Ironton(20) @ (38)Gallia Academy

laser breath
Varsity

Re: WEEK 9 --(4-4) IRONTON @ (3-5) GALLIPOLIS. OVC ACTION.

Post by laser breath »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:07 am How can some of you people blame injuries on a coaching staff? The boy that was knocked out, how is that prevented? Does the coach make him slam his face and head into a wall numerous times to condition him from concussions and knocked out? LOL Come on people. It's football, if you play you will eventually get hurt. Some injuries are just worse then others. Maybe Ironton does not have the athletes they have had in the past and that is why they are losing. But people are in denial and just can't accept this!! Wow!!
Ok, but what about the fairland and Ashland games? Were there injuries in that game?

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

So when the GREAT Bob lutz was coaching, are you saying his team never had injuries? Go to any HS football game this time and year and look at the sidelines. Each team has boys that are not playing because of injuries! There are a lot of great coaches in SE Ohio that has boys on crutches. It's part of the game. It happens. Too blame coaches for injuries is idiotic!! Some people are just too much.

The GREAT Bob Lutz had horses, and if you don't have the horses you will not win the race! Plus the game and practices have changed. The state limits the amount of time teams can hit. Some teams no longer do 2 a days! It all adds up.
How about quit being in denial and admit Ironton is not as good as they once were. The sooner you do that the better it will be and then maybe you can be a part of the solution to help resolve the problems!!

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

Isn't Gallia Academy still missing their best player (Campbell) and 4 other starters?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Not a very well officiated game at all. I don't know the rule on that late hit, they said "dead ball" which I am confused about. But I do know what offensive holding looks like and the refs missed at least 2 calls on Ironton right out in the open in front of them. Glad the officiating did not affect the outcome.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

With just 6 or 7 Srs on this years team ! Returning most everyone ! The playoffs not out of the question next season !

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Congratulations to the Blue Devils. They wanted the win and the worked hard for it. Best of luck on your continued success

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:24 am So when the GREAT Bob lutz was coaching, are you saying his team never had injuries? Go to any HS football game this time and year and look at the sidelines. Each team has boys that are not playing because of injuries! There are a lot of great coaches in SE Ohio that has boys on crutches. It's part of the game. It happens. Too blame coaches for injuries is idiotic!! Some people are just too much.

The GREAT Bob Lutz had horses, and if you don't have the horses you will not win the race! Plus the game and practices have changed. The state limits the amount of time teams can hit. Some teams no longer do 2 a days! It all adds up.
How about quit being in denial and admit Ironton is not as good as they once were. The sooner you do that the better it will be and then maybe you can be a part of the solution to help resolve the problems!!
I agree coaches don't cause injuries. But this staff is clueless on how to run a program.

By the way when did you ever think that Ironton would be at the bottom of the OVC!

Buddy Garrity
Waterboy

Post by Buddy Garrity »

The biggest difference is numbers. Period. Used to be Ironton dressed 60 kids -10th grade thru 12th grade only- now we start with 50 kids that includes all freshmen. There have always been injured players, but, in the past we had the kids to plug in when it happened. So with a few injuries you drop quickly to thirties of actual football players, because let's face the facts....out of the beginning 50 you have several who have zero business even playing in all reality.

Bottom line....we have become "just another county team"

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Ironton(20) @ (38)Gallia Academy

Post by mattash »

Ironton(20) @ (38)Gallia Academy

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Game day wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:33 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 pm
Buddy Garrity wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:52 am As far as coaching here in Ironton, It is time...IT IS TIME FOR THE CHANGE!
Absolutely true! I do not care what criticism that brings or the statement I make below makes, but it’s the truth.
The interest in FB success at IHS is gasping for air.

The basketballs are pumped full of air, daily /year round, so there’s a HUGE ISSUE THERE!!

IHS is without 6 if it’s strongest players due to injuries, due to the sparse back ups to take wear and tear off of these two way, “special” teams players. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it’s the norm and players are ready for it.

I think with the injuries IHS has, the lack of interest weighs heavy here a dwindling “past to present” lack of interest, leaves this team bare and vulnerable, but those out there still are to be commended & praised!
With more interest, the Fighting Tigers would be bringing ‘Fighting’ to the next levels!

As this game starts and IHS is rolling down the field @ Gallia’s 30-ish yard line, yet another fighting tiger . Ethan Duncan, is face down on memorial field, injured within 2 minutes of kickoff.

This is so unfortunate and when this happens to anyteam, with dwindling interest in a sport, it’s complete devastation & very dangerous.

Seth Fosson, injured in the game last week at this time frame, has a deep injury @ L2-L3 in his spine. This will be a struggle for years & affect him deeply. I pray he has a smooth procedure and healing!

The interest in FB @ IHS will come back. As I look around the OVC, and see first time coaches making their mark. Bringing back enthusiasm at their elementary levels and up.

I think it’s time for a new one. The current coach needs to gracefully exit and those hard working and smart assistants will hopefully keep pushing with a new coach to prepare for a new era at IHS. If current coach remains... -heavy sigh-! They’ve all tried their best, but recruitment of “in school players “ & retention of players has not been a success. That’s why we have the results we have right now...
It’s time!

Good luck and health to IHS and GAHS players tonight!!!

Go Tigers go!!!

Here’s to the future, which is always BRIGHT!!!
First off get rid of all of them they are not very good.

