Portsmouth(34) @ (62)Fairland

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Re: Wk 8: Portsmouth @ Fairland

Post by OldBlue »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 am Fairland wins by 2-3 touchdowns at their rundown facilities.
Ahh yes let's mock other schools facilities on the internet. :roll:

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

OldBlue wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 am Fairland wins by 2-3 touchdowns at their rundown facilities.

some people just have nothing better to do besides being internet trolls.
Fairland is an academic school, they've never really been well known for their athletics.
they have a few good years here and there in certain sports. I could guarantee that if they would get a football program that would win consistently that this community would back them more and wouldn't care to vote for new facilities.I do agree tho they are very out of date but no one said you had to have the finest facilities to play a little football. i always loved playing on the grass at our home field and getting a little dirty.

rollside1
Waterboy

Post by rollside1 »

I see this being a blowout, Fairland has really good skilled position players with a weak front, on the other hand portsmouth has a good front with their skilled position players not being so "skilled" Kelley is their whole back field. Fairland 35 Ptown 7

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Not so fast my friends.. I think the Trojans from Portsmouth pulls off the upset tonight in Fairland. Calling it now.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

rollside1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am I see this being a blowout, Fairland has really good skilled position players with a weak front, on the other hand portsmouth has a good front with their skilled position players not being so "skilled" Kelley is their whole back field. Fairland 35 Ptown 7
Parker is back, has been back so Kelly is not their whole back field lol. Also the Portsmouth front isn't very good, very disappointing, also some injuries. Portsmouth has several skill players, both Parkers, Carter, Johnson, Jordan. It's a mater of getting them the ball, if you don't throw the ball then they have no chance to make any plays. Not sure who wins this one, think it could go either way. Feel like some big points will be put up though. Go Trojans!

Who Dey!
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I feel like the Trojans can play with these guys, win the battle up front, play solid defense and lets see what happens...GO Trojans

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Good Luck to Fairland from everyone up in Waverly!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

abelsdaddio wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 pm
OldBlue wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 am

some people just have nothing better to do besides being internet trolls.
Fairland is an academic school, they've never really been well known for their athletics.
they have a few good years here and there in certain sports. I could guarantee that if they would get a football program that would win consistently that this community would back them more and wouldn't care to vote for new facilities.I do agree tho they are very out of date but no one said you had to have the finest facilities to play a little football. i always loved playing on the grass at our home field and getting a little dirty.
Just stating facts. Their facilities are run down. Just like Burg needs more seating, West's stands seem so far away from the field, etc. Every venue has something they can improve on. As a matter of fact when I was at Fairland for a soccer game this year, I was talking with fans from there and they were the ones that brought up their facilities needing an upgrade.

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Post by Beergoggleblues »

Holy moly. I missed the game and got updates. But what in the world happened. Is fairland that good or we forget our defense.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

62 points is what Fairland dropped on the Trojans tonight lol. When you score 34 that should almost always win you the game, but Portsmouth has absolutely no defense. I said it would be high scoring didn't think it would be almost 100 points high lol.

Who Dey!
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

I thought I read earlier that Portsmouth hired a new and great defense coach?
This year D seems to be even worse

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Just not a lit of good decisions all around though ,the kids never!! Look prepared and if they gave you 25 time outs ptown would use all and want more

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fairland Dragons on the win......and a very convincing win at that. Over the past decade, Portsmouth has been known for porous defense, and last night held true to form. Giving up 62 points, with Dedrick(sp?) Cunningham being the bellweather for the Dragon offense. He had a spectacular night, and I noticed that he seems to be in really good shape. Conditioning is my major sticking point in HS athletics, and when I see a kid who is in great shape, he gets my accolades.

Trojan QB Isaac Kelly played his guts out like he always does; he certainly will be a big help to our basketball team. Talyn Parker had a good night as well(135 yards on 17 carries) Our kicker continues to kick PAT's very well, and will be a big help to us in the future. For the season to date, PHS's defense has given up an average of 27.6 PPG, down almost a TD from last year (32 PPG). Offensively, the Trojans are scoring at a 24.6 PPG clip, down slightly from last season (27 PPG). 5 times this season the Trojans have scored over 30 points (35, 31, 35, 34, 34). The defense has given up more than 30 points 3 times (32, 36, 62).

In this our 10th season since our last playoff appearance, Portsmouth football has amassed an overall record of 33-65.

Isaac Kelly last night became only the 2nd QB in PHS history with 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards passing. Congratulations to Isaac. Don't know who the first QB to accomplish the feat was.

GO TROJANS!!!

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Anyone have stats from last night? Curious what fairlands running back had in yardage.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

trojandave wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:40 pm Isaac Kelly last night became only the 2nd QB in PHS history with 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards passing. Congratulations to Isaac. Don't know who the first QB to accomplish the feat was. GO TROJANS!!!
Trojandave, I will guess either Norm Burrows or Chris Gentry as the QB.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Beergoggleblues wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:21 pm Anyone have stats from last night? Curious what fairlands running back had in yardage.
This is all that I could find.
Cunningham had touchdown runs of 26, 65, 3, 9 and 52 yards.

Post by abelsdaddio »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:51 am
Beergoggleblues wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:21 pm Anyone have stats from last night? Curious what fairlands running back had in yardage.
This is all that I could find.
Cunningham had touchdown runs of 26, 65, 3, 9 and 52 yards.

25 carries 353 yards 5td

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Wow. I kne it was alot

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth(34) @ (62)Fairland

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth(34) @ (62)Fairland

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Archie1
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth(34) @ (62)Fairland

Post by Archie1 »

Phoenix31 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:01 pm [quote=trojandave post_id=<a href="tel:1597067">1597067</a> time=<a href="tel:1507999254">1507999254</a> user_id=330]
Isaac Kelly last night became only the 2nd QB in PHS history with 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards passing. Congratulations to Isaac. Don't know who the first QB to accomplish the feat was. GO TROJANS!!!
Trojandave, I will guess either Norm Burrows or Chris Gentry as the QB.
[/quote] nope. Josh Myers his junior year

Return to “Football”