Wheelersburg and Division 5 State Playoff Thoughts

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Wheelersburg and Division 5 State Playoff Thoughts

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 pm Licking County Fan:: How is Manchester the obvious choice for Region 17? South Range defeated them once this season already which is why I leaned towards them. I do think the winner of their Semi wins the Region.
I meant South Range(My mistake)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WELL GOOD LUCK TO YOU CRAZY PIRATE FANS TONIGHT.
I recorded the west/burg game and watched it yesterday. west pretty much dominated the 1st quarter until a last second touch down before the half. they played with the pirates play fer play. but just too many horses for burg after that. great playoff atmosphere , 4,000 people. the burg donated 2,000 to a young'un from west who had a health issue. the holden kid for the burg is awesome. would love to see him in scarlett n gray. if they get some cheeseburger sammiches in him, and protein with almost every meal. 6'6'' but not much meat on him. also plays secondary very well. great hands, very good speed, and catches the ball properly keeping it away from his body and cradles it in his hands well. very good technique with his hands. more and more I'm seeing college and high school players missing passes because the have their hands crossed up backwards. and I was very surprised seeing the size difference in west and burg. burg is very small across the line. but are very quick, and aggressive, and keep players from getting into their body with good work with their arms. flow to the ball well, execute blocks well, they stay with their blocks. excellent qb at the helm. they reminded me of a very small 1979 ironton team that went to akron and beat ASVSM, in the akron rubber bowl. they truly have the tools to win it all, if they play one game at a time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Matchups for round 2.
R17:
#1 South Range
#4 Manchester

#7 Wickliffe
#3 Black River

R18
#1 Eastwood
#5 Otsego

#3 Archbold
#2 Pleasant

R19
#1 Wheelersburg
#5 Columbus Academy

#2 Portsmouth West
#3 Johnstown Monroe

R20
#8 Reading
#5 West Jefferson

#2 Madison Senior
#3 CHCA

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thank you JollyPirate. I posted scores last night and was going to do this later today.

Twitter was amazing last night for following HS Football. I found Anna v Madison from a Cincinnati Enquirer reporter who retweeted a Middletown guy following the game. He said that Anna qb just threw a duck 45 yards and the Madison DB fell down and was really disappointed that Anna took the lead 10-7 with 2:45 to go. Then Madison struck late and his mood changed. Madison's first ever playoff game.

SCC and SE was amazing. SVC guy covered it. I guess that SCC stopped SE with 1:24 at their own 30. SE only had 1 timeout left. Game over. SCC up 40-36. Still in the shotgun..... SE linebacker says-- what the heck and blitzes through causes fumble and the rest is 4th down from the 7 history..... Ruby with the TD pass a name that Burg fans should recognize.

Another Cincinnati reporter covered WW and Chillicothe. Said there was no handshake after WW threw a bomb or Hail Mary last play up 61-27. Apparently Chillicothe called timeout to get kids on field and WW coach said...

Daytonsports covered all Dayton and Cincy games. 10tv had Central Ohio scores.

I was at Burg game and watching twitter all night. Great way to keep updated. If you want those follows just let me know.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Region 17 looks like 2 good games. Manchester is supposed to give South Range all they want.

Black River should come to the finals vs winner.

Region 18. Eastwood has already beaten Otsego once and easily at that. Alter would tell them to be careful though. Alter beat Chaminade Julienne by 3 scores week 10 only to see CJ beat them in week 11 easily.

Archbold v Pleasant should be a great game. Either one of these teams will push Pemberville in the finals.

Region 20 was a mess last night. I look for a West Jeff v CHCA final. And would favor CHCA to come out.

I still think Burg v Johnstown in Region 19 with Burg moving through. But it won't be easy.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Region 17

Canfield South Range v Sullivan Black River

Region 18

Pemberville Eastwood v Marion Pleasant

Region 19

Wheelersburg v Johnstown Monroe

Region 20

Madison v West Jefferson

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

By far the class of the area, always root for them to represent the area this time of year.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

PirateBB wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:51 pm I am still not sure of how good this Burg team is. They have put a running clock on 9/10 opponents and could have the other but chose not to score toward the end of that game. They played some good teams including West Portsmouth and Jackson.

My suspicion is that they will win it all, but I've been very wrong before. They have more BIG playmakers than I remember seeing on a high school team.

I do believe that this Burg team is on a mission. They have a lot to prove to the doubters, haters, and other parts of Ohio. I mean, when you defeat a very good 9-0 team and fall in the AP Rankings. Come On Man.

The mission starts tomorrow.

GO BURG!
We are sure rising in them now. Every time you step on that field, leave no doubts Pirates. #ReachHigher

Return to “Football”