Vinton County(24) @ (27)Nelsonville-York

SeaBass
Waterboy

Re: WK9 Vinton County at Nelsonville-York

Post by SeaBass »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:45 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:06 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:01 am Too bad there isn't a running clock in basketball.
What is this basketball you speak of? There is football season, then there is wrestling season, then there is track season, then it is summer. Then you repeat. :)
Basketball, is a highly skilled athletic accuracy game played at an extremely fast pace. You probably wouldn't recognize it.

Vinton County will show up, they will play hard, and hopefully score a lot. Naylan Yates certainly can sling it around and he can run. He has plenty of weapons to consider. It will be Vinton County's ability to control the line of scrimmage that will determine their success in this game. Nelsonville is very talented, but young, can our size and experience win the day? We will see soon enough.

You will see a highly skilled athletic accuracy game played at an extremely fast pace come Friday at Boston Field. And no, you probably wouldn't recognize it. :lol:

Kick his ASS, SeaBass!
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:19 pm VC had high expectations coming into the 2017 season. It looked like the Vikings would turn the corner.
What happened that has caused the Vikings to not be as successful as a lot of people thought they would?
It was the proverbial snake bite...

Week #1 - Six turnovers. Also, we figured out later, that they knew our line calls and when we passed they drop back into zone and their athletes made plays.
Week #2 - Won, in a monsoon. Yates ran for nearly 300 yards and threw for almost 150 yards.
Week #3 - After Yates' performance the week prior they did a nice job of keeping him in the pocket and spying him, a la, what Iowa State did to Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma. However, we had six beautiful balls from Yates dropped, three that would have went for touchdowns.
Week #4 - Too many penalties. Every time we had a big play, there was a flag, (imagine that). Our stat guy said we lost 168 yards gain to penalties.
Week #5 - They out-schemed us and made plays. We didn't.
Week #6 - Won
Week #7 - Won
Week #8 - Won

In my opinion only, no one else's, it is cultural. We have to build a cultural of winning so we can handle the snake bites and the adversities. I think sometimes we hope to win, where teams like Nelsonville expect to win.

However, I have a feeling. I am seeing 1983 all over again. This game could make our season. I have a feeling.
SeaBass wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:06 pm

What is this basketball you speak of? There is football season, then there is wrestling season, then there is track season, then it is summer. Then you repeat. :)
Basketball, is a highly skilled athletic accuracy game played at an extremely fast pace. You probably wouldn't recognize it.

Vinton County will show up, they will play hard, and hopefully score a lot. Naylan Yates certainly can sling it around and he can run. He has plenty of weapons to consider. It will be Vinton County's ability to control the line of scrimmage that will determine their success in this game. Nelsonville is very talented, but young, can our size and experience win the day? We will see soon enough.

You will see a highly skilled athletic accuracy game played at an extremely fast pace come Friday at Boston Field. And no, you probably wouldn't recognize it. :lol:
Get your own material funny man.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:40 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:19 pm VC had high expectations coming into the 2017 season. It looked like the Vikings would turn the corner.
What happened that has caused the Vikings to not be as successful as a lot of people thought they would?
It was the proverbial snake bite...

Week #1 - Six turnovers. Also, we figured out later, that they knew our line calls and when we passed they drop back into zone and their athletes made plays.
Week #2 - Won, in a monsoon. Yates ran for nearly 300 yards and threw for almost 150 yards.
Week #3 - After Yates' performance the week prior they did a nice job of keeping him in the pocket and spying him, a la, what Iowa State did to Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma. However, we had six beautiful balls from Yates dropped, three that would have went for touchdowns.
Week #4 - Too many penalties. Every time we had a big play, there was a flag, (imagine that). Our stat guy said we lost 168 yards gain to penalties.
Week #5 - They out-schemed us and made plays. We didn't.
Week #6 - Won
Week #7 - Won
Week #8 - Won

In my opinion only, no one else's, it is cultural. We have to build a cultural of winning so we can handle the snake bites and the adversities. I think sometimes we hope to win, where teams like Nelsonville expect to win.

