Ironton(20) @ (38)Gallia Academy

Tank14
Waterboy

Re: Ironton(20) @ (38)Gallia Academy

Post by Tank14 »

I think he's talking about tyler Kratzenburg, jr high coach at rock hill. He quarterbacked the tigers around 2011-12.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

BubbleGumTiger wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:33 pm
baseball16 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:42 pm Eventually you run out of "pieces", glue, tape, bubblegum to put the "pieces back together. That is the Problem. IMO.
If I replace a leg of a chair, I betcha I am not going to sit in that chair, I will ask my wife to test it out!! LOL

The problem I see as an outsider, is a community that cannot accept that their team is not living out the 70's, 80's, or 90's. Tough to accept, but probably should!!

Us ol timers dont have a problem accepting it.....this is not our first rodeo on this wagon as we remember the 50s before you had the preps and all you experts telling us what we should do or not do........no it is not tough to accept if you know anything about Ironton and the posters on here trying to act like they know football dont have a clue either.........the community you refer to is much more of a minority rather the majority of Tiger fans........
I guess I go back to Shorty Davies who most posters on here weren't even born yet. The worst I remember at Ironton was in 1964 when Coach Patton didn't win a game and he followed it up with two seasons of only 1 win each in 1965 and 1966. I don't think Ironton has sunk that low yet. All schools have their time in the barrel so to speak. There comes a time when we all have those streaks of winning and losing. It's easy when we are on the up side but when we get to the down side it isn't so good. That is when all the so called experts come out with their hire this guy and hire that guy. Or they say do this or do that. I know back in the 60"s it was very difficult to go watch Ironton play. Then slowly but surely it all started to turn around. Was it Bob Lutz, maybe, could have started with a guy by the name of Brunney. It may take awhile but Ironton will have their day again. Maybe not for the duration of a Lutz era but they will have good seasons ahead. Hang in there it will happen.

Itiger94
Waterboy

Post by Itiger94 »

Tank14 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:36 am I think he's talking about tyler Kratzenburg, jr high coach at rock hill. He quarterbacked the tigers around 2011-12.
Ok. I hear the kids love him out there.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Exactly what else is needed to be seen here to know a change is required.

Ironton should look at what Penrod did at Gallia in one year to know what has to be done.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am Exactly what else is needed to be seen here to know a change is required.

Ironton should look at what Penrod did at Gallia in one year to know what has to be done.
I heard they were going to give Vass another year. I am done if they do no more games for me.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Itiger94 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 am
Tank14 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:36 am I think he's talking about tyler Kratzenburg, jr high coach at rock hill. He quarterbacked the tigers around 2011-12.
Ok. I hear the kids love him out there.
Yes I was. Sorry for not making that clear Tiger

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Would never happen

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Honestly why? Not saying he won't make a great coach and he does fine at the level he is at, but what makes you believe he can run an entire high school program? What is he? 23? Not that young guys aren't capable and can't know the game, but coaching it at the varsity level and running an entire program is a different animal. Can't you just be patient? Goodness it's not like they haven't won some games. You could still end up .500 for goodness sake. You guys are spoiled. You ran freakin Merill Triplett off because he only won 6 games. If he couldn't cut it, I'm sorry but you'll want Kratzenberg's head halfway through his first season. If he is smart, he will stay at Rock Hill and keep moving up the latter.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:37 am
Honestly why? Not saying he won't make a great coach and he does fine at the level he is at, but what makes you believe he can run an entire high school program? What is he? 23? Not that young guys aren't capable and can't know the game, but coaching it at the varsity level and running an entire program is a different animal. Can't you just be patient? Goodness it's not like they haven't won some games. You could still end up .500 for goodness sake. You guys are spoiled. You ran freakin Merill Triplett off because he only won 6 games. If he couldn't cut it, I'm sorry but you'll want Kratzenberg's head halfway through his first season. If he is smart, he will stay at Rock Hill and keep moving up the latter.
By the way Triplett was not coaching a team in the OVC. Once again if you have not realized it yet is all about the Burchams and their control over the school system. These are the same people that did everything in their power to make Triplett a looser. Now who is the loosers the kids. This staff must go no one in Ironton wants them to stay.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

coach knows wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:16 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:37 am
By the way Triplett was not coaching a team in the OVC. Once again if you have not realized it yet is all about the Burchams and their control over the school system. These are the same people that did everything in their power to make Triplett a looser. Now who is the loosers the kids. This staff must go no one in Ironton wants them to stay.
I just don't see how a 23 year old kid with no major high school coaching experience is going to be the answer.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Someone the kids can look up to and relate to. If he brought in a veteran staff it would be a good hire

