Week 9: Logan (2-6) AT Hamilton Ross (0-8)

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Week 9: Logan (2-6) AT Hamilton Ross (0-8)

Post by cbolt »

That being said Logan probably does need some fresh blood and a new start. There is no Guarantee a new coach will get things turned around though, Logan was pretty bad when Burke arrived! The whole program from varsity clear down to junior ir pretty much struggling or mediocre so a lot of change is needed if things are going to get better. The freshmen are having a decent season at 3-2 as of Oct.2 according to locos site
Last edited by cbolt on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Acknowledged, cbolt. But as the HC, the off season program was his, the players who dropped out were based on him, the prep for personnel and the O and D to run based on them had already been prepped to use and an outline of lineups backups , etc had been plotted. The prep was done only he wasn't there for credit or blame. The following season reflects a new coach complete with HIS prep and work. The turnaround is obvious.

BTW, pay to play can kill a program if not handled right. I have a grandson in a pay to play program that's a winner, winning records since 2002, league titles , playoffs 6 times in 10 years in a tough league and region.

Have gun, will travel
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I figured you would probably say that and I agree it would have been his baby, even though the record doesn't count.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

cbolt,
I agree with your sentiment; however, my nephew played junior high ball at Logan two years ago, and he stated it was one of his best years. (Excitement level). Past two years I have heard it has been a struggle at the middle school level. I also see that Logan consistently has a freshmen team, so at least kids are sticking to football once they hit the older grades. Logan wins the next two games, you do not see a wholesale change fact.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Good to hear thanos! Paldi does Buckeye still have pay to play or did they drop it any? I read where one year it was 600 while Burke was there then they dropped it back down to 395.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Thanos wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:12 pm Logan wins the next two games, you do not see a wholesale change fact.
I agree and I am not completely convinced they will let Burke go if they win these next two games easily. I think it all depends on what happens in the coming two weeks,grab your popcorn!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

To my knowledge , it's still pay to play, same as for the grandson here. I don't know the amount. However, Buckeye is an upscale suburban system where money isn't a problem. The grandson lives in a similar community in Cortland, so it's not like pay to play would destroy a typical middle class or poor system. Lots of schools up here have pay to play.

Have gun, will travel
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I think it would destroy Logan! Hope we never have to see it!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I have no doubt pay to play could destroy Logan sports.

Have gun, will travel
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Logan Boosters keep pay for play at bay. But they need a little love.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 pm That being said Logan probably does need some fresh blood and a new start. There is no Guarantee a new coach will get things turned around though, Logan was pretty bad when Burke arrived! The whole program from varsity clear down to junior ir pretty much struggling or mediocre so a lot of change is needed if things are going to get better. The freshmen are having a decent season at 3-2 as of Oct.2 according to locos site
The year before Kelly became head coach the younger kids were having problems. The one glass had hardly won a game coming up through 7/9. Don't think they won as reserves either and did real bad as a senior class. The program was going down hill before Kelly became head coach. Does Logan have a graduate, other than Penrod, that is doing well at coaching football anywhere?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I remember that noreply! People think it is crazy that's why Amyx left but who really knows what he was thinking ,it might have had something to something to do with it ,maybe not the whole reason. John Smith is coaching Bexley he the only one I can think of.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Don't limit your thinking to a Logan grad. Lots of good coaches out there.

Have gun, will travel
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:12 pm I remember that noreply! People think it is crazy that's why Amyx left but who really knows what he was thinking ,it might have had something to something to do with it ,maybe not the whole reason. John Smith is coaching Bexley he the only one I can think of.
Forgot about Smith.

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

Smith stepped away last year from Bexley to spend more time with his family. He won't move back here.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

You guys all sure there is going to be a vacancy after the season? No one knows for sure.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The Chiefs "should" blow out these last two opponents. Ross, I'm not really to sure of at the moment. Butler county? Correct me if I'm wrong. Long haul to Southwestern Ohio along the Indiana State line. The Rams are 0-8 but not sure how strong their schedule has been. Anyone?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Think Logan looked for a blowout against Warren last year and it didn't happen after the big win over Ross.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ross 0-8 is in a suburban league around Cincy, Hamilton and Middletown. The bully boy there is usually D-2 Harrison (6-2) who has beat Indiana power East Central (D-2) and D-1 Findlay. The other decent team is Trenton Edgewood (6-2). League is split as a D-2 and D-3. League overall is not tough , but Harrison and another is usually decent. Ross has lost to a pathetic 1-7 Western Brown team, rated#472. Ross is rated #471. Logan is favored by Pasteur by 3 pts. at a 56% chance of winning. Those numbers would indicate a toss up game, givn its home for Ross and a long trip for Logan. Logan is rated #429. Translation -- Logan isn't very good and these guys are awful.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Should be a battle then. :oops: :oops: :roll:

Return to “Football”