WK 10: Steubenville CC 13 @ Fort Frye 49 Final

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Re: WK 10: Steubenville CC (7-2) @ Fort Frye (8-1)

Post by outerbanksjake »

Actually the Madonna back was over 2,000. If SCC does host a first round game It could be at Martin's Ferry, only 25 miles south of Steubenville, artificial turf and seating for 5,000 plus, not that that would be an issue. I C would be fine too, but they have grass.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

http://wtov9.com/sports/local-and-regio ... l-football

This is the best team Fort will play at this point. Qb Hartzell and RBs Thompson and Smith are nasty good.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

outerbanksjake wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:30 pm Actually the Madonna back was over 2,000. If SCC does host a first round game It could be at Martin's Ferry, only 25 miles south of Steubenville, artificial turf and seating for 5,000 plus, not that that would be an issue. I C would be fine too, but they have grass.

Madonna RB looked good ran for 100 in the 1st QT that being said Madonna has played like nobody. It’s kinda like the kid from Bridgeport getting all those stats vs Trash teams.

RespectAllFearNone
Freshman Team

Post by RespectAllFearNone »

SCC looking tough, I think SCC takes the W by a TD.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Tough matchup interested to see how Fort Frye does vs a very good offense.

Da Game
Waterboy

Post by Da Game »

outerbanksjake wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:54 am SCC had a few key injuries that played into both losses. They are healthy now plus a few week 6 transfers have made a huge difference. QB is lightning fast, State placer.
SCC only has 1 transfer....I believe he is a rec.- db....They are big and fast

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:10 pm
Buckeyefan55 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:08 pm So with them being a private school transfers can play right away?
They had sit first 5 games
Thank you, wasn't sure how that worked.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Playoffs come a week early I’m super excited

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye has a few fast kids, but they aren't scaring anyone with speed. I guess the way they'll contend is to make those fast guys tackle Bradford and Schob for five minutes straight, then see if they're still fast.

Da Game
Waterboy

Post by Da Game »

efarns wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:20 pm Fort Frye has a few fast kids, but they aren't scaring anyone with speed. I guess the way they'll contend is to make those fast guys tackle Bradford and Schob for five minutes straight, then see if they're still fast.
I was just telling you....But tackling SCC backs for 5 minutes straight, then see if they are still at top speed....Their backs are big

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Wildcatter wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:22 am If SCC has really had a few transfers that would be a bigger win for FF. There's no transfers there. All home grown.
FF lost to Northridge, at home. Chalking it up as a definite win, given that loss, raises eyebrows.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:53 pm
Wildcatter wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:22 am If SCC has really had a few transfers that would be a bigger win for FF. There's no transfers there. All home grown.
FF lost to Northridge, at home. Chalking it up as a definite win, given that loss, raises eyebrows.
Quirky game and inexperienced team; Call it an outlier and throw it out

Hey look! The private school guy is suddenly interested in a Fort Frye game for some reason. I wonder what it could be?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:53 pm
Fort Frye struggled 3 fumbles a pick. Sophomores being sophomores. Failing to score inside the redzone 4 times. Rainy night as well. If the teams played again Fort Frye would win by 20 Plus. Couldn’t score from the 2 in 4 Downs.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Just got off the phone with OHSAA Commissioner Ross, they're going to excuse the Northridge loss on the basis of it being rainy and Fort Frye committing turnovers.

- - - - -

Key phrase is "'definite' win." Not saying that Fort Frye will lose, but FF only has one good win and that's Waterford: a team they play every single year. Waterford is a good opponent, but FF always keys in on and knows what to expect from their rivals. Outside of Fort Frye, the rest of the PVC frankly is modest.

SCC usually has a solid program. Their best win appears to be Wheeling Catholic Central, and not Madonna (WV.)
Last edited by formerfcfan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 am Just got off the phone with OHSAA Commissioner Ross, they're going to excuse the Northridge loss on the basis of it rainy and Fort Frye committing turnovers.

- - - - -

Key phrase is "'definite' win." Not saying that Fort Frye will lose, but FF only has one good win and that's Waterford: a team they play every single year. Waterford is a good opponent, but FF always keys in on and knows what to expect from their rivals. Outside of Fort Frye, the rest of the Carets frankly is modest.

SCC usually has a solid program. Their best win appears to be Wheeling Catholic Central, and not Madonna (WV.)

Considering Shenandoah destroyed River and River just beat Lucas. Shenandoah was just recently ranked in the state poll. So because Fort beat Shenandoah all of the Zeps aren’t a good team even though they are going to the playoffs? My point about the Northridge game is that Fort Frye is not close to the same team that they were week 2. I see you must just be the guy that looks at scores and makes judgements on teams. If you knew anything about Fort Frye you’d know that they lost 17 Srs last year so of course it’s going to take the young kids some time to adjust. Also 2 of Forts top players did not get any reps in preseason because of Legion Baseball. So did they lose to Northridge? Yes but that’s not the team they are now. Fort Frye has been on a roll. That defense is the real deal. I’m not sure how this game will go. I do think that SCC is one of the best teams in the region.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Regarding Shenandoah, I thought Nick Miller had sat out the past two weeks vs Morgan and Fort Frye due to injury. Did some more research this morning, and it appears that he did play in at least the FF game. Knowing that Shenandoah only beat Morgan 8-0, I crossed them off as being a 'quality win.' If Miller was healthy for the FF game, then I'll retract my claim on FF's schedule not being very good.

I do believe teams get better as the season progresses, especially younger teams. I do think that SCC is better than Northridge, though, so I'll stand by my comment that FF - while they could be a favorite - is not the overwhelming favorite in this one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:33 pm Regarding Shenandoah, I thought Nick Miller had sat out the past two weeks vs Morgan and Fort Frye due to injury. Did some more research this morning, and it appears that he did play in at least the FF game. Knowing that Shenandoah only beat Morgan 8-0, I crossed them off as being a 'quality win.' If Miller was healthy for the FF game, then I'll retract my claim on FF's schedule not being very good.

I do believe teams get better as the season progresses, especially younger teams. I do think that SCC is better than Northridge, though, so I'll stand by my comment that FF - while they could be a favorite - is not the overwhelming favorite in this one.

I really don’t know what to expect from this game. I think Fort might still be a small dog. It’s the perfect game to get them ready for week 10.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

“Our plan early on was to spread things out and get them chasing us a little bit in the first half and the second half we wanted to run straight at them and it seemed to work,” veteran Crusaders coach Steve Daley said.

“This win should help us toward our goal of making the playoffs,” Daley said. “We have one game left at Fort Frye and I’m a little concerned about the travel next week. It could come down to us possibly getting a home game if we could get that win down there.”

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Spreading it out last week was what Shenandoah has the most success with. Boone Jones long TD came on a scramble out of 4 wide.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

If you have a problem with the quality of the other football Teams in The PVC, go bother them. It's the same schools we have played for 70 years, and nobody forces you to care.

Return to “Football”