Wheelersburg(38) @ (7)Valley

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wheelersburg(38) @ (7)Valley

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Thoughts?

Cal Preps

Wheelersburg 56
Valley 0
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Wk 8: Wheelersburg (8-0) @ Lucasville Valley (3-5)

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

49-0 burg. Good news for the Indians, there is some good talent coming up. Just a matter of time before they are back to competing for the soc!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:45 pm 49-0 burg. Good news for the Indians, there is some good talent coming up. Just a matter of time before they are back to competing for the soc!
Agreed.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Here's to an injury free game by both teams.

Burg has SO many weapons that it is scary. I've been watching Burg football for over 40 years and this is by far the best Burg team I've ever seen. They are so deep on both sides of the ball with not a lot of two way players on the lines.

Burg 48-0

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 pm Here's to an injury free game by both teams.

Burg has SO many weapons that it is scary. I've been watching Burg football for over 40 years and this is by far the best Burg team I've ever seen. They are so deep on both sides of the ball with not a lot of two way players on the lines.

Burg 48-0
Couldn't agree more. I've got a couple friends who played on the 89 title team and they say this team is better than the 89 team

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Same song and dance.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Starters rest after the half. burg gets ready for west

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

This one will be in the books early, but the Indians will do what they have done every week...compete. As you all know, I've said it before and during the season, Valley has some help coming, and a lot of talented kids on the way, they'll be back in the thick of things soon.

Indians taking on a potential state champion, but they'll still compete.

Having said that, if Valley can get out of this game injury free, they have a real shot at a 4-6 season, and while normally that's not acceptable, in this case given the scenario, it is something for the kids to build on moving into next season.

Good Luck to the Pirates and GO INDIANS!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Valley gets them a late TD, Burg 49-7

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

coop wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:12 am This one will be in the books early, but the Indians will do what they have done every week...compete. As you all know, I've said it before and during the season, Valley has some help coming, and a lot of talented kids on the way, they'll be back in the thick of things soon.

Having said that, if Valley can get out of this game injury free, they have a real shot at a 4-6 season, and while normally that's not acceptable, in this case given the scenario, it is something for the kids to build on moving into next season.

That's the conversation? Maybe next year. Well like I say there's hope till the whistle blows. But there is also next year for Pirates. They seemed to have found a way to also be prepared for next year.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

This one probably won't make 2 or 3 pages. Burg rolls on easily in this game. Starters might see a quarter and a half.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

rxburgfan wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:46 am
coop wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:12 am This one will be in the books early, but the Indians will do what they have done every week...compete. As you all know, I've said it before and during the season, Valley has some help coming, and a lot of talented kids on the way, they'll be back in the thick of things soon.

That's the conversation? Maybe next year. Well like I say there's hope till the whistle blows. But there is also next year for Pirates. They seemed to have found a way to also be prepared for next year.
Congrats.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

I talked to some former players from last years team. I asked what makes them so successful. They all said their coaches do a great job in making sure they prepare the same for each team every week. They do not take any plays off in practice no matter who they play. I think this is why Burg never has close games with anyone. No matter who they play, they are going to do what they do. Of course they have really good talent, but their coaches have instilled the winning mindset in them. That is almost unbeatable.

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

Post by Melancholy Scallywag »

Why is this game even on the schedule? We need to seriously think about becoming a prep school.

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

rxburgfan wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:46 am

You said it! Our open enrollment program is great and so will we be next year too. #AintNoStoppingUsNow

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:09 pm Why is this game even on the schedule? We need to seriously think about becoming a prep school.
Gotta think about other sports teams. Scheduling will be tough and long distance travel for games that start at 5:30 would be a challenge. I don’t see it happening unless they go independent for football only

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

The Flash wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:09 pm Why is this game even on the schedule? We need to seriously think about becoming a prep school.
Gotta think about other sports teams. Scheduling will be tough and long distance travel for games that start at 5:30 would be a challenge. I don’t see it happening unless they go independent for football only
Yeah but we are so far ahead of all the other southeastern Ohio schools. I talked to a guy who met a fan at the Watterson game who said he was Woody Hayes’ niece’s son in law. He said after he married Woody’s whatever he started studying football. He thought that our kickoff team was good enough to defend returns from most teams in the SWAC. That’s a pretty good compliment from a pretty good football mind.

Melancholy Scallywag
Waterboy

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 pm Here's to an injury free game by both teams.

Burg 48-0
Couldn't agree more. I've got a couple friends who played on the 89 title team and they say this team is better than the 89 team
I would hope so, those guys from 89 are like 50 years old now.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Melancholy Scallywag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:53 pm
The Flash wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Yeah but we are so far ahead of all the other southeastern Ohio schools. I talked to a guy who met a fan at the Watterson game who said he was Woody Hayes’ niece’s son in law. He said after he married Woody’s whatever he started studying football. He thought that our kickoff team was good enough to defend returns from most teams in the SWAC. That’s a pretty good compliment from a pretty good football mind.
I agree and that is some high praise. If Burg comes anything short of a title this year I’m sure it’ll be talked about in the future. I think it would be cool to see but I don’t believe it will happen

Return to “Football”