Wheelersburg 35 Columbus Academy 16 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

JTEK
All State

Re: #5 Columbus Academy vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by JTEK »

Was the ball tipped on the second play of game? Looked like Holden was tackled way before ball arrived. Defensive speed wouldn’t cause a kid to hold downfeild on the opposite side of the play 35 yds from the play. Had no issue with the 30 yd penalty. Was curious what the call was on the fake punt for td where they picked up the flag.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fbnut wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 am
fbnut wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:24 am I’d like to see some of those penalties on film
Games over Burg won let it go, take it in terms of they were all legit penalties and give the team to something to focus on for the week and that's cleaning up the mistakes made in the 1st half. If burg was having issues early on with CA's defensive speed it's easy to get holding calls. Burg won learn from it and move on no need in dwelling on something that matters ZERO now. Hindsight being 20/20 it's good to have to overcome adversity to win a game
Would just like to see them on film that’s all.
Understandable but when something like that is stated people start to run with it and think Burg didn't do these things. They done it because well it's was a penalty. They overcame and won, like I said should be motivation for things to clean up have a 1st half like that and dominate 2nd half the way they did is very impressive.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Not the start I thought, but the result was right around where I thought it would be.

Thanks to the two fans texting me updates on this one.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

JTEK wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 am Was the ball tipped on the second play of game? Looked like Holden was tackled way before ball arrived. Defensive speed wouldn’t cause a kid to hold downfeild on the opposite side of the play 35 yds from the play. Had no issue with the 30 yd penalty. Was curious what the call was on the fake punt for td where they picked up the flag.
I know. I was just being fickle. I could only assume the fake punt flag would have been an illegal man down field. The ball wasn’t tipped on the play you are referring to. I am fine with officials letting the teams play. But when they start to affect the outcome of a game. That’s when it has to stop.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 am
JTEK wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 am Was the ball tipped on the second play of game? Looked like Holden was tackled way before ball arrived. Defensive speed wouldn’t cause a kid to hold downfeild on the opposite side of the play 35 yds from the play. Had no issue with the 30 yd penalty. Was curious what the call was on the fake punt for td where they picked up the flag.
I know. I was just being fickle. I could only assume the fake punt flag would have been an illegal man down field. The ball wasn’t tipped on the play you are referring to. I am fine with officials letting the teams play. But when they start to affect the outcome of a game. That’s when it has to stop.
The call in question on that fake punt was a block in the back which happened right in front of where I was sitting and it appeared the kid from Wheelersburg didn’t really push the kid from CA and the kid from CA tried to sell it a little bit.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great article. Reminds me of the PDT”s of old.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 am

Great article. Reminds me of the PDT”s of old.
They are leaps and bounds better than last year. Good reading again.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Wheelersburg 35 Columbus Academy 16 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Bet writing the pdt has done in a couple years!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Is targeting not an automatic ejection in HS? That was the call on Burg on the 30 yards of penalty play on the Burg. Defense did step up and held them to a FG which was HUGE!!!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

If they picked up the flag, there wouldn’t be any call.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

The only thing that effects the outcome of the game is the play on the field. If it’s a foul it’s a foul, first minute or last minute. Otherwise why have rules? Reading this board, every week the common theme is Burg needs to clean up penalities.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I agree
Watched the zone broadcast last night he was tackled when the ball was still in the air. Watched the Holden td that was called back due to holding call. I watched it over and over and I couldn’t see it. Only two burg wideouts in the area of the flag both looked like good blocks

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

JTEK wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:40 am
I agree
Watched the zone broadcast last night he was tackled when the ball was still in the air. Watched the Holden td that was called back due to holding call. I watched it over and over and I couldn’t see it. Only two burg wideouts in the area of the flag both looked like good blocks
#71. Watch it again. Right as Holden passes him he grabs the dB for a spilt second. Enough to warrant the call.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Where he thru it I thought it was on the outside players
Can’t remember the # they said couldn’t here that on the zone broadcast

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

JTEK wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:52 am Where he thru it I thought it was on the outside players
Can’t remember the # they said couldn’t here that on the zone broadcast
I watched it a couple times to figure it out too. But it was a hold on 71. He was 5 yards from the back judge.

Return to “Football”