Fairland(19) @ (29)Coal Grove

Matt77
Varsity

Fairland(19) @ (29)Coal Grove

Post by Matt77 »

For the game that ultimately will decide the OVC champion, Coal Grove is coming off a win the players and fans have wanted for a long time against Ironton, Fairland coming off a thumping of the Trojans from Portsmouth, I'm gonna take the grovers in this one just because it's at home.

Go Grove!
Last edited by Matt77 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt77
Varsity

Re: Fairland (5-3) @ Coal Grove (7-1)

Post by Matt77 »

Also, excited to see Coal Groves hit ya in the mouth defense against Fairlands offense. It's gonna be a good one in the grove.

Omaha09
Waterboy

Post by Omaha09 »

Can't wait for this one!!!!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Big game in the OVC. Who would have thought Fairland would be playing for a title this year? The Hornets have a lot on the line. OVC title and possible home playoff game. Should be a good one.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

What a season for Fairland. I’ll take the Hornets at home in what I believe will be a high scoring affair. 36-33

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

This one could be a shoot out

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Im taking coal grove. But this will be exciting

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Fairland 27
Coal Grove 24

I'm goin with fairland by 7

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

This should. E the game of the week! Two teams with different styles of play! Should be an awesome atmosphere in coal grove! Ovc championship on the line!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

This game should be on the radio for those that cannot make it.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I think Fairland will win this one but I'm hoping CG pulls out the W because I do not want to see Burg have to play Fairland again in week 11

Burg grad 85
dragonalum
Riding the Bench

Post by dragonalum »

I wish I could go to this game in person, but will definitely be following along on the radio.

Full respect for the Hornets and their program, but I think the Dragons add another 'W' in the column.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Gotta go with the Grove!!!! They didn’t go out and get that big ole hornet for nothing!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I never thought I'd see the day when I logged onto this topic and both fairland and coal grove had beaten ironton, but kudos to both. the dragons won on the last play. for their 1st victory over ironton, and coal grove just trucked us last week for their 1st victory over ironton. and both were decisive enough to send shock waves through the ironton community. this should be a dandy. but I gotta think grove handles the dragons and stings them into submission.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Fairland played a very physical team in Wheelersburg. That one was in the rain. Coal Grove is another very physical team and unless I miss my guess the result will be the same. The Hornets will control the ball, the clock and the score.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Bait you like to compare games. Well Ironton was in the Fairland game to the very end. In fact Fairland scored the winning touchdown with 3.6 seconds left in the game. And that TD was due to blown coverage in the secondary. Ironton was never in the Coal Grove game. The Hornets completely dominated the Tigers the whole game. I think the Hornets will be too physical for the Dragons.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I wasn't really saying anything about comparing games.i was comparing opponents more than anything. I said they won on the last play meaning fairland, you can't get any more close than that. and although I've not been able to make any, I have listened to them, and as you stated ironton was never in the coal grove game at all. I too think coal grove will be too physical to beat.and coal grove will finish with rock hill. and I think they are peaking at the right time, and they are gonna be a very hard out. but fairland is a very physical team as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well the consensus on this topic seems to favor fairland by ythe posters here. this should be an awesome game. and the turnaround of the fairland dragons this seson is remarkable.

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

For those of you who can't make the game, all of CG's games are streamed live on FB under the page "Coal Grove Live"

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Going with the Hornets in this one but looking forward to a good competitive game.

Return to “Football”