Vinton County(24) @ (27)Nelsonville-York

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK9 Vinton County at Nelsonville-York

Post by Orange and Brown »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:53 am Great High School football game.
It was a good ole good one for sure!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

VC played a good game. Yates is the best player NY has seen all year. He would be the best running back in the league if he didn't play QB. They had way too many bad snaps and NY played a little flat. Especially in the first half. I believe this game being close is a bad sign for the Bullpuos next week.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Vinton County(24) @ (27)Nelsonville-York

Post by mattash »

Vinton County(24) @ (27)Nelsonville-York

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

No doubt it was a great game.. VC IS the best 4-5 team arohnd, only a few miscues are the differences.. great game to both teams..

Watson40
Waterboy

Post by Watson40 »

turd ferguson wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:01 pm There ya go ya crybaby! But from now on DILLIGAF
I am kind of proud of my self for figuring out what DILLIGAF means. Maybe I should join the FBI crypto unit!

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

Now that's funny right There!

RespectAllFearNone
Freshman Team

Post by RespectAllFearNone »

This was a very exciting ball game, NY looking solid heading into the playoffs.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Not that anyone asked, but here is my opinion on Friday's game. We won every aspect of the game except for the score on the scoreboard and at the end of the night, that is all that matters.

I have been telling everyone all week, that I had a feeling. We are a very good football team, but we haven't been able to put all four quarters together, or just had some bad luck, and had bad calls seemed always to go against us. As I stated earlier, proverbial snake bites. And this could be one, bad snaps, a bad interception in the red zone, not capitalizing on the muffed kick-off return, leaving too much time on the clock, that is difference in having a cultural of winning and not.

For example, do our basketball players kick the ball around, dribble it off our foot, throw it out-of-bounds, miss open shots, no; because we know how to win. We expect to win. That has to transfer to the football field, but it takes time. Coach Downs and his staff are doing a great job of building that, but it takes time and a win on Friday night, would have been exponentially significant for our program.

Thank you to Colt Yinger and Coach Richards for the kind words on Power 105.5 after the game. Good luck to the Buckeyes next week and beyond.

It is time to move on...it is Wellston week.

Return to “Football”