SEO

Re: Logan is at a crossroad

Post by moonshine »

Still very quite from the SWAMP! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Been to Logan stadium for several different events and have only seen one area that held water after the river was high and that is the area where they throw the discus and it is far from the swamp area of Dawley Road.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Come on the place was build in the Flood Plain! No major announcement as of yet!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

And all homes built in the Dawley road area where built in a worse flood Plain with a smaller river or should I say creek. No major announcements made in bulldozing the place under.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Would have been nicer if the school was built up on Jurgensmeir Hill It would still be High on the hill instead of Low in the swamp! I know you are in agreement!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I agree that it could have built it somewhere else. I just don't agree with you bad mouthing it. My understanding was the land deal was hard to turn down. The location is better than the place you mentioned.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I will always call it The Swamp! Just think if they used the money they spend for fill dirt and compaction they could have saved the taxpayers of the district millions of $$$$$ or built better facilities! Furthermore the so called "Land Deal" if you check the record it cost the tax payers quite a bit of money for this so called Deal! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It is funny that people talk about the school where it is built and they go out and buy a place that is in a worse area. Honey a have this boat so lets buy a house in a flood area. :lol: :lol:

Would the area you mentioned be free...think not...I bet that is better known for tax cost. You are just sore because it was built out towards Union Furnace and not the Logan area where the elder live.

You might be happier if they built it in the Dawley swamp. Now that would be good for the boat business for Hocking Country. :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Jesus H. Christ, moonshine. Are you that dense ? There are NO better facilities anywhere in Ohio. That's because schools built with Ohio tax money are built to Ohio School Plans, there are no others. Standard buildings for all in Ohio. Second, site preparation is a cheap component of building construction whereas land acquisition can be expensive. Third, it is Logan we are talking about, no ? Cheap has been a major component for most Logan decisions, and true to form , you are squeezing the last turd out of that Buffalo nickel you got wedged n your hand. I was impressed with all of the facility and know they got a good deal, even if it's damp at times and it's not like the flood plain will rise up the walls during a flood. Too much open ground for water to be diverted too.

Have gun, will travel
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: moon must have be on a bender with the real moonshine!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

A few cold ones before heading to the river basin on Friday evenings. :lol: Nothing better. :lol: It eases the pain/agony of defeat these last few years. :oops: :? :(

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The land was pretty much donated by the Shaw /Davidson family so a person can't complain too much. Only problem I have heard of them having was some stumps they had to take out under the field after it was put in. I thought the skeeters might be bad out there being so close to the river ,but they not that bad. Pretty nice facility, but J-Town is still my favorite with no track pushing you away from the action.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Stumps at most building sites that has trees to be moved out. No problem with big machinery to remove those babies. It would be nicer/glorious place if we could get some wins again at the river basin. Never did notice much skeeters bites out there but they like mostly still water to breed in. The river is flowing most of the time.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Me and my brother used to fish just downstream from there and we would get eaten alive, so that's why I was thinking that. Must be just far enough away is all I can figure.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

That one pond is close to there on the right close to 328. They like stagnant water. Puddles of water, like used tires laying around with water in them. Where you have setting still water mostly, plan on getting ate up with bites. I hate those dang things. Was at a ballgame onetime in Columbus and I got bit numerous times, bet there was standing water somewhere around there. Clogged up gutters holding left over water is bad too. Those bird baths are bad if they aren't cleaned and dumped out sometimes with fresh water added now and then. Any standing water for a period of time will cause skeeters bad.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Jeez, what happened to this thread? It's been hijacked. I thought it was about the state of the football program. Or is everyone treating it like my Browns? Well yea, they lose but it's still good old Logan High.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Is real changes coming to our football program or are going to have the same old same old another 3-7 season OMG!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Why was Logan shut out of hosting a football playoff game this year?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Did they bid ?

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Our Athletic director could give ya some "award winning" answers to these questions for ya'll :lol: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”