2018 Southeastern Ohio Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: 2018

Post by smurray »

Otto wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:03 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:02 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 am

I think it'll be interesting to see how next season goes, I could see it going either way. My hope is that we are able to more or less reload rather than rebuild, but that can be difficult at the high school level. Some freshman and sophomores have gotten some great experience this year, especially since the Tigers have had the injury bug all season in different positions. I know the JV team did pretty well this year as well as the 8th grade team. Whether or not the kids can transition that success to the varsity level is yet to be determined. I'm excited to see what the Shanks boy can do at QB, assuming he's the one who takes over, I've heard some good things about him but haven't seen him play personally. As far as replacing Kritzy, my guess would be maybe Brooker, but their could be some other boys who could step up and take some snaps and I just may not be aware of the options.
Waverly loses several key players who were instrumental to back to back playoff appearances. However, the Tigers return some key players as well.
The key to Waverly's future success is not who they return NEXT year but what they do to continually get better and how do they get to the next level? That next level is competing with the Wheelersburg's, Nelsonville's, Germantown Valleyview's.
What I am excited to hear is Waverly has reached out to sources that will give these student athletes the opportunity to maximize their strength and conditioning. The physical difference between GVV and Waverly was obvious. GVV was bigger, stronger & faster. Waverly is taking measures to give their athletes every opportunity to get better, bigger, stronger, faster. Results wont happen overnight but if everyone buys into it we should see results in the near future.
It's whats needed to get to the next level. Clinton Massie has a phenomenal strength and conditioning program. They have some videos of their offseason stuff on youtube. It's a big reason they were able to compete with, and eventually overpower Valley View.
Exactly

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2018

Post by EasternDspy »

indianabuck wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:58 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 pm Fort Frye should be fantastic in 2018
I would say they could be the favorite for region 23 next year. Newark Catholic and Stubenville CC are always wildcards, but with what Fort has coming back, next year could be special for them.
I’m sure those programs are always good. East Knox is a program on the rise.

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Teams That Will Shock People In 2018

Post by farmer8 »

Thoughts???????????

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Re: Teams That Will Shock People In 2018

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Bishop Hartley. And in 2019. One heck of a sophomore class, and a bunch were varsity starters this season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:32 am Bishop Hartley. And in 2019. One heck of a sophomore class, and a bunch were varsity starters this season.
Why would a private school in Hartley that can attract athletes to their school be a shock? They should be good.
There is a whole page dedicated to recruiting on their athletic website for crying out loud. I hope Burg waxes them next year.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 amWhy would a private school in Hartley that can attract athletes to their school be a shock? They should be good.
They lost to Tri-Valley - a public school that works hard enough to compete with the privates.
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 amThere is a whole page dedicated to recruiting on their athletic website for crying out loud.
That's for kids looking to be recruited for college.
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 amI hope Burg waxes then next year.
Might not be the only team to do so. Heck of an aggressive up-schedule:
08/24 - at Toledo Central Catholic
08/31 - Wheelersburg
09/07 - Bishop Ready
09/14 - Chillicothe
09/21 - at Clinton Massie
09/28 - Bishop Watterson
10/06 - at Dayton Belmont
10/12 - at DeSales
10/19 - North Canton Hoover
10/26 - at St Charles

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble will probably have a shot at state
Athens QB will put up ridiculous numbers the next 3 years.hopefully no occ or Catholic school recruits him out

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:32 am Bishop Hartley. And in 2019. One heck of a sophomore class, and a bunch were varsity starters this season.
If Hartley wasnt good it would shock me