May those injured and their families in need I humbly pray, be blessed with all that will help propel them up and “out” of these very dangerous situations they find themselves in....

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State
Report this post Quote
Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Here comes the daddys and fans. Good bye coach
———————————————————————————————————

‘Tjhtygeverve continues:

May also those of us, including myself, that cannot see outside of our ego based world, the very little of that world that comprises it, have our eyes opened, if one at a time, so that the picture becomes more vivid, quicker, & with a promptness to reach for a higher an inner change.

The success that what we enjoy in SEO football is the direct result of ALL involved. Those at the top are there because we are a community that supports these actions to propel ALL to succeed.,

Open your eyes, heart, and brain. We must push ourselves to rise up and above our current comfort zones to help all excel, so that all are in top form. There’s room for all of the players that want to compete, train, stay healthy, and simply enjoy the benefits of what those actions bring to be at the top of their gamecwith the correct support and leadership!

Good luck to all next week!! Health, happiness, hardwork, & it’ll all continue to spread to each school if their supporters are truly inspired enough...

Eventually to All people in EVERY community!

May All GOOD things happen for years to come to all of us from that river valley!!!

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:24 am So when the GREAT Bob lutz was coaching, are you saying his team never had injuries? Go to any HS football game this time and year and look at the sidelines. Each team has boys that are not playing because of injuries! There are a lot of great coaches in SE Ohio that has boys on crutches. It's part of the game. It happens. Too blame coaches for injuries is idiotic!! Some people are just too much.

They aren't as good as they used to be. One reason is numbers, but that's because a lot of good athletes aren't playing football.

What is missing is the culture the program once had. If you went to Ironton, you played football. You wanted to be a part of that culture. When you were on the team, you busted your ass during the spring and the summer to be ready for the next season. You had your own weight bench at home.

That all comes with a great leader at the helm. Right now, Ironton is missing that badly.

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

Bottom line....we have become "just another county team" LOL got spoiled being the ALL County Team, Conditioning is a big part of injury prevention, but after all being a contact sport you cant prevent all injury's and perhaps with all the negativity from fans some players try to over perform, make that extra inch, try for the harder hit try to give the fans what they are looking for. In my opinion all the negative comments on coaching and team have done nothing to help Ironton's program but sure has put a lot of pressure on it

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Last night was first time gallia Academy has beaten ironton at memorial field since 1984. lifting and conditioning has a lot to do with injury prevention. Know not all injuries but a lot of the nagging injuries players get can be reduced by proper lifting The blue devils had a ton of shoulder and leg injuries when it had the wrong people leading the weight room. The kids were getting plenty strong. They just weren't doing all the right lifts and doing them properly.

I thought Ironton's x's and O's were ok last night. The execution was just bad. I wish ironton the best of luck. Southern Ohio football is better with a good Ironton team.

Steve Rogers
Waterboy

Post by Steve Rogers »

bighead wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:05 am With just 6 or 7 Srs on this years team ! Returning most everyone ! The playoffs not out of the question next season !

“What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.”

- Jim Mora, 2001

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Ethan Duncan #40 was knocked out cold face down for several minutes. He was not moving any of his extremities. Finally rolled him over on his back and he was able to walk off the field. That was a HUGE loss defensively!
[/quote]

Losing this teams best linebacker and arguably best defender in Duncan on the opening drive was a huge loss for the already depleted Tigers.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Best linebacker? Ironton has a D1 linebacker lol (sarcasm) ask IBTT

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

12gauge wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:37 pm Best linebacker? Ironton has a D1 linebacker lol (sarcasm) ask IBTT
Yes #40. He is by far the best linebacker from what I've watched. He makes or is in on every tackle. You hear Ethan Duncan's name all night long on the loud speakers! It was a major loss last night with him being injured.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Kleao wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:34 pm
12gauge wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:37 pm Best linebacker? Ironton has a D1 linebacker lol (sarcasm) ask IBTT
Yes #40. He is by far the best linebacker from what I've watched. He makes or is in on every tackle. You hear Ethan Duncan's name all night long on the loud speakers! It was a major loss last night with him being injured.
And here is another piece of the puzzle of Ironton’s woes. #40 is a great player and plays hard but injuries are unfortunately a part of the game. Coaches should have plans in place; that when a player goes down, there should be minimal let down. If #40 is that heavily relied on, and there’s no back up plan, there is a problem.

Look at it this way, a leg snaps on a sturdy chair. If you need that chair to be solid, you replace the broken piece. But if you don’t have that piece, you mend it with whatever you can in order for it to work. Same goes with an injured player. It may not be the original piece but it’s got to be good enough for it to work. Good teams find pieces that will work.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

First and foremost congrats to Gallia Academy Blue Devils, on the 18-point win.

I will confess I did not read the thread, well not all of it
How bad does this loss hurt the chances of the coaching staff chances of coming back next season?
One may twist it any way they want, but this Ironton teams seems to have hit rock bottom or close to it.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Eventually you run out of "pieces", glue, tape, bubblegum to put the "pieces back together. That is the Problem. IMO.
If I replace a leg of a chair, I betcha I am not going to sit in that chair, I will ask my wife to test it out!! LOL

The problem I see as an outsider, is a community that cannot accept that their team is not living out the 70's, 80's, or 90's. Tough to accept, but probably should!!

Return to “Football”