Wheelersburg(38) @ (7)Valley

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Wk 8: Wheelersburg (8-0) @ Lucasville Valley (3-5)

Post by scott1297 »

Gotta remember Burg fans that even though Burg has looked very good for about 4 or 5 years now there are gonna be down years I hope not but in reality its probably gonna happen and these teams that we are putting running clocks on are gonna be able to play with us and be competitive I'm a Burg fan through and through and would love to see Burg win it all every year so against Valley this friday I hope for a good hard fought victory and no injuries and good sportsmanship on both sides and GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

Post by Melancholy Scallywag »

The Flash wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:29 pm
Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:53 pm
The Flash wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Gotta think about other sports teams. Scheduling will be tough and long distance travel for games that start at 5:30 would be a challenge. I don’t see it happening unless they go independent for football only
Yeah but we are so far ahead of all the other southeastern Ohio schools. I talked to a guy who met a fan at the Watterson game who said he was Woody Hayes’ niece’s son in law. He said after he married Woody’s whatever he started studying football. He thought that our kickoff team was good enough to defend returns from most teams in the SWAC. That’s a pretty good compliment from a pretty good football mind.
I agree and that is some high praise. If Burg comes anything short of a title this year I’m sure it’ll be talked about in the future. I think it would be cool to see but I don’t believe it will happen
We need to do something. I am afraid our coach is going to get real bored and trade the SOC for the SEC. We gotta keep him happy.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:53 pm
The Flash wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:29 pm
Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Yeah but we are so far ahead of all the other southeastern Ohio schools. I talked to a guy who met a fan at the Watterson game who said he was Woody Hayes’ niece’s son in law. He said after he married Woody’s whatever he started studying football. He thought that our kickoff team was good enough to defend returns from most teams in the SWAC. That’s a pretty good compliment from a pretty good football mind.
I agree and that is some high praise. If Burg comes anything short of a title this year I’m sure it’ll be talked about in the future. I think it would be cool to see but I don’t believe it will happen
We need to do something. I am afraid our coach is going to get real bored and trade the SOC for the SEC. We gotta keep him happy.
Man I hope your a professional comedian because if your not it would be such a waste. You are too funny 😂

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

This is week 9 not 8 :)

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Valley just hoping to make it to week 10 healthy

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

noles_fan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:59 pm Valley just hoping to make it to week 10 healthy
I think they will but our boys hit like a bunch of Scotch-Irish fiends. Sometimes I think we should just not play weeks 9 and 10 and not risk hurting other teams. The SOC title is not what it was. Get on to the state!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Stay on topic.
Talk about the game. Quit the childish stuff.
Next time I just remove the thread all together.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

Fairland by 14. Unless Coal Grove plays better offense defense and special teams.

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

college1 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:40 am Better watch out Valley's going air raid
Not a chance. Burg’s second string secondary could walk on and play on most NCAA Division III teams. We have a couple of first stringers that could see time in the SWAC.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 am Stay on topic.
Or maybe just remove the fake account?.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Wk 9: Wheelersburg (8-0) @ Lucasville Valley (3-5)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm Enough with all the childish bullshit. Let's get back on topic and that is the game
Chill out. Read your own post and refocus.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm Enough with all the childish bullshit. Let's get back on topic and that is the game
Thanks for bringing the man crush to an end. There are other sites like Match.com for those conversations. But another week of the season that you hope to survive injury free and move on. Biggest obstacle is trying to get out of the parking lot. But getting to leave in the 3rd quarter will help. Burg big....

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

This thread does not have much excitement so it’s time for the Scallywag to strike up the band...3, 2, 1

Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
Maraud and embezzle, and even highjack,
We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,
We burn up the city, we're really a fright,
We're rascals, scoundrels, villains, and knaves,
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
We're beggars and blighters, never-do-well cads,
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

I knew Mad Dogg was getting the words wrong :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Valley and coach Crabtree are a class act. I just saw where they took a knee on a PAT to avoid putting more points on the board. Hats off to you guys. That #22 is an athlete. What grade is he in? I think Valley is a year or two away from being right back in the middle of things. Good luck Friday night fellas. I hope everyone stays healthy.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:54 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 am Stay on topic.
Or maybe just remove the fake account?.
Yea agree^^^^ McDonalds is getting tired of him creeping, he is still there @ 3:15 this moring trying to come up with a rebutle.
Is this really a thread? Rolling on to wk 10...this one gets ugly fast.

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Tartan_9volt
Waterboy

Post by Tartan_9volt »

burg might have trouble, valley has been playing great ball. burg cant take them lightly. might be close

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tartan_9volt wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 am burg might have trouble, valley has been playing great ball. burg cant take them lightly. might be close
Ugh :? I’m wondering what people are watching when they watch burg. This will not be close at all. Nor will the west game. They are 8 games in and have not had to play a complete game yet and they’ve played a lot of winning record teams. For instance they throttled Oak Hill, who throttled EAST.

Tartan_9volt
Waterboy

Post by Tartan_9volt »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:43 am
Tartan_9volt wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 am burg might have trouble, valley has been playing great ball. burg cant take them lightly. might be close
Ugh :? I’m wondering what people are watching when they watch burg. This will not be close at all. Nor will the west game. They are 8 games in and have not had to play a complete game yet and they’ve played a lot of winning record teams. For instance they throttled Oak Hill, who throttled EAST.
SOC 1? The should be able to

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Tartan_9volt wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:03 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:43 am
SOC 1? The should be able to
They've done the same to the SOC 2 and that trend will continue over the last 2 games.

Return to “Football”