Wheelersburg 35 Columbus Academy 16 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

hoot
Varsity

Re: Scores and Updates: #5 Columbus Academy vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by hoot »

That was a hell of a game. Burg struggled mightily in first half. 3rd qtr looked like their 1989 offense and started rolling and 4th qtr Burg ran Ironton’s 1979 Robust T and hammered Academy. Props to the coaching staff to make the 180 degree change they needed. Must play better next week from start to end .. keep it going..

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: #5 Columbus Academy vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by danicalifornia »

Decided to take in the 2nd half (I wasn't standing all night in that cold lol) and wow! Burg got the momentum rolling and just destroyed the Vikings. I would assume that they will need to play that way from the opening kick next week to advance, but that was really impressive

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Academy banner said NO BIG WHEEL

Guess Burg was a big deal

Amazing game!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Way to never quit and finish it out boys!!!! Great win tonight. Keep on rolling. People kept saying that Burg hasn't played a 4 quarter game all year. Well they weathered all the obstacles tonight and turned it up 5 notches in the second half. CA didn't know what hit them!! Enjoy the victory tonight and get to work tomorrow. Congrats to CA on a great year and maybe we'll meet again.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

As sbee said earlier, burg had to adjust to the speed. Buy it wasn’t their offensiv3 speed, it was their defensive speed we couldn’t adjust too! They ran over our pass protection and had good coverage on our receivers. Burg D kept us in the gam3 1st half. What’s the old saying “run at speed!” And that’s what burg did! Did CA get over 50yds in 2nd half? Bigcarlito and others keep saying burg looks slow. I agree that for whatever reason our receivers do not run fast routes. But our defense is nasty fast!! Give it to the coach that said this is what we gotta do on offense in 2nd half! He deserves a raise!! Nice job!! Man I’d hate to be the johnnies coach. Hopefully passing game can get back on track. And welcome back lightening!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:50 pm Wheelersburg is slow. Looks like just another pedestrian southern ohio team that folds like a lawn chair as soon as they see a talented team outside lawrence/scioto counties.
Way to slow😀
Folded at the half
You should have enjoyed the second half the burgs offense looked like what ironton use to be

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

seasick80 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:17 am As sbee said earlier, burg had to adjust to the speed. Buy it wasn’t their offensiv3 speed, it was their defensive speed we couldn’t adjust too! They ran over our pass protection and had good coverage on our receivers. Burg D kept us in the gam3 1st half. What’s the old saying “run at speed!” And that’s what burg did! Did CA get over 50yds in 2nd half? Bigcarlito and others keep saying burg looks slow. I agree that for whatever reason our receivers do not run fast routes. But our defense is nasty fast!! Give it to the coach that said this is what we gotta do on offense in 2nd half! He deserves a raise!! Nice job!! Man I’d hate to be the johnnies coach. Hopefully passing game can get back on track. And welcome back lightening!!!
Radio said they had around 160 some yards in the game 45 in the second half.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Nice game
As cold as it was i was sweating
way to hang in there and get it done.
congrats to C A on a good year

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Burgball#1 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 pm
donaldtrump wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:53 pm Burg exposed like I said earlier in the year... weaker than normal southeast football teams and when they play a team up north they get owned!!! Burg fans talking about running clocks...Yeah it might be a running the other way
35-16 burg - running our way
Haters gonna hate :roll:
:mrgreen: With envy

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I will add one thing, without watching Burg all season, the onside kick and fake punt were incredibly easy to see coming, I just don't know how CA wasn't better prepared for those. I think Burg wins regardless of how those two plays played out, but those were huge for the Pirates momentum.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

:o Their wives had not started singing yet...

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:30 pm The way everyone was talking on here burg was going to roll over this team
They did, there are always to halfs in football

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:51 pm Wheelersburg looks overwhelmed and slow.

Where are you now, it is okay you can be a Burg Fan!!!! :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

donaldtrump wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:53 pm Burg exposed like I said earlier in the year... weaker than normal southeast football teams and when they play a team up north they get owned!!! Burg fans talking about running clocks...Yeah it might be a running the other way

I see you are just a big of an idiot as the real one.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Way to take what the defense gives you and pass the gut check!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sport Fan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:44 am
BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:51 pm Wheelersburg looks overwhelmed and slow.

Where are you now, it is okay you can be a Burg Fan!!!! :lol:
Nope!!! Don’t want him or any of the other haters and don’t need them. Don’t need there well wishes or anything. If you aren’t man enough to come on here, after all the crap they were talking and congratulate Burg than stay out of our threads.

That game was INCREDIBLE by the way!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Yabba I was down on the goal line on south side of field watching 2 oh Carmichael’s TD runs and our oline was smacking them in the mouth! Man!! The helmets were popping like crazy!! What a great job by the oline on run blocking! Incredible

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Unbalanced line, full house backfield, fullback lead blocking? Didn't know we had it in us. Take what the D and weather gives you. True change happens when the fear of staying the same is more than the fear of change. Great job coaches. Learned a lot from Coshocten game last year in not trying to force what is not there, especially in 20 degree temperature. Had some doubts at halftime but was very impressed with 3rd quarter, going to running game when down 2 scores that would shorten the game...shows you the faith in these young men and offensive line. At least there were enough fans on Burg side to appreciate CA's talent and hard work...too bad your community does not support you more. With a $27,000/year investment, I would expect more involvement from the people writing the checks. Good season CA!! On to Johnstown Monroe, hopefully another great game. Go Burg!
Last edited by Burg94 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

seasick80 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:26 am Yabba I was down on the goal line on south side of field watching 2 oh Carmichael’s TD runs and our oline was smacking them in the mouth! Man!! The helmets were popping like crazy!! What a great job by the oline on run blocking! Incredible

That was an impressive show of offense in the 2nd half. They scored two TD’s in a span of two minutes just RUNNING the ball. WOW JUST WOW!!!!!

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Where o where has lil Carlito gone... where o where can he be.... he was last spotted down in irontown.. choking on feathers and down on his knees... maybe some day he will come back to us... and finally support our team.... but until then we won’t miss his ass... while Burg continues on to playoff game #3!!!!!

Return to “Football”