2018 Southeastern Ohio Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Poo Bear
SEOP

2018 Southeastern Ohio Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by Poo Bear »

What does your team have coming back , losing, schedules , off season workouts ect ?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2018

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Will there be games on Aug 22(Wed) Crosstown Showdown games like there were in 2016?
Will Aug 23(Thursday be the first night of Thursday games)?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

For Unioto I think they will be better. They will lose a good athlete in fisher and Poole at rb. But they have a great young qb and carrol returns at rb. The line is intact as well. Def will lose Adkins and Brice at def end and klindhenst at backer. They will return scaggs and a host of dline and backers in the junior class. They will be thin in the secondary but I think overall they will be much better. But if you ask web at the gazette he will tell you they will likely win only a few games like he says every year. We have been strong in jv and junior high so I expect a svc title next year.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

For Ironton only time will tell. There is possibility of new coaching staff in Ironton nest year if the head coach steps down.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree with game day, it's anybodie's guess with the ironton fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

What I have heard from Ironton they are waiting to see if the head football coach steps down or not. If he does not the new/old BOE is prepared to take action. I am not sure what that means about taking actions but I am sure things must change! My vote is they clean house and get some coaches that know the game and can motivate the kids. If he stays there will be some kids leaving Ironton to go to other programs.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Fighting Tigers should improve on this season with them only losing 6 Seniors from this years Team. A lot of underclassmen got quite a bit of playing time with so few Seniors on the Team. Hopefully the Fighting Tigers have a good off season and they all work hard to improve, now's the time to get prepared.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Wellston loses mr.everything jayjohn they lose graham and a few other good starters. Only time will tell replacing jayjohn will be tough but believe that will fall in the hands of molihan

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens loses their two best WR's and two linebackers. Bring back a lot. Davis did throw for over 2,000 yards but Moore is a freak athlete but only a sophomore next year. Should be a great QB battle at Athens

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I believe Waverly graduates their two main cogs, Howell and Kritwizer, along with maybe 10 other seniors. The question becomes has Waverly's program evolved enough to where they can reload for another winning season or do they go into a rebuilding cycle?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:16 pm For Unioto I think they will be better. They will lose a good athlete in fisher and Poole at rb. But they have a great young qb and carrol returns at rb. The line is intact as well. Def will lose Adkins and Brice at def end and klindhenst at backer. They will return scaggs and a host of dline and backers in the junior class. They will be thin in the secondary but I think overall they will be much better. But if you ask web at the gazette he will tell you they will likely win only a few games like he says every year. We have been strong in jv and junior high so I expect a svc title next year.
I hope you're right. I'm excited to see Aiden Loeffler at QB, he has excellent size and it sounds like he's got a really nice arm too. Losing Fisher, Poole, Adkins, Bryce, and Klinedinst will hurt them in a variety of ways, but it should be fun seeing the younger kids grow as players as their roles grow.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Loedfler is the real deal he has everything. At a school like Unioto he is a once in a lifetime talent imo.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 pm Loedfler is the real deal he has everything. At a school like Unioto he is a once in a lifetime talent imo.
Please do not forget former Unioto great Dave Juenger when making comparisons. Special player for the Shermans 50 years ago

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Didn’t make a comparison to any players at all lol. I know Dave he was great. Unfortunately he isn’t gonna suit up for us in 2018.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Omega wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm I believe Waverly graduates their two main cogs, Howell and Kritwizer, along with maybe 10 other seniors. The question becomes has Waverly's program evolved enough to where they can reload for another winning season or do they go into a rebuilding cycle?
I think it'll be interesting to see how next season goes, I could see it going either way. My hope is that we are able to more or less reload rather than rebuild, but that can be difficult at the high school level. Some freshman and sophomores have gotten some great experience this year, especially since the Tigers have had the injury bug all season in different positions. I know the JV team did pretty well this year as well as the 8th grade team. Whether or not the kids can transition that success to the varsity level is yet to be determined. I'm excited to see what the Shanks boy can do at QB, assuming he's the one who takes over, I've heard some good things about him but haven't seen him play personally. As far as replacing Kritzy, my guess would be maybe Brooker, but their could be some other boys who could step up and take some snaps and I just may not be aware of the options.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

