Post by mattash »

Nelsonville-York(52) @ (26)Athens

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Nelsonville-York(52) @ (26)Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

A big congratulations to the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes on an undefeated season. They have kept the passion and enthusiasm for Athens County football alive. Over the past decade Athens county has won EVERY TVC-Ohio title and half of the TVC-Hocking championships. This years Buckeyes team is the SIXTH in the last SEVEN years to go unbeaten. Joining Athens 2011, Athens 2013, Trimble 2013, Athens 2014 and Trimble 2014 to run the gauntlet and remain perfect. Besides the six undefeated teams, Athens county has also produced four (9-1) teams over the same time frame and appeared in two state championship games. Lets make it three this year! Good luck Buckeyes ... and good luck to Trimble as they take their group of young 'Cats to Lucas next Friday.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I've said it before. If Ny plays their game they can compete with any team. They went out and played ball in the second half! Great game by both teams. For Athens, tough break missing out on the playoffs. Great season either way! For NY, keep on rolling. I this team will be playing in week 14 and possibly even week 15 depending on the state semi draw.. I will be cheering the Buckeys on from Pirate country the rest of the year!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:13 pm I've said it before. If Ny plays their game they can compete with any team. They went out and played ball in the second half! Great game by both teams. For Athens, tough break missing out on the playoffs. Great season either way! For NY, keep on rolling. I this team will be playing in week 14 and possibly even week 15 depending on the state semi draw.. I will be cheering the Buckeys on from Pirate country the rest of the year!!
Thanks man! We will be rooting for you guys as well!
Go win that state Championship!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Okay, late but I was to busy pinching myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

My take on last night's TVC-OHIO Championship.

Dogs came out ready to play and they hung in their in the first half. They were able to take advantage of 2 early turnovers by the Buckeyes and get 2 touchdowns out of them. Davis was forced to hurry a lot of passes because of the pressure our Dline was putting on him.
Donovan Mccollister (70) and Colton Snyder (48) played amazing on the Dline last night for the Buckeyes. The Bulldog Oline wasn't ready for those 2 young men.

In the second half our DB's played closer to the line and took away those little 4 and 5 yarders the Bulldogs thrive off of. We shut the dogs down in the second half.
Hats off to the Bulldogs on an 8-2 season. That is something to be proud of.

Garrett Maiden took the field less than 24 hours after losing his father to cancer. That alone was amazing and inspiring. He didn't just take the field, he showed up and continued to be the leader he has been all season. His brothers rallied around him and our Buckeyes played their guts out last night.
I am beyond thrilled that our Buckeyes are 10-0, and back to back TVC-OHIO champions. What a feat! I'm am absolutely awe struck at how our young men went out and left it all on the field for one of their brothers, and that Garrett Maiden went out and lead his team right after losing his father.
You can argue TVC offensive POY all day long but Garrett is hands down the POY. How many high school seniors can do what Garrett did last night?
I knew last year that we would have something this season and I knew after week 2 that we would be 10-0.

The Buckeyes aren't done yet. They got their sights set on heading up North this year.
This group of kids play for each other, they don't care about stats or who gets reconised. They want to play football with their brothers, and they want to win.

Hats off to one of the best coaching staffs anywhere. They work their butts off trying to make sure our kids can be successful. They never take any credit, and they are the first to take the blame.
So proud to be a Buckeye!
LETS GO 11-0!!!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

very well said bucks keep on rollin

Reds6363
Waterboy

Post by Reds6363 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:44 pm Okay, late but I was to busy pinching myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

My take on last night's TVC-OHIO Championship.

Dogs came out ready to play and they hung in their in the first half. They were able to take advantage of 2 early turnovers by the Buckeyes and get 2 touchdowns out of them. Davis was forced to hurry a lot of passes because of the pressure our Dline was putting on him.
Donovan Mccollister (70) and Colton Snyder (48) played amazing on the Dline last night for the Buckeyes. The Bulldog Oline wasn't ready for those 2 young men.

In the second half our DB's played closer to the line and took away those little 4 and 5 yarders the Bulldogs thrive off of. We shut the dogs down in the second half.
Hats off to the Bulldogs on an 8-2 season. That is something to be proud of.

Garrett Maiden took the field less than 24 hours after losing his father to cancer. That alone was amazing and inspiring. He didn't just take the field, he showed up and continued to be the leader he has been all season. His brothers rallied around him and our Buckeyes played their guts out last night.
I am beyond thrilled that our Buckeyes are 10-0, and back to back TVC-OHIO champions. What a feat! I'm am absolutely awe struck at how our young men went out and left it all on the field for one of their brothers, and that Garrett Maiden went out and lead his team right after losing his father.
You can argue TVC offensive POY all day long but Garrett is hands down the POY. How many high school seniors can do what Garrett did last night?
I knew last year that we would have something this season and I knew after week 2 that we would be 10-0.

The Buckeyes aren't done yet. They got their sights set on heading up North this year.
This group of kids play for each other, they don't care about stats or who gets reconised. They want to play football with their brothers, and they want to win.

Hats off to one of the best coaching staffs anywhere. They work their butts off trying to make sure our kids can be successful. They never take any credit, and they are the first to take the blame.
So proud to be a Buckeye!
LETS GO 11-0!!!!
What the NY QB did after what happened with his family was amazing and I wish them the best of luck but colt yinger is the best player on that team

Return to “Football”