the league they could have but they didn't so we are where we are at. Does it suck for Logan? Heck yes it does. I feel bad for them and I hope something works out for them soon.
As I said above - mentioning it was a no-no and in they jump.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:31 pm Everyone not from the TVC acts like Athens runs the league. Athens is going along with what the other schools want. There are 15 other schools. Athens did just vote for the third division for Marietta and Warren but that was a throw a way vote

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fort Frye, Oak Hill, Marietta, Gallia, Warren, and Jackson are all in the TVC in 10 years
Jackson won't go to the TVC, They want a league where they can play strong football with more than a couple Teams. And why would they want to travel more than they do now. If Jackson some how, in the future, plays TVC teams as a league game it will be where the TVC as fallen through and renamed. How many in the TVC will travel to Oak Hill? Gallia doesn't need anyone but the OVC. If Fort Frye, Marietta and Warren play TVC teams it will be a different League with former TVC schools. I can see Marietta, Warren, Athens, and a few others forming a new league before thet get into the TVC. I still say Athens only votes yes because they know there are too many no votes and not because they want to play them. The bulldog pulled the wool over the SEOAL's eyes and they are still doing it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm

A realignment of the Ohio and the Hocking with a larger Ohio with the addition of Marietta , Logan and Warren along with Athens and a couple other schools would have been a good league . But this will never happen . It's amazing that the old SEOAL lasted so many years and a lot of the TVC Ohio was once part of it . Hard to figure for sure .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

SEO has been down sizing

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Return to “Football”