Post by mattash »

Bigger crowd than Ironton?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Re: Fairland (5-3) @ Coal Grove (7-1)

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Should be an exciting environment and game. I look for the Coal Grove defense to be ready for the Fairland offense. Playing Portsmouth, Gallia and Ironton in a row should have us ready for whatever Fairland will bring. I say Fairland gets points early but Coal Grove will shut them down in the second half. Fairland will not be able to stop Coal Grove. Coal Grove will win 35-21. Go Big Grove!

rollside1
Waterboy

Post by rollside1 »

Haven't seen either team play much but would like to see fairland take the win. I'm gonna guess 27-14

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Post by Beergoggleblues »

I wish I could make this one. Fairland is fun to watch. Only losses coming from burg, west and Waverly. And coal grove defense is really good. Il

Buddy Garrity
Waterboy

Post by Buddy Garrity »

the Grove by 2 scores

joshwheeler
Waterboy

Post by joshwheeler »

Beergoggleblues wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:52 am I wish I could make this one. Fairland is fun to watch. Only losses coming from burg, west and Waverly. And coal grove defense is really good. Il
you can catch it live on facebook - www.facebook.com/coalgrovelive

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove - 6

Fairland - 0

3:29 left in 1st

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

6-6 9 minutes left in 2nd

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

19-6 Fairland
Halftime

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Grove controlling the 2nd half, they’re up 22-19 good game here

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove 29
Fairland 19

Final

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Coal grove beat Fairland and the refs in this one . Should have been a lot worse . Other than that one drive coal grove dominated this game!!!! On to Rh

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Waterboy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:40 am Coal grove beat Fairland and the refs in this one . Should have been a lot worse . Other than that one drive coal grove dominated this game!!!! On to Rh
Yeah it was pretty bad, at least the first half, it got into the kids heads and then they starting committing stupid penalties. Straightened it out in the locker room though,came out and rode a horse named Kimo right down the field to take back control of the game. Impressed with the turnaround by the Grover’s after half. They definitely earned this win. I can’t see RH giving them too much trouble if they play their game. They definitely may surprise some teams come playoff time depending on which grove team shows up!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

What game were you guys watching cause it sure as hell wasn't CG and FD not by your comments on here. Fairland got screw bad in this game. There was a lot of flags both ways yes. But Fairland got the really bad calls when they were moving the ball and the guy running the clock is a total ass. It was amaszing how the clock when out when you need to see the time during the most important time of the game.

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

How can u sit there and say stupid stuff, yes cg had more penalties but they cleaned the up the 2nd have and both the play clock and game clock wasn't working the only trouble they had was running your coasches off the fieldbof play 5 timesbin a row so don't blame us blame your coach's. Now I have to give fairland props itbtook 4-5 cgers just to tackle him he's a stud.....

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Lol just how many “ warnings “ are supposed to be handed out to the coach to get off the darn field?? I seen several from where I was. Funny how there were so many flags on the field the first half that it looked like confetti and Fairland went into halftime up 19-6. Yet when the invisible penalties didn’t occur in the 2nd Grove dominated the game. Obviously you see what you want I guess.. but if you think Fairland got screwed you obviously weren’t at the same game I was.

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

It was a pretty even game and your only allowed 1 side warning after that its a 5 ys penalty. But I will tell u this that Cunningham kidd is a stud!!!!! But I agree they was the worst officiating crew I've seen in awhile. But when the clocks go out its the refs job to keep it on the died until its fixed

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

This game lived up to the hype! I didn't feel like either team was ever out of the game. In my opinion Fairland was out coached. They have one heck of a team,and Cunningham might be the best back I've seen in high school football. Never seen a kid hit the hole at full speed like he does. Coal grove done a nice job stringing him out and not letting get north and south.
Now for the officiating... jeeze. I think they tried to do the best they could with a bunch of emotional, hyped up teenagers. The coach that stayed on the field for Fairland was not helping the situation at all. This game could have got out of hand pretty quick if they didn't toss as many flags as they did. I do think some were a little iffy, but also understand why they were thrown.
Lastly, the clock stopped working with 5:35 left in the game. As a CG alumni and faithful. This was upsetting and embarrassing. Nothing else can be said about it.

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

Not sure what was going on up in that press box, but you are definitely correct when you say it was an embarrassment to us Grover's! They need to make sure whoever is running the clock knows what they are doing cause they can not let that happen in our home playoff game!

Return to “Football”