Taking Fairland but in a close one.

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Re: WK10 (4-5) Chesapeake @ (5-4) Fairland

Post by dime-a-dozen »

If Chesapeake doesn’t turn the ball over 3 times against Rock Hill then they win by 10+. All of those turnovers lead to scores for Rock Hill. However Rock Hill was not able to stop Chesapeake’s Offense. Other than 3 turnovers and 1 punt. If Chesapeake can bottle Cunningham up and put pressure on the QB then there will be a barn burner in Proctorville on Friday. Remember there is a traveling trophy on the line, The Joe Smith Helmet, it has been in existence since the 2011 season. The Peake is playing for a .500 record to help salvage a season of youth and injury and Fairland is playing to hopefully get a share of the OVC Title and sneak in to the playoffs. Chesapeake controls Fairlands Destiny and has absolutely nothing to lose. IMO you will see the best two athletes in the OVC on display in Cunningham for the Dragons and Browning for the Panthers. Look for a big crowd and a heck of a game!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

If the dragons win this game, are they in the playoffs? Or are they also needing some one above them to lose?

Either way I'll take fairland in a close one.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:38 am If the dragons win this game, are they in the playoffs? Or are they also needing some one above them to lose?

Either way I'll take fairland in a close one.

On Joe Eitel the 7 and 8 seeds control their own destiny while 1-6 have clinched. So sounds like Fairland needs a win and help

Although it’s a rivalry Fairland and Cunningham should run all over Chesapeake. 40-21

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

I'll take Fairland 46 peake 12 in this one. Fairland is just a great team. Very similar to CG and Grove had no problem dismantaling peake. Hopefully Fairland gets some help and heads to the playoffs. I believe they are better than their record shows. Good luck.

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

No dog in this fight but one post has me wondering? how is this Fairland team better than their record? They have a very good team and have had a successful season they also had control of their own destiny, so just curious as to how they are better than their record?

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

bigdogtaz wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:10 pm No dog in this fight but one post has me wondering? how is this Fairland team better than their record? They have a very good team and have had a successful season they also had control of their own destiny, so just curious as to how they are better than their record?
Mainly just their non conference schedule.
Wheelersburg 9-0
Portsmouth West 9-0
Waverly 6-3 with their 3 losses coming from Wheelersburg, Portsmouth West and Nelsonville York who all 3 are 9-0.
Coal Grove is the best team in the conference and they would have also gone 0-3 had they played the non conference schedule Fairland did. They played 1 of the 3 Portsmouth West who gave Grove their only loss of the season 28-7.
Fairland plays some of the teams these other teams in the OVC player in their non conference schedule they could be 8-1 with their only loss being to Grove. They have a very good team. I like their non conference schedule though. Even though they play teams that are really tough to beat it makes the rest of the year a little easier.

Being a Dragon. I’ll take the Land by 3 TDs!

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

abelsdaddio wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:30 pm
bigdogtaz wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:10 pm No dog in this fight but one post has me wondering? how is this Fairland team better than their record? They have a very good team and have had a successful season they also had control of their own destiny, so just curious as to how they are better than their record?
Mainly just their non conference schedule.
Wheelersburg 9-0
Portsmouth West 9-0
Waverly 6-3 with their 3 losses coming from Wheelersburg, Portsmouth West and Nelsonville York who all 3 are 9-0.
Coal Grove is the best team in the conference and they would have also gone 0-3 had they played the non conference schedule Fairland did. They played 1 of the 3 Portsmouth West who gave Grove their only loss of the season 28-7.
Fairland plays some of the teams these other teams in the OVC player in their non conference schedule they could be 8-1 with their only loss being to Grove. They have a very good team. I like their non conference schedule though. Even though they play teams that are really tough to beat it makes the rest of the year a little easier.

Being a Dragon. I’ll take the Land by 3 TDs!

Basically he covered everything I needed to say. They were 2 points from beat West (9-0)... and played CG closer than the score says (8-1). Just think they are a talented team.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

I’m in no way trying to be disrespectful and I’m sure this is beating a dead horse but are there any plans to upgrade the field/stadium soon?