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

He might be ok but I believe they need a veteran coach to get the change in place and then add Tyler to learn and some day take over.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Triplett is absolutely the one for the job. Now whether he would want to come back after the way he was treated is a horse of a different color. He's been successful, knows the game, has a great weight program and is a motivator and a disciplinarian. Make the offer Ironton or quit crying around about what you have and what is going on. He's retired so he doesn't need a teaching job. Pay him well and get your program back on track. He will find a complimenting staff..

knightruner
JV Team

Re: WEEK 9 --(4-4) IRONTON @ (3-5) GALLIPOLIS. OVC ACTION.

Post by knightruner »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 am
knightruner wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:38 am When your having that many injuries you have a real problem and it's call a lack of hard work in the weight room. These kids seem to be soft to me. Work hard in the weight room and you will be hard and can take a hit. Go to the weight room and lift for five minutes and call it a workout and you see what you get. Coach's can't make the kids work out in the off season and that's where Ironton is getting beat right now. I seen more hard hitting tonight in the CG and FD game than I have in the last three season in SEO. They went at it tonight and I am glad I travel 150 miles to watch it. I was going to go watch Anna and CH2O play but Anna wasn't going to play their starting QB and without him it's not the same team. One other thing remember this when you start playing the same teams every year and not just once in a while, they learn a little bit each time they play you and before you know it they got you figure out. I will make you a bet that Ironton won't have more than two or three kids on the football team run track. It's call spring training up north.
I drove up to coldwater tonigh. Anna started their qb. It was a really good game.
I was told he was not going to play but if he did they took one hell of a chance of getting him hurt for nothing because they already had a home playoff game coming. It does explain why it was a good game.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WEEK 9 --(4-4) IRONTON @ (3-5) GALLIPOLIS. OVC ACTION.

Post by BurgGrad6 »

knightruner wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:30 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 am
knightruner wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:38 am When your having that many injuries you have a real problem and it's call a lack of hard work in the weight room. These kids seem to be soft to me. Work hard in the weight room and you will be hard and can take a hit. Go to the weight room and lift for five minutes and call it a workout and you see what you get. Coach's can't make the kids work out in the off season and that's where Ironton is getting beat right now. I seen more hard hitting tonight in the CG and FD game than I have in the last three season in SEO. They went at it tonight and I am glad I travel 150 miles to watch it. I was going to go watch Anna and CH2O play but Anna wasn't going to play their starting QB and without him it's not the same team. One other thing remember this when you start playing the same teams every year and not just once in a while, they learn a little bit each time they play you and before you know it they got you figure out. I will make you a bet that Ironton won't have more than two or three kids on the football team run track. It's call spring training up north.
I drove up to coldwater tonigh. Anna started their qb. It was a really good game.
I was told he was not going to play but if he did they took one hell of a chance of getting him hurt for nothing because they already had a home playoff game coming. It does explain why it was a good game.
Yeah. He couldn't move in the pocket. If cw pressure him he would just bottle up and take it.. Anna was a good team until half way through the 2nd quarter when they got gasses and it was over. They came out in the 2nd half with their hands still on their knees. Anna has zero depth and cw exploited that.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am Exactly what else is needed to be seen here to know a change is required.

If Penrod would leave Gallia it would be for the Logan Job which might open up very soon! :mrgreen:

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

moonshine wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am

If Penrod would leave Gallia it would be for the Logan Job which might open up very soon! :mrgreen:
Nope, I have never met the man but from all accounts he likes GA and they are a D4 school in a solid league in a very winnable Region 15 once he completely gets things turned around. I doubt he leaves that arrangement anytime soon.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:17 am

Nope, I have never met the man but from all accounts he likes GA and they are a D4 school in a solid league in a very winnable Region 15 once he completely gets things turned around. I doubt he leaves that arrangement anytime soon.
The only item in Logan's favor is that he is from Logan and played for a very successful coach at Logan! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

They say his family is very happy in Gallipolis.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Please don't start.

Return to “Football”