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 amWhy would a private school in Hartley that can attract athletes to their school be a shock? They should be good.
They lost to Tri-Valley - a public school that works hard enough to compete with the privates.
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 amThere is a whole page dedicated to recruiting on their athletic website for crying out loud.
That's for kids looking to be recruited for college.
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 amI hope Burg waxes then next year.
Might not be the only team to do so. Heck of an aggressive up-schedule:
08/24 - at Toledo Central Catholic
08/31 - Wheelersburg
09/07 - Bishop Ready
09/14 - Chillicothe
09/21 - at Clinton Massie
09/28 - Bishop Watterson
10/06 - at Dayton Belmont
10/12 - at DeSales
10/19 - North Canton Hoover
10/26 - at St Charles
Brutal schedule
May Work to burgs advantage to get Hartley the week after they play TCC

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

I think Wellston makes the the jump from a .500 season to a 7-3 type mark in 2018 and 2019. Not ready to win the TVC yet but I do think we will be more of a factor in the race than usual the next couple years. 7-3 may not be big deal for some teams but for us it is a major hump to get over the .500 mark.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dandy Don wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:28 pm I think Wellston makes the the jump from a .500 season to a 7-3 type mark in 2018 and 2019. Not ready to win the TVC yet but I do think we will be more of a factor in the race than usual the next couple years. 7-3 may not be big deal for some teams but for us it is a major hump to get over the .500 mark.
I agree

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will win 23 after being so close this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto will go 10-0 and host their first playoff game. Won't make any other predictions beyond that. The lack of improvement in their non conference schedule will likely hurt them by that point.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think Burg will shock some people on how good they will be next year as well. Defensively they will take a step back but they will be a juggernaut offensively.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hartley will up their work with the voucher program to bring in some top flight athletics to help them up their level of play.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm Unioto will go 10-0 and host their first playoff game. Won't make any other predictions beyond that. The lack of improvement in their non conference schedule will likely hurt them by that point.
10-0 depends on how good waverly is next year. As for the tanks I think they will have an elite defense. I will definitely be very let down if they don’t completely dominate svc play. Not just win a gold ball but dominate as for 10-0 they have a chance only time will tell.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm Unioto will go 10-0 and host their first playoff game. Won't make any other predictions beyond that. The lack of improvement in their non conference schedule will likely hurt them by that point.
10-0 depends on how good waverly is next year. As for the tanks I think they will have an elite defense. I will definitely be very let down if they don’t completely dominate svc play. Not just win a gold ball but dominate as for 10-0 they have a chance only time will tell.
Tigers will be a work in progress as they graduate a lot. Three big time offensive play makers, including first team all state QB, as well as some nice O lineman. Tigers do have some nice athletes returning and hopefully everyone will be healthy. The biggest ?? will be QB and DEFENSE.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 pm Hartley will up their work with the voucher program to bring in some top flight athletics to help them up their level of play.
Hartleys gonna end up in Division l if they keep up the recruiting. They will always be good they get most of the better athletes in their area

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I do hope Burgs gives them one heck of a game

Burg grad 85
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 pmHartley will up their work with the voucher program to bring in some top flight athletics to help them up their level of play.
Voucher enrollment at Hartley has plummeted. Wasn't a financially sustainable model so long as costs kept increasing at a rate much higher than the legislature was willing to up the voucher amount. It was a temporary necessity to stem the free-falling enrollment and stabilize the school. Tuition in Catholic schools is based on the actual cost of educating the kid. You take a tuition bill of $9180 and subtract a $6000 voucher and you get a $3180 loss per kid. That's too big of a gap for the full paying customers to agree to subsidize regardless of how great it might make the football team. There are 600ish families every year with nobody on the football team. Go find yourself a 6'4" eighth grader weighing 230 and take him to the open house and pretend to be a voucher eligible family. See how soon and how often you're told that you're still going to have to cough up that $3180. Even Burchfield will tell you that. Your information is out of date. As a football fan, you might have noticed that Marion Franklin, Eastmoor Academy, Independence, and Walnut Ridge have some pretty good players. Rent in Pickerington is cheap and tuition is free. Enroll that same kid in PYAA football and see how quickly they point out those facts. They might even pass out an apartment guide and make (and keep) a promise to drive the kid home from practice every day. And don't make me post another picture of the scrawny Hartley scholarship nerds.

Return to “Football”