"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK10 Logan @ Warren

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logan should win.........
Having said that, I'm not so sure.
Hope the Chiefs can come out with a win though.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

What do we need to see from Logan in this game? Is an ugly win good enough?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 pm What do we need to see from Logan in this game? Is an ugly win good enough?
I don't think any win is good enough at this point.
I think the Chiefs are 24 point favorites but.......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wasn't it last year that Logan didn't score in the 2nd half and Warren almost came back to win?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

This will not be close!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Once again the Chiefs are favored.... Overwhelming favorites. However I'm hearing there is still turmoil inside the team. Nothing would surprise me at this point. I'm told this game will be heavily scrutinized .

Have gun, will travel
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren scored a few TD last week if I remember. Are they getting better or was it the other team being bad or did Warren score on the reserves?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Paladin wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:18 pm Once again the Chiefs are favored.... Overwhelming favorites. However I'm hearing there is still turmoil inside the team. Nothing would surprise me at this point. I'm told this game will be heavily scrutinized .

Sad to say that a very poor Warren team, which the Chiefs should blow out, will be a factor if the coach stays or goes. This decision should have been already decided! :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 pm What do we need to see from Logan in this game? Is an ugly win good enough?
I'm not sure much about the game truly matters. A win by 1 or a win by 70 will be equally dismissed.

Any loss will quadruple the scrutiny on the current staff.

Big questions to be asked this offseason. There might not be answers.

If there aren't good answers, what's next? Does anyone in town who is on SEOPS even care at this point?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Complete outside perspective here but I have to think the loss of a league plays into the apathy of some students not playing and the ones that do have to feel (once losses pile up) why am I doing this. Motivation that requires off-season work year around anymore and hot days from the end of July to August to play bad teams like Ross or big schools like Dublin where kids can make no connection with who they are playing. As I recall the Chiefs played Athens well and Chillicothe well for 2-3 quarters. They know those teams, understand competing in those games a little better. Hard to get 15-18 year old competitive juices flowing for no league and "weird" teams that they can't associate with.

A lot of factors at play here, but I think that is one of them.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

As to the last two posts, I do believe there are folks who care. Logan is a football school (and track). If the football program suffers, the cancer will spread to other programs. What other sport at Logan engenders such passion, positive or negative? They have to get this right. As for a league, well that left us. I fully believe the administration is working hard to find a home for Logan but no one will take them now. Having said that, no one is feeling sorry for the football Chieftains other than the locals. There is such a thing as pride and I know it still exists in the community. That can be nurtured and it will grow and support the program, league or no. At some point, Logan will find a league. Until then, I've said there are many opponents we do have that we can be competitive against. So the Admin has to ask this question...is the program getting better or not?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Every sport has a next step after regular season. Logan needs to play for that next step. Winning a league/conference doesn't always help towards that next step. The end of the SEOAL shouldn't stop the chieftains from doing well in any sport. If it does it is all in the head. No one should be telling the kids at Logan they cannot do well or shouldn't do well because the league has ended. Every coach at any level need to tell our kids to hold your heads up and put other things behind you. Play for now not what use to be.

Go Chiefs

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:02 pm Warren scored a few TD last week if I remember. Are they getting better or was it the other team being bad or did Warren score on the reserves?
Linsly pulled their starters at the beginning of the 2nd quarter up 35-0. Warren had one pick six defensive score against their 2nd team, scored offensively against their 2nd and third teams. A great gesture play allowed a challenged Warren student/player to scoop and score a Linsly fumble in the last minutes.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

Linsly's players and staff are a class act. Outstanding display of sportsmanship and respect from them. Outstanding!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

This one will be a game of The No Good The Bad and The Ugly.... :shock: :?

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Curious wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:50 am
noreply66 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:02 pm Warren scored a few TD last week if I remember. Are they getting better or was it the other team being bad or did Warren score on the reserves?
Linsly pulled their starters at the beginning of the 2nd quarter up 35-0. Warren had one pick six defensive score against their 2nd team, scored offensively against their 2nd and third teams. A great gesture play allowed a challenged Warren student/player to scoop and score a Linsly fumble in the last minutes.

Always great to see when a person is allowed to score a Td like what was done in the Warren game last week. It means so much to them. I have seen this myself...always a goose bump moment.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 pm
Curious wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:50 am

Always great to see when a person is allowed to score a Td like what was done in the Warren game last week. It means so much to them. I have seen this myself...always a goose bump moment.
Linsly is a proud and classy program. Cool to hear
Last edited by The Flash on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 am Every sport has a next step after regular season. Logan needs to play for that next step. Winning a league/conference doesn't always help towards that next step. The end of the SEOAL shouldn't stop the chieftains from doing well in any sport. If it does it is all in the head. No one should be telling the kids at Logan they cannot do well or shouldn't do well because the league has ended. Every coach at any level need to tell our kids to hold your heads up and put other things behind you. Play for now not what use to be.

Go Chiefs
Well put noreply! Kids should play for the love of the game and compete not just for championships! Kids now just don't seem to have the same passion for the sport like when we were walking the halls. Other sports are thriving at Logan right now. The soccer team is having their best teams in history all the way down to the lower levels and the basketball team is supposed to be really good. Football and baseball are the two programs that are not doing well for whatever reason. This year and last year the football team has really regressed but before that nobody was complaining after Burke arrived.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

This subject may better apply to a new thread topic, but I can't help relating the decline of some football programs to the emergence and introduction of the soccer programs. Now I understand just because a school has both, it does not mean their football program is in the toilet. But I would like get some feedback on what schools have enjoyed success in both. One that comes to mind for both is Athens. But who else?
Jackson, football strong-soccer?
Warren, soccer strong-football (no)
Alexander, soccer strong- football(no)
Logan, soccer getting better-football (no)
Nelsonville, football strong- soccer?(do they have a team)
Trimble, Football strong soccer?
Belpre, football stronger-soccer (no)
Morgan, soccer strong- football (no)
Philo, football strong, soccer (no)

What would happen to their football teams if Waterford, Trimble, Fort Frye and others began soccer programs?
Who else has successful programs in both?
Football teams may not be loosing lineman to soccer, but teams are competing for receivers, D backs and other skilled position players.

Return to “Football”