Wheelersburg 35 Columbus Academy 16 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: #5 Columbus Academy vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:05 pm Have any of you guys watched the Southern Ohio Sports Talk from the PDT? That Tsaggs boy has to be related to the kid that plays for West. He speaks like a true Sider thought. Always doubting Burg while the other 2 are true believers. 😂
Yes he is the brother of #26. He is also the one that was knocked down by a burg player before the game a few years ago that caused a lot trouble. We all remember that unfortunately.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:22 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:05 pm Have any of you guys watched the Southern Ohio Sports Talk from the PDT? That Tsaggs boy has to be related to the kid that plays for West. He speaks like a true Sider thought. Always doubting Burg while the other 2 are true believers. 😂
Yes he is the brother of #26. He is also the one that was knocked down by a burg player before the game a few years ago that caused a lot trouble. We all remember that unfortunately.
It’s remembered... funny how no one remembers the facts about it though!!

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Not going to make predictions on this game. I have followed Columbus Academy a bit in the Mid State League Ohio Division. Academy always has good athletes that can play with anybody. However, they do tend to the level of competition and end up losing to a team or 2 that they should beat or the score may be closer than expected. This year they lost to 2 good teams in London and Bloom Carroll. I do not think they played down to London or Bloom Carroll because they are 2 very good teams. London lost a very close game at Cincinnati Wyoming in the 1st round and Bloom Carroll is playing in 2nd round. I do find that when Academy is the underdog they do tend to play well. I see this with all sports teams at Academy- they do like to be the underdog. Columbus Academy does have a mystic name with their success in Ohio High School Sports. Most times they walk on the field the other team knows the success Academy has had in the past and there is a target on their back. However, this week playing Wheelersburg the target is not necessary on Academy because most do not expect Academy to win. Its interesting to see that there are many that are guessing when the game will go to a running clock with Wheelersburg winning. This may very well happen. However, I do expect Academy to relish this underdog roll, though its a good chance it will not lead to victory for them but I would not be surprised if the game is a 10 point or less margin.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

^excellent post. Thx bsee.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:43 pm
Lol like facts are even considered when most of the west fans post... dude just kickin an old turd tryin to make something smell worse than that beating they took week 10... nothing new to read here...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Bloom Carroll got waxed by John Glenn , in the first round of the playoffs, so there is no way they are playing week two.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Cpt. Obvious wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Lol like facts are even considered when most of the west fans post... dude just kickin an old turd tryin to make something smell worse than that beating they took week 10... nothing new to read here...
Wrong. Didn't really think much about it. Just saying he was the young man in the incident.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

GAME DAY!! GO BURG GO!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:11 pm
Cpt. Obvious wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Wrong. Didn't really think much about it. Just saying he was the young man in the incident.
You will always remember it the wrong way.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

GAME DAY BURG!!!!! roll into week 13!!!!!! SEO BEHIND YA 110%!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

They had a big article in the Columbus Dispatch about Academy this morning
I dont see academy brining that much people But might be wrong

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck to the Pirates.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Tonight on the cold field of battle, send those invaders from the north back home bruised and beaten. Victory will be yours my friends!!! BURG IS THE WORD

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Let’s go Burg.

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

Will this game be on the radio

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigerfan83 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:22 am Will this game be on the radio
Idk about any radio. But Burgfan.com will be covering it. 😉

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

bsee12345 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:07 pm Not going to make predictions on this game. I have followed Columbus Academy a bit in the Mid State League Ohio Division. Academy always has good athletes that can play with anybody. However, they do tend to the level of competition and end up losing to a team or 2 that they should beat or the score may be closer than expected. This year they lost to 2 good teams in London and Bloom Carroll. I do not think they played down to London or Bloom Carroll because they are 2 very good teams. London lost a very close game at Cincinnati Wyoming in the 1st round and Bloom Carroll is playing in 2nd round. I do find that when Academy is the underdog they do tend to play well. I see this with all sports teams at Academy- they do like to be the underdog. Columbus Academy does have a mystic name with their success in Ohio High School Sports. Most times they walk on the field the other team knows the success Academy has had in the past and there is a target on their back. However, this week playing Wheelersburg the target is not necessary on Academy because most do not expect Academy to win. Its interesting to see that there are many that are guessing when the game will go to a running clock with Wheelersburg winning. This may very well happen. However, I do expect Academy to relish this underdog roll, though its a good chance it will not lead to victory for them but I would not be surprised if the game is a 10 point or less margin.
Bloom Carroll lost to John Glenn 48-21 in the 1st round.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

One stat I liked.....only 2 teams shut Ready out this year.

Academy and Wheelersburg.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

From Columbus Dispatch predictions:
Columbus Academy’s players and coaches are feeding on being considered significant underdogs against a team that some are picking to win the state championship.

“It’s very easy to see why they’re 11-0,” Academy coach Robin Miller said. “They don’t make a lot of mistakes. They’re super, super balanced. They’ve got a ton of talent across the board. They’ve got kids who really jump out with their big-play potential. In all the film we watched, I don’t recall them missing one tackle.”

Wheelersburg, which has made the playoffs six straight seasons, has outscored its opposition 488-81.

Return to “Football”