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

The Flash wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:39 pm I’m in no way trying to be disrespectful and I’m sure this is beating a dead horse but are there any plans to upgrade the field/stadium soon?
Doubt it. Fairland has like 1 good season every 4-5 years. The community supports them that one good year. Then when they’re bad no one does. They should’ve just built it when they built the school.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Even though it’s a couple minutes from the school I always thought that down by the little league fields would be a good spot. More space and better traffic flow. Especially if they ever build the bypass connecting 52 to 7 that was supposed to happen 20 years ago :lol:

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

But they lost those games right ? So sorry but when did being beaten by a better team make you a better team? lol look at time of possession against Coal grove take away penalty yards and just how close was Fairland ? So guess your saying if they scheduled weaker teams they would have a better record, you ever think if the OVC hadn't been so weak this year maybe their record would be worse ? That you base your statement on the success of teams who beat you isn't very logical Fairland is a decent area team never said they don't have talent but they are no better than their record that is why its called a record because it is the written account of the success of the season, 6 and 4 decent season Fairland has won 6 games against struggling teams and why week 11 they will not be playing without a miracle, so again Not saying they have no talent, saying they had a good season but are not any better than a 6and 4 team

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

bigdogtaz wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm But they lost those games right ? So sorry but when did being beaten by a better team make you a better team? lol look at time of possession against Coal grove take away penalty yards and just how close was Fairland ? So guess your saying if they scheduled weaker teams they would have a better record, you ever think if the OVC hadn't been so weak this year maybe their record would be worse ? That you base your statement on the success of teams who beat you isn't very logical Fairland is a decent area team never said they don't have talent but they are no better than their record that is why its called a record because it is the written account of the success of the season, 6 and 4 decent season Fairland has won 6 games against struggling teams and why week 11 they will not be playing without a miracle, so again Not saying they have no talent, saying they had a good season but are not any better than a 6and 4 team

Too each their own... by what you're saying is that a team cannot get better throughout the year? Seem ludacrus to me..

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

A team can't get better ? was never said are you saying Fairland can now handle the Burg ? P west? or Waverly? don't know where that logic comes from sure wish the miracle would happen now just to se your reasoning after a 30 + point thrashing by the burg

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

bigdogtaz wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:39 pm A team can't get better ? was never said are you saying Fairland can now handle the Burg ? P west? or Waverly? don't know where that logic comes from sure wish the miracle would happen now just to se your reasoning after a 30 + point thrashing by the burg
How about the 2 point loss to Portsmouth west? Do you think they could possibly be 2 points improved? How about if they had a key injury and now they're back? Do you that would make a team better than it's said overall standing? Your logic is flawed but I don't think you'd admit it so this is a pointless argument.

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

My logic is flawed? you feel the dragons may be 2 points better by now I watched the Ironton game and the Coal Grove game to me the Dragons aren't as sharp now as they were then, that's in my opinion, but using your logic you don't think P West has improved? so you have nothing factual to base your statement on. you have a team who you say is better than their record who has lost to every team they played with a winning record ? No argument I asked for your reasoning behind your statement, to you being beat by better teams makes you better to me that doesn't hold water, having a 6 and 4 season only winning over the weaker OVC teams puts Fairland where they are no better no worse and not enough points to make playoffs , could they have played better ? maybe, could they have won more games? maybe, but they didn't its why they have the point system for playoffs you get rewarded for what you do not for the hypothetical thinking of fans and family

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

bigdogtaz wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 pm My logic is flawed? you feel the dragons may be 2 points better by now I watched the Ironton game and the Coal Grove game to me the Dragons aren't as sharp now as they were then, that's in my opinion, but using your logic you don't think P West has improved? so you have nothing factual to base your statement on. you have a team who you say is better than their record who has lost to every team they played with a winning record ? No argument I asked for your reasoning behind your statement, to you being beat by better teams makes you better to me that doesn't hold water, having a 6 and 4 season only winning over the weaker OVC teams puts Fairland where they are no better no worse and not enough points to make playoffs , could they have played better ? maybe, could they have won more games? maybe, but they didn't its why they have the point system for playoffs you get rewarded for what you do not for the hypothetical thinking of fans and family

Like I said, a team couple gain a few key starters at the halfway point in the season due to injury or transfers, or whatever scenario you'd like to use, but like I said in my last post. You're not gonna change you're mind. Whether you are right or wrong.

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

This is the only game of the season I agree with running up the score! It’s Peake week! Go Dragons. I was a member of the 06-07 Fairland team that beat Chesapeake for the first time in over a decade. So any time we can run up the score on them I have no problem with that. They would do exactly the same. Go Dragons!

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

I’ve been to plenty of Fairland-Chesapeake games and Chesapeake never ran the score up on Fairland or anyone else I’ve seen them play

As for this game I think it’ll be competitive and Fairlan won’t get a chance to rub it in. But if it does then I think the starters get pulled because remember that Fairland might still have a week 11, no use putting a key player at risk of injury just to run the score up on someone

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Leave it to a fairland fan to not be classy. I guess that happens when you get a slight taste of winning a few games. I have seen so many games where Chesapeake could have scored 100 points but didn’t. All Chesapeake will ever be to these fairland people is trailer trash!

Return to “Football”