Minford(7) @ (49)Waverly

Omega
SEOPS H

Minford(7) @ (49)Waverly

Post by Omega »

Thoughts please without trashing and bashing.

Waverly trying to regroup and make the playoffs.

Minford building for the future.
Last edited by Omega on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
mglight88
SE

Re: WK 9 SOC2: Minford (3-5) Vs. Waverly (5-3)

Post by mglight88 »

Waverly will be airing the ball out against the Falcons, but I'm hoping Minford can make it a good contest. Let's make it an injury-free game teams.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think Waverly should come out and take care of business as expected. But I wouldn't be surprised if in the first half this game is a little closer than it should be.. The Tigers have had a rough last couple of weeks, and I know feel as tho they let a W slip away last week. So if they come out sluggish in the beginning, it wouldn't come as a shock. I'm sure Minford will be ready and prepared, they are rebuilding and have some good young players getting valuable experience each week. The Tigers still have a lot to play for, as they still have a shot to squeak into the playoffs if they win out. Hopefully Crabby has the boys looking forward and ready to finish out the season strong.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Waverly has a pretty good team, they just need to stick to what works. They seem to have success at something and then go away from it too often.
We just out matched them, but they were better than West IMO. If they stretch the field more and continue to pick on the corners and safety (which they had success in doing) I believe West would be sitting 7-1 right now.

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Da_Burg wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:09 pm Waverly has a pretty good team, they just need to stick to what works. They seem to have success at something and then go away from it too often.
We just out matched them, but they were better than West IMO. If they stretch the field more and continue to pick on the corners and safety (which they had success in doing) I believe West would be sitting 7-1 right now.
I have been to the majority of Waverly's games these past two seasons, and I have to agree with you in terms of getting away from what works. I know the run game is a vital part of the RPO offense the Tigers run, so getting that established early is a key for them. But many times I have seen the run game be almost shut down completely and they will still continue to try and pound the ball and get no where. Their passing game is so strong and there are very few teams in the area who have good enough corners to cover all the WRs, I would love to see the Tigers take more shots down the field when it seems the running game and bubble screens aren't working.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think waverly takes care of business. Tigers speed will be the big difference in this game.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:09 pm
Da_Burg wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:09 pm Waverly has a pretty good team, they just need to stick to what works. They seem to have success at something and then go away from it too often.
I have been to the majority of Waverly's games these past two seasons, and I have to agree with you in terms of getting away from what works. I know the run game is a vital part of the RPO offense the Tigers run, so getting that established early is a key for them. But many times I have seen the run game be almost shut down completely and they will still continue to try and pound the ball and get no where. Their passing game is so strong and there are very few teams in the area who have good enough corners to cover all the WRs, I would love to see the Tigers take more shots down the field when it seems the running game and bubble screens aren't working.
Agreed more shots down field, Kayne can blaze. Plus, I hope the tackling gets way better. Quit trying for that highlight shoulder knock down tackle and wrap up those legs.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

After watching Minford for 8 games this year, I honestly have to say that they are not as bad as their record shows. They beat themselves against Oak Hill and Logan. A team with a new coaching staff and players being relatively young, mistakes are bound to happen. In my opinion, Minford has pretty good skill players, but there is not much you can accomplish with the offensive line they have. The 8th Jr High team's line is bigger than the varsity's. Minford might have the worst line in Scioto county. Winning three games is a miracle with that line. You cannot expect to win games with a new QB with that offensive line. I understand people in Minford have been complaining about the play calling at times. I'm not saying I completely agree with every play that is called, but it has to be difficult to call plays and have faith in the line. Of course the defense has been an issue too, but with a new D-coordinator that is bound to happen in year one. Before everyone in Minford leads a revolt against the coaching staff, look at what is out on the field. I love the Minford community and Minford athletics, but anytime Minford is losing we want to blame the coaches. The people in Minford loved Daniels when he was winning, but when a loss came, they wanted him fired. Look at the product on the field before you want the coaches head on a stick. I can honestly say if Minford had an average line, they would have a wining record this season. Hopefully next year Minford will have a line with some decent size and skill to compete in the SOC.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Everybody seems to be saying the same thing. I think the Tigers let one slip away last week as well. Even though West had huge success on the ground and time of possession because of it Waverly could not be stopped through the air.
Air it out and take more shots vertical. Waverly has THE BEST passing QB in the area and 3 of the best WR’s and no way Minford stops them.
I will be shocked if Waverly has a problem with Minford.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Waverly big in this one. They shouldn't have a problem here. 42-14 tigers

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I bet this thread doesn’t get locked. Lol.

I think Minford is heading in the right direction. I think we can say the same thing about Minford as far as sticking with what works. Those short slant passes across the middle. The 5-10 yard out. They can’t throw it deep, not sure they could even if the qb has time, but the quick throws negate a pass rush every time. The running game just isn’t there for Minford. It all goes back to the line. The qb does have some wheels tho. And can gain some good yardage on a scramble or two.

Overall, I think Waverly is the second best team in the SOC. They have weapons on the outside and a qb that can stretch the field. Idk why they don’t do it very often. That opens up the run game if you are struggling in a tight game. I’d like to see them air it out more.

All in all, I’m going to take Waverly by 30+.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'll take Waverly even with the young secondary by 4-5 scores.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

42-12 Waverly
Hopefully a couple long balls to Jordan and Wolf.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Waverly wins this one

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Has Waverly been able to have any previously injured players return to action?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:35 am
I bet this thread doesn’t get locked. Lol.

I think Minford is heading in the right direction. I think we can say the same thing about Minford as far as sticking with what works. Those short slant passes across the middle. The 5-10 yard out. They can’t throw it deep, not sure they could even if the qb has time, but the quick throws negate a pass rush every time. The running game just isn’t there for Minford. It all goes back to the line. The qb does have some wheels tho. And can gain some good yardage on a scramble or two.

Overall, I think Waverly is the second best team in the SOC. They have weapons on the outside and a qb that can stretch the field. Idk why they don’t do it very often. That opens up the run game if you are struggling in a tight game. I’d like to see them air it out more.

All in all, I’m going to take Waverly by 30+.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I believe minford makes a game out of it. waverly 38-20

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Howell had a monster night throwing the ball, well over 2,000 yards on the season and Kritzwiser a monster night on the ground going well over 1,000 for the season as the Tigers dominated the Falcons 49-7.
Tigers defense with 4 pics, including two by Marquez.
Tiger offense was clicking on all cylinders as the passing game went more vertical.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Waverly 49
Minford 7

Tigers defense gets 4 interceptions and hold Minford to 163 yards of offense

Tigers stats offensively

Team
23-272 rushing

18-28 236 passing

51 508 total offense

Kritzwiser 18 carries 258 yards 5 tds

Howell 18-28 236 yards 2 tds

Marquez 9 catches 103 yards
Wolf 4 catches 75 yards 1 td
Jordan 3 catches 41 yards 1 td

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Looked like Waverly came out with a chip on their shoulder last night after dropping their last 2 games. 3TD in less than a minute and 4Int. They played with more confidence on both sides of the ball.

Return to “Football”