Wheelersburg(38) @ (7)Valley

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Wk 9: Wheelersburg (8-0) @ Lucasville Valley (3-5)

Post by Crab's Brother »

Really proud of the effort the Valley kids gave last night. Gave up a TD on (I believe) 4th down on the 1st drive and then a long punt return to get down 14-0, but rather than pack it in as a 3-5 team against the #2 team in the state, they responded with an 80 yard TD drive. They battled all night and played extremely hard until it was over. Forced a couple of FG attempts and picked Salyers off twice in the game. If Valley plays the same way Friday, they will finish 4-6.

As for Wheelersburg, man do they have athletes. Weapons galore. I was not overly impressed with their running game, but when you throw it the way they do, you don’t have to run it much. I know Reyes was out so I’m sure that may have played a role in that. After seeing both Wheelersburg and West in person, I do feel like the Pirates more than take care of business next week.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wk 9: Wheelersburg (8-0) @ Lucasville Valley (3-5)

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Great game by Valley last night. They played hard, hit a couple big plays for a score, and picked of Salyers twice. As for the Burg, that was a very lackluster performance from the #2 team in the state. No emotion whatsoever. I guess it's kind of hard to get pumped up about playing a 3-5 team you know you should beat handily when the biggest game of the regular season is looming next Friday, but that was just hard to watch.

Also, I love Valley stadium. Great place to watch a game, but It would have been nice to be able to hear the announcer as well though. Was the speaker that faced our side broken? And what's up with running out of popcorn with 5 minutes left in the first half and saying you won't be making anymore?? Very poor planning on that. Just because you only had 400 people on the home side, the 1000+ wanted popcorn on our side.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wheelersburg(38) @ (7)Valley

Post by mattash »

Wheelersburg(38) @ (7)Valley

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”