Logan is at a crossroad

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Logan is at a crossroad

Post by Paladin »

Locos --Warren G. Harding is very similar to Logan. Tons of athletes in the halls, a coach who is having failing seasons (last year was 3-7) and not much on the horizon. In their case , however, they usually have several D-I recruits each year and natives are getting restless.

Very surprised. You sure it wasn't the indoor track athletes and not the football team ?

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Paladin wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 pm Locos --Warren G. Harding is very similar to Logan. Tons of athletes in the halls, a coach who is having failing seasons (last year was 3-7) and not much on the horizon. In their case , however, they usually have several D-I recruits each year and natives are getting restless.

Very surprised. You sure it wasn't the indoor track athletes and not the football team ?
They were wearing football jerseys. But it definitely wasn't a full roster. Probably 25 maybe 30 kids.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Read with interest about the off season conditioning and weight lifting. A lot of it is on the individual athlete and his desire to prepare himself for the regular season. But some must come from upper classmen setting the example and peer pressuring the others to participate. Coaches must make the commitment to be there and to support a complete conditioning program. That's why it's called a program. All facets must contribute to the success of the team.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Locos-- if the kids from WGH had size, it probably was the football team. They have a D-I RB this year and a few good OL with size. However WGH's Coach Arnold has a brother who was a big star at that school up North and he is always recruiting for them, lol. Urban may be keeping the red carpet out lest he lose future players.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:02 am Coaches must make the commitment to be there and to support a complete conditioning program. That's why it's called a program. All facets must contribute to the success of the team.
Very much agree. ;)

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:47 am
dazed&confused wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:02 am Coaches must make the commitment to be there and to support a complete conditioning program. That's why it's called a program. All facets must contribute to the success of the team.
Very much agree. ;)
So, tell us where is the coaching staff! We always had the Head Coach involved to the extent of what was allow! :mrgreen:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

moonshine wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:47 am
Very much agree. ;)
So, tell us where is the coaching staff! We always had the Head Coach involved to the extent of what was allow! :mrgreen:
Mine was a very general post regarding what Trenchfoot had previously said. I do not know if the coaching staff is or isn't conducting an effective weight and conditioning program. They very well may. All I'm saying is that effective offseason programs create better regular seasons, which are measured in wins. In that category, I can definitely surmise the program is not doing well.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

As I suspected he does have a weight training program for them in place, but whether they are actually showing up or its mandatory is anybody's guess.

http://loganfb.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Do we have a dedicated conditioning coach? :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

The weight room is open year round with a monitor. But other then that who knows. Is there a strict workout regiment with goals or is it a Nick Nolte & Mac Davis North Dallas Forty workout regiment??

AT THE RESERVATION
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 pm Locos --Warren G. Harding is very similar to Logan. Tons of athletes in the halls, a coach who is having failing seasons (last year was 3-7) and not much on the horizon. In their case , however, they usually have several D-I recruits each year and natives are getting restless.

Logan similar to WGH? WGH is like Portsmouth
Last edited by Raider6309 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

With the vote to add three teams to the MVL the ECOL will die soon. Now Zanesville, Marietta, Warren, and Logan all will need a league

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:09 pm With the vote to add three teams to the MVL the ECOL will die soon. Now Zanesville, Marietta, Warren, and Logan all will need a league
Interesting point.

But Dover, New Philly, Zanesville, Marietta, and Cambridge could also stabilize. They could add Warren to even out the schedule at 5 football games each, but I'm not sure Dover/New Philly want play league games any farther away than Marietta (which they already hate).

But Logan, Marietta, Warren, and Zanesville will probably at least have a conversation. Not sure I currently see a 5th or 6th member who would be a good fit.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:51 am

Logan similar to WGH? WGH is like Portsmouth
Thank you, Raider, for pointing out something that everyone reading this thread already figured out for themselves.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1987chieftains wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:16 am Is there a strict workout regiment with goals or is it a Nick Nolte & Mac Davis North Dallas Forty workout regiment??
:lol: :lol: :lol: At least it was their coaches first priority that they be there. :lol: :lol: :lol: Strict, well. :lol: :lol: That is a good ole movie by the way. Really liked it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:21 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:09 pm With the vote to add three teams to the MVL the ECOL will die soon. Now Zanesville, Marietta, Warren, and Logan all will need a league
Interesting point.

But Dover, New Philly, Zanesville, Marietta, and Cambridge could also stabilize. They could add Warren to even out the schedule at 5 football games each, but I'm not sure Dover/New Philly want play league games any farther away than Marietta (which they already hate).

But Logan, Marietta, Warren, and Zanesville will probably at least have a conversation. Not sure I currently see a 5th or 6th member who would be a good fit.
If Warren doesn't get into the TVC I can see the ECOL as an option. Marrietta wants in the TVC but I don't think they have a shot really....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:20 am
1987chieftains wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:16 am Is there a strict workout regiment with goals or is it a Nick Nolte & Mac Davis North Dallas Forty workout regiment??
:lol: :lol: :lol: At least it was their coaches first priority that they be there. :lol: :lol: :lol: Strict, well. :lol: :lol: That is a good ole movie by the way. Really liked it.
How about the workout in The Longest Yard! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Does it have to be in the front, side or back of the house??????????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:31 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:20 am
How about the workout in The Longest Yard! :mrgreen:
Good movie also. :)

Return to “Football”