Game report: Southeastern 40 Paint Valley 6

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Game report: Southeastern 40 Paint Valley 6

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Southeastern 40 Paint Valley 6
I could not find a roster for Southeastern so I am using the number of the players

Last night my travels took me to Bainbridge, Ohio to watch Paint Valley, Who is coached by one of the classiest guys I know battle undefeated Southeaster. Going into this one the Bearcats were 2-5, while the Panthers were a perfect 7-0. Another win for Southeastern would go a long way towards getting them a home playoff game and for Paint Valley, a win would be a step in the right direction for one of the younger teams in the state.

Southeastern left little doubt about how this one was going to go, when #25 rolled right and went untouched for a sixty-yard touchdown. The point after was kick by #20 was missed leaving the score 6-0 Southeastern with 9:56 left in the opening quarter. #25 looked as fast as anyone on the field and with the ball deception that came out of the wing T formation, the touchdown was as easy as any I have seen this season.

The Bearcats faced a fourth and four with 0:36 seconds left in the quarter, when #44 Cruz McFadden 6-0 / 160 found himself wide opened, but the pass from #6 Bryce Newland was no where close to McFadden and fell harmlessly to the natural grass and giving the Panthers the ball. At the time we had no way of knowing, but that pass pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game.

With 10:21 left in the half #20 was smothered by #21 Lj Byrd 5-8 / 173 holding the runner to no gain.
With 9:47 left in the half #25 was able to connect with #17, who made a nice catch for a nine-yard gain and a big Southeastern first down.
Their was 8:21 left in the quarter when #17 got the ball on a double handoff and did not stop running until he had gone twenty-four yards for another Panthers score. A two point conversion run was completed, when #25 powered his way into the end zone to make this a 14-0 game.

The Panthers defense got a nice play from #40, who had a nice game got to #3 Dane Miller 5-10 / 145 and held him to just a one-yard gain, with 7:48 left in the half. Though the game stats will not show it the Bearcats offense was just off as they had near misses all nice long, but with 5:19 everything clicked and a sixteen-yard run was the result by #5 Macky McDonald 5-11 / 175. On the drive it seemed both teams took turns having their moment in the spotlight and with 4:35 left in the half, it was the Panthers defense turn. #55 would get to Newland, for a three-yard loss. From their the defense continued to be stout and got the ball back to its offense a short time later.

Southeastern, who got a really good game from its offensive line, would get an eighty-two-yard run from #17, who outran everyone on the field to make this a 20-0 game. The point after kick from #20, made this a 21-0 game, with 3:23 left in the half. The Panthers might not be the fastest team in the state, but they are football fast and their backs have things very easy, especially when the big guys up front are playing at the level they did last night.

The Bearcats would get one more nice play in the half and that came with 1:56 left, when #41 Iann Cockrell 5-11 / 150 pulled off a sweet fake punt to pick up a first down. The half ended quietly after that, with the score 21-0 Panthers.

This became a 27-0 game, after #20 for the Panthers ended a seven play,forty-four-yard drive, with a one-yard touchdown run, with 8:26 left in the third. The point after kick was wide left as the only thing that was not going well for the Panthers was the kicking game.

With 7:37 left in the third quarter #24 Malique Davis 5-11 / 165. who seemed to be open all game long, was just that again and this time he had the ball thrown his way and the result was a long gain, of about forty-yards all the way down to the Panthers ten-yard-line. If the combo ever clicks between Davis and Bryce Newland , the Bearcats offense will have a big league type threat that many teams will have to game plan to shut down. The drive ended without the Panthers putting points on the board.

Davis, who might have been the fastest guy on the field would show off his speed, when he came from no where to catch #3 and hold him from scoring another Panthers score. The damage was done in the tone of a fifty-eight-yard gain, with 5:45 left. Davis along with a few other Bearcats were in pursuit of #3 but only Davis got anywhere near runner. The drive came to an end with a thirty-three-yard run by #20, to make this a 33-0 game, with 5:22 left in the quarter. A new kicker #15 came on to try the point after kick, but it was wide left as the kicking issued continued for the powerful Panthers.

#20 from Southeastern would go eighty-yards before being dragged down from behind by McFadden and stopped four-lines short of another score. McFadden showed some Davis like speed on the play and he showed some true Bearcat grit by not giving up on the play. In my opinion, it goes a long way when a player and/or a team shows that never quit attitude during a season when things are not going well and that says a lot about the coaching staff and what they are trying to teach their young men.

With 8:09 left in the game and just :39 seconds after the eighty-yard run #3 of the Panthers blasted in from four-yards out to make this a 39-0 game. This time the point after kick by #15 was good and the score was 40-0.

The Bearcats used that never quit when things are down attitude, ti put together a seven play,forty-six-yard drive, that ended with a one-yard score by #13(NOT ON THE ROSTER) The point after kick from #8 (NOT ON THE ROSTER) was low and short and the game remained and would end, with the score being 40-6.

UNOFFICIAL STATS

SOUTHEASTERN
35 PLAYS
441 YARDS
PASSING 1-2

PAINT VALLEY
60-PLAYS
237 YARDS
PASSING 11-21

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Game report: Southeastern 40 Paint Valley 6

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

SE players...#3 Dalton Chaffin, #15 Andrew Lenox, #17 Dakota Houser, #20 Carson Stauffer, #25 Lane Ruby.

All Seniors with the exception of Ruby, a Sophomore.

PV's #13 is, I believe l, Tyger Tesi.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

PantherPaw78 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 am SE players...#3 Dalton Chaffin, #15 Andrew Lenox, #17 Dakota Houser, #20 Carson Stauffer, #25 Lane Ruby.

Correct me if im wrong . But is ruby not their go to guy? as a sophomore

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I like the way the Columbus city does it, as far as rosters goes.
Each game I have been to the rosters are printed off and handed out for free to anyone,who wants one.
At least they have, wen it has been league games.

I try hard to put as many as the players name in the game reports as I can,by using multiple online sites for rosters.
Sadly not all schools are as good as others, as far as putting rosters(updated) online.
Programs, for the most part have out priced themselves in my book.

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:12 pm
PantherPaw78 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 am SE players...#3 Dalton Chaffin, #15 Andrew Lenox, #17 Dakota Houser, #20 Carson Stauffer, #25 Lane Ruby.

Ruby is their QB, and probably #3 in the pecking order. Stauffer is the go to, and Houser is the big play guy.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

PantherPaw78 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:05 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Ruby is their QB, and probably #3 in the pecking order. Stauffer is the go to, and Houser is the big play guy.
Thanks i knew they showed ruby on gridiron glory more then others

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “Football”