Future opponents to schedule

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Future opponents to schedule

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Future opponents for your school and other schools to play?
Thoughts?
Had to clarify, apologizes!
Last edited by Ironmen#2588 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Future opponents to schedule

Post by Orange and Brown »

For who?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 pm For who?
Reposted!

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Jackson/Clinton Massie
Jackson/Canal Winchester

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY has a week 2 slot to fill. Hopefully we pick up a decent opponent.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Fairland and Burg need to drop each other I think.

Fairland and Meigs would be a good series to start, I know they used to schedule each other. And we’d all love to see Burg get Massie or Canal
Last edited by The Flash on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

And I’d like to see Wellston play an OVC team. Never seen them play in person. Coal Grove would be a good matchup.

Also would be cool to see NY and Ironton renew their series

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Wellston

fed hocking
northwest lol i like wins

joking

wellston vs rockhill/minford was always a good game

oakhill of course

southeastern

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'd like to see Burg stop worrying so much about scheduling up north to get better and cross the river. Play Ashland Blazer, Point Pleasant, Cabell Midland just a few teams where could be a step up in competition and travel isn't to bad.
Like to see Jackson and Clinton Massie lock horns
Wouldn't happen because of school size but always would've liked Chillicothe and Waverly to play. However, with Chillicothe's school growth probably not one that will ever happen. Always surprised me that Waverly and Circleville didn't meet up other then scrimmages. Also Amanda Clearcreek for waverly.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

I'd love to see jackson play more out of state schools, like have a contract with Ashland and Boyd county. Two good programs. Also keep playing Cabell Midland every other year. Parkersburg would be a good school as well with a home and home series!
Steubenville and Sheridan would also be two good schools for jackson to play.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 am I'd like to see Burg stop worrying so much about scheduling up north to get better and cross the river. Play Ashland Blazer, Point Pleasant, Cabell Midland just a few teams where could be a step up in competition and travel isn't to bad.
Wouldn't happen because of school size but always would've liked Chillicothe and Waverly to play. However, with Chillicothe's school growth probably not one that will ever happen. Always surprised me that Waverly and Circleville didn't meet up other then scrimmages. Also Amanda Clearcreek for waverly.
I'd love to see Burg play bigger opponents like Massie, Canal Winchester, and even Cabell midland. Also I'd pay for Burg against DeSales. Schedule that for Saturday game at a neutral site like jackson or OU.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 am I'd love to see jackson play more out of state schools, like have a contract with Ashland and Boyd county. Two good programs. Also keep playing Cabell Midland every other year. Parkersburg would be a good school as well with a home and home series!
Steubenville pretty much out in terms of drive time, Sheridan could be work. Lancaster they're D1 but not a juggernaut D1, but and the drive isn't bad but Jackson and Lancaster
Last edited by greygoose on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 am I'd love to see jackson play more out of state schools, like have a contract with Ashland and Boyd county. Two good programs. Also keep playing Cabell Midland every other year. Parkersburg would be a good school as well with a home and home series!
Steubenville pretty much out in terms of drive time, Sheridan could be work. They're D1 but not a juggernaut D1 and the drive isn't bad but Jackson and Lancaster
So what? If you wanna play the best competition, you may have to drive a little. But both schools could meet half way. Are you saying Sheridan is D1? or meaning they are D3 but a good D3 school And nothing wrong with drive, jackson had to go to zanesville when they were in the league and that's farther.just like when jackson had the home/home series with Granville. That's a drive. Jackson and Lancaster would be a good matchup as well.
Also Reynoldsburg would be a good school.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:45 am
Steubenville pretty much out in terms of drive time, Sheridan could be work. They're D1 but not a juggernaut D1 and the drive isn't bad but Jackson and Lancaster
So what? If you wanna play the best competition, you may have to drive a little. But both schools could meet half way. Are you saying Sheridan is D1? or meaning they are D3 but a good D3 school And nothing wrong with drive, jackson had to go to zanesville when they were in the league and that's farther.just like when jackson had the home/home series with Granville. That's a drive. Jackson and Lancaster would be a good matchup as well.
My reference was to Lancaster being D1 and good on drive time. Need to check your googlemaps, Steubenville is 3 1/2 hr drive from Jackson and neither of those schools are going to play on neutral site. Both Zanesville and Granville are right at the 2 hr range, which is a long drive for high school however is ALOT closer drive when compared to Steubenville. However, this is only a like to see fantasy matchup so no biggie just pointing out Steubenville is alot farther then other schools you mentioned.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:54 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:45 am

My reference was to Lancaster being D1 and good on drive time. Need to check your googlemaps, Steubenville is 3 1/2 hr drive from Jackson and neither of those schools are going to play on neutral site. Both Zanesville and Granville are right at the 2 hr range, which is a long drive for high school however is ALOT closer drive when compared to Steubenville. However, this is only a like to see fantasy matchup so no biggie just pointing out Steubenville is alot farther then other schools you mentioned.
Yes they are and jackson should schedule them. I know how far Steubenville is, been there a few times myself. If jackson wants to play them and Steubenville agrees to the match up, then you never know what they would agree on.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Flash wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:55 pm Fairland and Burg need to drop each other I think.

Fairland and Meigs would be a good series to start, I know they used to schedule each other. And we’d all love to see Burg get Massie or Canal
Already happened. Burg replaced Fairland with Bishop Hartley.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 am I'd like to see Burg stop worrying so much about scheduling up north to get better and cross the river. Play Ashland Blazer, Point Pleasant, Cabell Midland just a few teams where could be a step up in competition and travel isn't to bad.
I'd love to see Burg play bigger opponents like Massie, Canal Winchester, and even Cabell midland. Also I'd pay for Burg against DeSales. Schedule that for Saturday game at a neutral site like jackson or OU.
Hartley will be a good one to watch next year. I hope it’s a Saturday game. I heard it was, but can’t take it to the bank.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:34 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 am
Hartley will be a good one to watch next year. I hope it’s a Saturday game. I heard it was, but can’t take it to the bank.
Hartley and Ready would be great games for Burg in nears future.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Burg: Ashland Blazer, PP Big Black, Hartley, Chillicothe, Hillsboro, try and keep it somewhat local but a Hartley home and home would be fine.

West: New Richmond, Bishop Ready, West Jefferson, Ironton

Valley: Bishop Ready, Grandview, Unioto, Amanda CC, Logan Elm

Ironton: Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots

Jackson: Cabell Midland, Point, DeSales, Lancaster, Clinton Massie (Logan and Athens should be a given every year)

Waverly: Bexley, Circleville, Athens, Bishop Ready, Gallipolis

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I know they are too far apart.. however, Jackson vs Johnson central ky. Would be awesome! Both play smash mouth football!!
Burg vs ny would be a good series.
West vs Jackson!
Burg vs Athens.

Return to “Football”