Fairland(19) @ (29)Coal Grove

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Re: Fairland(19) @ (29)Coal Grove

Post by bigdogtaz »

Was at the game actually no fan of either but figured it to be a good game, the game itself was, If we are going to be honest every scoring drive Dragons had was aided by penalties, in the first half there should have been several penalties called offsetting due to taunting from Fairland players , but they weren't and anyone who watches high school football knows few games go without missed calls and more often and not some bad calls. The clock situation was a mess but time was kept on the field and the back judge gives the quarterback the play clock countdown, So if lack of electronics is an excuse for the Dragons loss they have none, One of Fairlands Coaches was in the side judges ear every play and between that and being on the field every play there could have been a lot more yellow than actually was, 2nd half Coal grove Coach got his players head straight and they dominated the second half. crying about the clock is idiotic even if its running refs still keep game time on the field, so no one got cheated out of time, agree not the best officiated game but refs were in no way bias to either team, the biggest sham is to take away from the game and not accept the results to make excuses Fairland has had a good season but this overwhelming chatter they are a great team lets be real who have they beaten that has a sound program this year? . But as a man who watched a game with no concern as to who won I saw a team Fairland who instead of using their talent and executing their plays attempt to bully and taunt their way to a win while the other team played their way there.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Just for reference of past behavior, the Fairland coach was on the field ALL night when the Dragons were at Burg earlier in the year. Great win Hornets!! Way to battle through all the distractions to win a hard fought game.

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

As far as the clock goes,as of just a couple years ago, the operator can't turn it completely off from inside the press box. The lights stay on. You have to turn the lights off on a switch located on the pole at the the scoreboard.
Therefore, mark off blaming the operator for the loss. Checked the NFSA site for rules on a clock malfunction. They did it exactly as it says. They kept it on their watch. It seemed to be fixed at a point late in the game but as it states in the rules, you can't go back to the actual scoreboard until the quarter ends, which in this case, it was the 4th quarter so they ended the game on the watch.

Go Big Grove

94dragons
Waterboy

Post by 94dragons »

I can understand the malfunction that turned the clock off. I was talking about the fact that on NUMEROUS occasions the clock continued to run when the refs had blown and signaled it to stop. Fairland lost about 4 minutes of game time and that is huge in a close game like last night's. That is the operators error.

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

94dragons wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:55 pm I can understand the malfunction that turned the clock off. I was talking about the fact that on NUMEROUS occasions the clock continued to run when the refs had blown and signaled it to stop. Fairland lost about 4 minutes of game time and that is huge in a close game like last night's. That is the operators error.
Well, add 4 minutes to that 2nd half, let's call it 36-19

joshwheeler
Waterboy

Post by joshwheeler »

There were multiple penalties missed. If you have questions, hop on over to facebook.com/coalgrovelive and rewatch the whole thing. Several times there were Fairland players taking off their helmet. 15 yards a pop right there. There were at least 2 Fairland players that should have been ejected by the rule book.

my last point will be this - if you're playing close enough to get beat by the refs, you didn't play well enough to win. You have to play above the bad calls and execute. Some will go your way, some won't. #23 from coal grove was pushed over a pile AFTER the whistle - no late hit penalty called - that's a 15 yarder too. The refs didn't throw 2 picks. The refs weren't the ones that couldn't tackle #34. Cunningham was largely bottled up, and the CG pass defense bent but never broke.

you can talk all you want, but you can't really talk when there's film to back things up. go take a look for yourself.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I was invited to take this game in, but was committed to another game.

I like both squads in this one and hope to catch a game at both stadiums some day.

Congrats on the win and if Coal Grove is playing in week twelve, I will go watch them.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

From what I'm told the coach from Fairland should be fired!!! If an adult runs his mouth to the kids on the field to get in there head then , well that's not teaching football. That's encouraging kids to be disrespectful also . He also felt it was wrong cause he came an apologize after the game . That's why there was so many personal fouls called against Cg in the first half . Pitiful!!

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
eagle one
Freshman Team

Re: Fairland (5-3) @ Coal Grove (7-1)

Post by eagle one »

mattash wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:06 pm Bigger crowd than Ironton?
not even close

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

i saw the tipped pass as well and it was tipped!!!

Return to “Football”