However, I have a feeling. I am seeing 1983 all over again. This game could make our season. I have a feeling.
SeaBass wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Get your own material funny man.
You guys have some good kids coming up, hopefully they will translate to the Varsity.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Mr.Bobcat wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:22 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:39 pm Viking fans are awful quiet.......
What do you want us to say? I mean, we really don't overly brag, we don't put out weekly hype videos, and we don't post all-time records. We usually just go about our business and at the end of the day, if you have the better team, we will congratulate you and move on, and then hang a hundred on you during basketball season. :shock: Did I just say that? Sorry.
Do not worry we have people who are true fans and love their winning team. Funny we change the topic to basketball on a football fourm. :lol:
Seems I can remember you "true fans" turning on your team a few years ago when NY had a 1 win season. How quickly we forget. LOL A bunch of hypocrites.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

hateraid wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:47 pm

What do you want us to say? I mean, we really don't overly brag, we don't put out weekly hype videos, and we don't post all-time records. We usually just go about our business and at the end of the day, if you have the better team, we will congratulate you and move on, and then hang a hundred on you during basketball season. :shock: Did I just say that? Sorry.
Do not worry we have people who are true fans and love their winning team. Funny we change the topic to basketball on a football fourm. :lol:
Seems I can remember you "true fans" turning on your team a few years ago when NY had a 1 win season. How quickly we forget. LOL A bunch of hypocrites.
First, no one "turned" on the boys.
I cheered louder and talked them up as much as I could. It was a tough time but we stuck with our kids.
I support our kids no matter what their season record is. I'll always show up loud and proud.

Keep on hating, I'll keep on supporting our kids!
GO BUCKS GO
LETS GO 9-0!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

VC is improved but they need a quality win for its resume. NY wins.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:54 pm
I cheered louder and talked them up as much as I could. It was a tough time but we stuck with our kids.
I support our kids no matter what their season record is. I'll always show up loud and proud.

GO BUCKS GO
LETS GO 9-0!
Somebody, and I believe a member of this site, was picking fights with the head coach in the locker room at halftime. :shock: May have not "turned" on the boys, but sure did turn on the program. And I believe the best thing Nelsonville did, was hire the right guy, or this program could have easily imploded. It took a Trimble guy to keep it together, who would have thunk it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm

GO BUCKS GO
LETS GO 9-0!
Somebody, and I believe a member of this site, was picking fights with the head coach in the locker room at halftime. :shock: May have not "turned" on the boys, but sure did turn on the program. And I believe the best thing Nelsonville did, was hire the right guy, or this program could have easily imploded. It took a Trimble guy to keep it together, who would have thunk it.
Not a member of this site.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:39 pm Viking fans are awful quiet.......
Basketball is a girls game, who cares about basketball?

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm

GO BUCKS GO
LETS GO 9-0!
A trimble guy, that is so funny. Pretty sure NY has dominated before him and it will after him. Hes a GREAT coach, but lets not forget it starts way before highschool.

If you ain't first, you're last!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ITS GAMEDAY BUCKEYES!
TIME TO DO WORK!

It's Senior night at Boston Field!
The Vikings will come ready to play so let's be ready Buckeyes!
The fans will be rockin and the Buckeyes will be Rollin!
WOOOOOOOOO!!!
GO BUCKS GO!
LETS GO 9-0!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go NY. More points for Athens

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hahaha. Ok, I change my mind. Go VC after that great rant :lol:

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

whompascat wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:02 pm
Basketball is a girls game, who cares about basketball?
Thats why they they wear helmets and shoulder pads on the court, do they not ? Let Lebron mow you down without those and see how it hurts.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

WOW, what a game!!! Props to VC for bringing it and letting it all hang out on the field.. Way to finish NY...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

VC lost against Athens too....and they could have been wins

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

P!$$ poor tackling doesnt win ballgames.vinton county game planned very well and besides a few bad snaps played very well except for one mistake.....giving the Buckeyes the ball with time left on the clock!!!!

V.C. CHOKED ON DEEEZ NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by turd ferguson on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

This guy^^^^^

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

What is wrong with it?

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench