Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
hsfootballfan77
Waterboy

Re: WK10 Eastern Meigs @ Southern

Post by hsfootballfan77 »

I'm predicting the temperature in the mid 40's at kickoff..... That's all the predicting I'm giving on this game because I keep thinking of the November 2nd 2013 meeting between the two teams (Eastern 0 Southern 36.) Do to the outstanding sportsmanship & ethics of the Eastern Coaching Staff the game had to be stopped with over 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I do believe its the same coaching staff and in all probability the score will the same as 2013 by halftime. I am in no way saying it was the fault of the athletes...I'm saying the coaching staff threw out pride, respect & overall sportsmanship and it showed with their 2-8 2013 season.

AfanaSHS
Waterboy

Post by AfanaSHS »

Should be Southern by as many as they wish, but this is a classic, and anything can happen, not saying it will though. 31-13 SHS

Peregrine06
Riding the Bench

Post by Peregrine06 »

hsfootballfan77 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:43 pm I'm predicting the temperature in the mid 40's at kickoff..... That's all the predicting I'm giving on this game because I keep thinking of the November 2nd 2013 meeting between the two teams (Eastern 0 Southern 36.) Do to the outstanding sportsmanship & ethics of the Eastern Coaching Staff the game had to be stopped with over 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I do believe its the same coaching staff and in all probability the score will the same as 2013 by halftime. I am in no way saying it was the fault of the athletes...I'm saying the coaching staff threw out pride, respect & overall sportsmanship and it showed with their 2-8 2013 season.
I'm not saying you're wrong here but the fight game was a whole 4 years ago? I thought this was more recent. And on top of that the game was played as late as Nov. 2nd for a week 10 matchup? Besides the point, I believe the rivalry won't be as heated as in years past. I think they're ready for basketball on both sides. Southern 34 Eastern 13.

meigswolfpack
Riding the Bench

Post by meigswolfpack »

Peregrine06 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:28 am
hsfootballfan77 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:43 pm I'm predicting the temperature in the mid 40's at kickoff..... That's all the predicting I'm giving on this game because I keep thinking of the November 2nd 2013 meeting between the two teams (Eastern 0 Southern 36.) Do to the outstanding sportsmanship & ethics of the Eastern Coaching Staff the game had to be stopped with over 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I do believe its the same coaching staff and in all probability the score will the same as 2013 by halftime. I am in no way saying it was the fault of the athletes...I'm saying the coaching staff threw out pride, respect & overall sportsmanship and it showed with their 2-8 2013 season.
I'm not saying you're wrong here but the fight game was a whole 4 years ago? I thought this was more recent. And on top of that the game was played as late as Nov. 2nd for a week 10 matchup? Besides the point, I believe the rivalry won't be as heated as in years past. I think they're ready for basketball on both sides. Southern 34 Eastern 13.
The fight was 2 years ago. This was another incident that only involved the coaches and NOT the players

Peregrine06
Riding the Bench

Post by Peregrine06 »

meigswolfpack wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:01 am
The fight was 2 years ago. This was another incident that only involved the coaches and NOT the players
Thanks. So 2 games in 4 years have been stopped early in this rivalry? What exactly went down in 2013?

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Southern hands eastern a 42-6 butt whipping that’s my prediction

SOC 1
HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

Coach Newland and staff have been coaching since the 2014 season. Better get your crap straight before making allegations. To throw a coaching staff under the bus is not cool. Especially when its obvious you don't know what you're talking about. If you want to talk about the fight 2 years ago, I can give you all the details on that as well. But I will say that it is a different coaching staff at Southern, and I would expect this to be a hard, clean game just like last year.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Anyone know the series record?I know early years it was pretty much all Eastern.Last 20 -25 years it's probably close to even??

ToaHead
Waterboy

Post by ToaHead »

Per joeeitel.com
Eastern leads 11-6 since 2000. Southern 4-1 in last 5 games.
00-05 Eastern
06 Southern
07 Eastern
08 Southern
09-11 Eastern
12-13 Southern
14 Eastern
15-16 Southern

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Southern

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Southern by 27

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
ToaHead
Waterboy

Post by ToaHead »

Eagles will finally end the curse!

hsfootballfan77
Waterboy

Post by hsfootballfan77 »

Yes you are correct it was 2 years ago.. Idk why I thought it was 2013..

I do want to give both the Eastern & Southern's athletes a huge shout out!!! Every athlete, every coach was very respectful & had great sportsmanship. Both teams played a hard clean game!!

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

hsfootballfan77 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:21 pm
Yes you are correct it was 2 years ago.. Idk why I thought it was 2013..

I do want to give both the Eastern & Southern's athletes a huge shout out!!! Every athlete, every coach was very respectful & had great sportsmanship. Both teams played a hard clean game!!
Is eastern getting new coaches?

Return to “Football”