The 2018 Washington Blue Lions will return starting QB Dillon Steward who amassed over 2300 all-purpose yards and 27 Touchdowns in the Six games he played this season. At RB there will be a hole to fill as they lose Senior Jacob Rice who rushed for nearly 900 yards this season in 9 games. They do have some young talent to fill that need though. At WR they lose their leading receiver in Eli Ruth who had over 600 yards receiving and 8 touchdowns this season. They also lose Caleb Rice who played some slot receiver as well as DB this season. Returning at WR will be Junior Eli Lynch(500yds/7TD's) and Senior Richard Burns who also played some QB in Stewards absence. Up front they lose their best O-Lineman in Derrick Wade, he was a 3-Year starter for them at Guard. Also leaving is Senior Center Jacob Van Meter. They will return 3 starters on the O-Line next season. Defensively they will lose both DT's on the D-Line in Adrian Butterbaugh and Marcell Garrett. They return both DE's in Jalen Pettiford and also Caden Smith who missed most of the season with a knee injury. At MLB they lose leading tackler Trystan Uhl(74) but return second leading tackler Chase Sluder(60) for his Junior season. They will return both OLB's for next season as well as both CB's. They will lose starting safety Zane Nelson who was third on the team I believe in tackles(50) and led the team in Interceptions(4). He also played some WR. Overall they will lose 5 starters on offense and 4 starters on defense. They should be a much improved team next season as Coach Williamson enters his third year instilling his program. I know the numbers were up this year from last year. They should be a fun team to watch. I know Jackson and Chilli placed 1st and 2nd in the FAC but i also know they both lost their best player. (Maughmer/Chilli, McCoy/Jackson). I'm not sure who Chilli and Jackson have coming back and what the future looks like for them. Hillsboro seemed to be a young team and they look to be on the rise as well. It should be an exciting 2018 Football Season in the FAC!

SEOALLivesMatter
Waterboy

Post by SEOALLivesMatter »

Game day wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:09 am For Ironton only time will tell. There is possibility of new coaching staff in Ironton nest year if the head coach steps down.
Ironton's biggest mistake was leaving the SEOAL. Had they stayed, we'd have at least a 6 team very competitive league and I believe their success would have continued.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson will lose a lot , especially up front . They lose 4 year letterman Blake McCoy and Caleb storms . Also lose strong legged kicker mike benson. They do return most of the defense which a good place to build around. Jackson always seems to find a line and 2018 will be no different . I would think that Jackson will again compete for the FAC title and a playoff berth.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 pm Wellston loses mr.everything jayjohn they lose graham and a few other good starters. Only time will tell replacing jayjohn will be tough but believe that will fall in the hands of molihan
2018 offense
QB-RJ Kemp-Sophomore Docken Wheeler-Junior Jeremiah Frisby-Freshman
TE-Donnie Watters-Senior Austin Wilkett-Junior Eston Riley-Sophomore
RT-Josh Bodey-Junior Lawerence Louderback-Sophomore
RG-Jack Sulzer-Senior Brock Eggers-Sophomore
C-Nate Frisby-Senior Brandon Wilson-Junior Garrett Warnock-Sophomore
LG-Zach Howell-Junior Clay Linton-Sophomore
LT-Blake Clagg-Senior Kai West-Sophomore
TE-Garrett Patton-Junior Jordan Carey-Junior Hunter Smith-Sophomore Garrett O'Neill-Senior
FB-Nick Davis-Senior Jonathon Garvin-Sophomore Jacob Baisden-Junior
WB-JJ Bird-Junior Docken Wheeler-Junior Alec Daily-Senior
TB-Rylan Molihan-Junior Chase Ingalls-Sophomore
Last edited by hsfbfan on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

hsfbfan wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 pm
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 pm Wellston loses mr.everything jayjohn they lose graham and a few other good starters. Only time will tell replacing jayjohn will be tough but believe that will fall in the hands of molihan
My 2018 projected starting offense
QB-RJ Kemp-Sophomore
TE-Donnie Watters-Senior
RT-Josh Bodey-Junior
RG-Jack Sulzer-Senior
C-Nate Frisby-Senior
LG-Zach Howell-Junior
LT-Blake Clagg-Senior
TE-Garrett Patton-Junior
FB-Nick Davis-Senior or Jonathon Garvin-Sophomore or Jacob Baisden-Junior
WB-JJ Bird-Junior
TB-Rylan Molihan-Junior

More returners then i thought. I figured JJ would have his place.

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.

Return to “Football”