Logan is at a crossroad

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Logan is at a crossroad

Post by 1987chieftains »

I like to see Teays, Logan, Groveport, Hammy and Canal in a league. If we could only draw those 5 schools who else would the league go after?

AT THE RESERVATION
CruiserChief95
Waterboy

Post by CruiserChief95 »

I like that league 87'! Lots of natural rivalries there. Groveport-Hammy and Groveport-Canal are big rivalries already. I think you could also go after Licking Heights and Watkins Memorial. Size wise, they are both good fits. Like I said, I think Lancaster and Reynoldsburg are just too big for this proposed league and wouldn't be mutually beneficial from an athletic standpoint. It seems what Logan did, and what I would do, is they cast a wide net to more schools than they really want in the league in hopes of getting enough positive interest to present a viable league.

Sportfan97
Waterboy

Post by Sportfan97 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:13 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 pm Logan's AD is awful. Schedule winnable games
Logan's AD is fantastic. One of the hardest working with the toughest jobs in the business.

You have NO idea what you are talking about (as usual).
Locos, everyone knows you don’t know what your talking about and see everything through your purple colored glasses 😁

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You can put money on Locos word

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

CruiserChief95 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:23 pm I like that league 87'! Lots of natural rivalries there. Groveport-Hammy and Groveport-Canal are big rivalries already. I think you could also go after Licking Heights and Watkins Memorial. Size wise, they are both good fits. Like I said, I think Lancaster and Reynoldsburg are just too big for this proposed league and wouldn't be mutually beneficial from an athletic standpoint. It seems what Logan did, and what I would do, is they cast a wide net to more schools than they really want in the league in hopes of getting enough positive interest to present a viable league.
I believe this league will happen:
Groveport
Lancaster
Logan
Canal Winchester
Hamilton Twp
Teays Valley
Zanesville
Newark

Cruiser Chief 95 I think Lancaster will see Zanesville, Newark and Groveport as rivals renewed and Lancaster/Logan and Lancaster/Canal Winchester and Lancaster/Teays Valley will be great for the gate receipts. The only school that I think Lancaster will have to develop a history with is Hamilton Twp. Groveport, Newark and Canal Winchester need to see the OCC is now a massive school district with multiple high schools league. Hamilton Twp and Teays Valley have outgrown the Mid State. Zanesville wants to play closer to Columbus rather than eastern part of the State. It will take a few years but I would say by 2020 this league will happen.
When Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp leave the Mid State I will say Circleville and Logan Elm will go to the Frontier Athletic Conference.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Only see six teams starting this conference

Canal Winchester
Groveport
Logan
Newark
Teays Valley
Zanesville

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

FWIW -

Before Logan the SEOAL was created in 1925, Logan used to compete for a "Hocking Valley" championship against Canal Winchester, Groveport, and Nelsonville. It was definitely not a formal "league" - but the teams considered each other geographic rivals in the pre-SEOAL days.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

WOW! Can you imagine that bus rides from Canal and Groveport in the days of curvy two lane roads in the middle of the night.
:shock: :shock: :o :o

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Some of the buses where put on the missing bus list.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm WOW! Can you imagine that bus rides from Canal and Groveport in the days of curvy two lane roads in the middle of the night.
Honestly - I think they may have traveled by rail. Definitely didn't ride busses - more often the players carpooled. The teams only had 14-15 kids on them at the time.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

the train rails do go right through those areas.

AT THE RESERVATION
CruiserChief95
Waterboy

Post by CruiserChief95 »

It is quite possible that they traveled by train. I'll have to look into that.

noreply-Those six teams you listed would be a great start to a league. I think the fact that this is out in the open is a good sign that it will at least be seriously discussed. In conversations I've had with the Groveport AD, I stated that we should be playing Logan in every sport and he seemed to agree. And for selfish reasons, it would give me a chance to watch the Logan band play, cause these "marching bands" up here suck.

Sportfan97
Waterboy

Post by Sportfan97 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 am
1987chieftains wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm WOW! Can you imagine that bus rides from Canal and Groveport in the days of curvy two lane roads in the middle of the night.
Honestly - I think they may have traveled by rail. Definitely didn't ride busses - more often the players carpooled. The teams only had 14-15 kids on them at the time.
Also remember most of the games were played during the day until the 1950’s when the majority of schools finally started putting lights up on the fields...heck one school here in Cincinnati still has to play home games during the day because they don’t have lights....lol

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

CruiserChief95 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 am It is quite possible that they traveled by train. I'll have to look into that.

noreply-Those six teams you listed would be a great start to a league. I think the fact that this is out in the open is a good sign that it will at least be seriously discussed. In conversations I've had with the Groveport AD, I stated that we should be playing Logan in every sport and he seemed to agree. And for selfish reasons, it would give me a chance to watch the Logan band play, cause these "marching bands" up here suck.
Nothing like The Logan Marching Chieftains. TBDBITL!

AT THE RESERVATION
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I'm curious. Has Logan checked out who is coming out for football next year before making a decision on a coach contract ?

Have gun, will travel
Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm I'm curious. Has Logan checked out who is coming out for football next year before making a decision on a coach contract ?
The Wheaties defense makes kids look a lot faster on film than they really are. Hire the right guy and this becomes a way of life in Logan.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm I'm curious. Has Logan checked out who is coming out for football next year before making a decision on a coach contract ?
All I know is that there is a major announcement coming soon! :mrgreen:

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Must be the new league everyone is talking about.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

moonshine wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 am
All I know is that there is a major announcement coming soon! :mrgreen:
Hopefully this announcement you keep talking about includes the name of a popular breakfast cereal.

As in WHEATIES!

I plead with you, don't miss the boat on this one Logan powers. These windows don't open that often and the flame is still hot.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Wheaties????

Return to “Football”