Ironton(20) @ (38)Gallia Academy

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: WEEK 9 --(4-4) IRONTON @ (3-5) GALLIPOLIS. OVC ACTION.

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Portsmouth will beat Ironton also.

BTWN_THE_LINE
ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

Anybody got a score? I figure Ironton is down because the Ironton Fighting Tigers Facebook page isn't making updates like they do when they are winning.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

read where it was 38/20 Gallia......Congrats to Coach Penrod

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

ironton in the shotgun

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Ironton started the game down 6 starters, lost two more in the game.
one young man was taking too the hospital, we need to prayer for him.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Is scorpion playing winds of change?

Steve Rogers
Waterboy

Post by Steve Rogers »

Injuries are tough and I really hope for a full and speedy recovery for all those sidelined. Being said, these kids deserve so much better from a coaching staff; coaches should’ve been forced to walk home from Gallipolis. This staff, top to bottom, must go and, if you haven’t noticed, the fans have given up and kids won’t play with these coachss in 2018.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Honestly, the X's and O's of Ironton are good. I thought the coaches called a good game on both sides of the ball if the execution would have been there. The injuries in such large numbers seems like conditioning and syremgty could be an issue (much like the problems the Devils have faced the previous 3 years).
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

a different game if ironton lines up and pounds #24 with about 25 carries and control the clock. the penalty was a headscratcher on the late hit on blue and blue got the ball.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

91blue14 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 pm a different game if ironton lines up and pounds #24 with about 25 carries and control the clock. the penalty was a headscratcher on the late hit on blue and blue got the ball.
Yes but couldn't you say the same about GA lining up Campbell? Every team has injuries.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

24 was on the field in the slot. should have pounded him and rode the horse

Transparent
Waterboy

Post by Transparent »

Injuries are tough...Smh so sad...
Last edited by Transparent on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

When your having that many injuries you have a real problem and it's call a lack of hard work in the weight room. These kids seem to be soft to me. Work hard in the weight room and you will be hard and can take a hit. Go to the weight room and lift for five minutes and call it a workout and you see what you get. Coach's can't make the kids work out in the off season and that's where Ironton is getting beat right now. I seen more hard hitting tonight in the CG and FD game than I have in the last three season in SEO. They went at it tonight and I am glad I travel 150 miles to watch it. I was going to go watch Anna and CH2O play but Anna wasn't going to play their starting QB and without him it's not the same team. One other thing remember this when you start playing the same teams every year and not just once in a while, they learn a little bit each time they play you and before you know it they got you figure out. I will make you a bet that Ironton won't have more than two or three kids on the football team run track. It's call spring training up north.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good win for the Blue Devels

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

knightruner wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:38 am When your having that many injuries you have a real problem and it's call a lack of hard work in the weight room. These kids seem to be soft to me. Work hard in the weight room and you will be hard and can take a hit. Go to the weight room and lift for five minutes and call it a workout and you see what you get. Coach's can't make the kids work out in the off season and that's where Ironton is getting beat right now. I seen more hard hitting tonight in the CG and FD game than I have in the last three season in SEO. They went at it tonight and I am glad I travel 150 miles to watch it. I was going to go watch Anna and CH2O play but Anna wasn't going to play their starting QB and without him it's not the same team. One other thing remember this when you start playing the same teams every year and not just once in a while, they learn a little bit each time they play you and before you know it they got you figure out. I will make you a bet that Ironton won't have more than two or three kids on the football team run track. It's call spring training up north.
I drove up to coldwater tonigh. Anna started their qb. It was a really good game.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Id really lay off the kids,not the time or the place...that being said. Its Ironton week Trojans...lets get em !

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 pm
Buddy Garrity wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:52 am As far as coaching here in Ironton, It is time...IT IS TIME FOR THE CHANGE!

Absolutely true! I do not care what criticism that brings or the statement I make below makes, but it’s the truth.
The interest in FB success at IHS is gasping for air.

The basketballs are pumped full of air, daily /year round, so there’s a HUGE ISSUE THERE!!

IHS is without 6 if it’s strongest players due to injuries, due to the sparse back ups to take wear and tear off of these two way, “special” teams players. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it’s the norm and players are ready for it.

I think with the injuries IHS has, the lack of interest weighs heavy here a dwindling “past to present” lack of interest, leaves this team bare and vulnerable, but those out there still are to be commended & praised!
With more interest, the Fighting Tigers would be bringing ‘Fighting’ to the next levels!

As this game starts and IHS is rolling down the field @ Gallia’s 30-ish yard line, yet another fighting tiger . Ethan Duncan, is face down on memorial field, injured within 2 minutes of kickoff.

This is so unfortunate and when this happens to anyteam, with dwindling interest in a sport, it’s complete devastation & very dangerous.

Seth Fosson, injured in the game last week at this time frame, has a deep injury @ L2-L3 in his spine. This will be a struggle for years & affect him deeply. I pray he has a smooth procedure and healing!

The interest in FB @ IHS will come back. As I look around the OVC, and see first time coaches making their mark. Bringing back enthusiasm at their elementary levels and up.

I think it’s time for a new one. The current coach needs to gracefully exit and those hard working and smart assistants will hopefully keep pushing with a new coach to prepare for a new era at IHS. If current coach remains... -heavy sigh-! They’ve all tried their best, but recruitment of “in school players “ & retention of players has not been a success. That’s why we have the results we have right now...
It’s time!

Good luck and health to IHS and GAHS players tonight!!!

Go Tigers go!!!

Here’s to the future, which is always BRIGHT!!!

Ethan Duncan #40 was knocked out cold face down for several minutes. He was not moving any of his extremities. Finally rolled him over on his back and he was able to walk off the field. That was a HUGE loss defensively!

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

How can some of you people blame injuries on a coaching staff? The boy that was knocked out, how is that prevented? Does the coach make him slam his face and head into a wall numerous times to condition him from concussions and knocked out? LOL Come on people. It's football, if you play you will eventually get hurt. Some injuries are just worse then others. Maybe Ironton does not have the athletes they have had in the past and that is why they are losing. But people are in denial and just can't accept this!! Wow!!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:07 am How can some of you people blame injuries on a coaching staff? The boy that was knocked out, how is that prevented? Does the coach make him slam his face and head into a wall numerous times to condition him from concussions and knocked out? LOL Come on people. It's football, if you play you will eventually get hurt. Some injuries are just worse then others. Maybe Ironton does not have the athletes they have had in the past and that is why they are losing. But people are in denial and just can't accept this!! Wow!!
I agree with this to a certain extent. There are some injuries all the coaching in the world are not going to prevent. On the other hand there are injuries that coaching can prevent. Proper tackling and blocking techniques that are taught can prevent a lot of injuries. Arm tackling is one that comes to mind. This results in a lot of injuries. Do your coaches know how to teach these techniques. Are they there just to fill a spot. Do you practice these techniques like you should. Granted I am not a coach but these things to me are just common sense. Hopefully all coaches are qualified to do the job they are hired to do. Just my humble opinion.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

first off prayers to those injured, and I hope they make full and complete recoveries

and secondly. WOW,IT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF TO SAY. THE FIGHTING TIGER FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS DECAYING AWAY TO NOTHING.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”