Nelsonville-York 26 Fort Frye 20 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: #4 Fort Frye vs. #1 Nelsonville-York

Post by EasternDspy »

It does not matter if you play them 1st round or 3rd you have to play these games to find out if you’re good enough. Tonight will find out just how much you have improved. You have proved me wrong all year.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Binary wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 am
Boston Creampuff wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:46 am Careful
Might start to sound like a troll
It's not tolls guys. You have the former OC and former DC from NY on here so I'd think they know a bit about Nelsonville football. Also, I've seen all season several NY posters claiming they'll walk through the region, and others proclaiming them TVC Champs from the beginning of the season. So not trolls, just reality. But apparently someone is getting nervous about all the hype, so they're trying to convince folks that it has to be trolls. LOL
ArmChairQB wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:50 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:10 pm Kinda funny people predicting 55-6 couldn’t even tell you what kind of defense Fort Frye plays. The lack of respect of out of some of the people on here is very entertaining.
Or even tell you what kind of offense the Buckeyes run!
Fort Frye runs a 4-4 and sometimes a 5-3 defense depending on the offense they are facing. NY runs the I, and also shotgun with 1 back and no back. They like to run the ball featuring their TB, and also run the FB more than most teams. They have designed runs for the QB as well. They sprinkle in the option here and there. They have 4 good receivers that can flat out fly, and their TB is also an excellent receiver.

So I know a little about both, and I say a running clock will begin at some point in the 3rd quarter with NY rolling into the regional finals.
I talked to a few of the Nelsonille people during the site visit and their coaches are relieved that they won't have to face region 24 in the state semis. They didn't say anything about a running clock but they are thinking they have a smooth road to the finals. I hope they get there and win one for SEO.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

I talked to a few of the Nelsonille people during the site visit and their coaches are relieved that they won't have to face region 24 in the state semis. They didn't say anything about a running clock but they are thinking they have a smooth road to the finals. I hope they get there and win one for SEO.
[/quote]

I'm sure the NY faithful and coaches are worried about Fort Frye and Fort Frye only this week. Plus if you knew anything about the state Semi's then you would know that it is not determined who will play each other until that Sunday. They redo the brackets based on mileage. So you never know who you will play until regional finals are over.

As for tonight this should be a good one to take in. Should be a good ole slobber knocker.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The winner of this region will likely get Kirtland. The Ohsaa wants Kirtland vs Marion Local state final. The two best teams from D5-D7

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:28 pm The winner of this region will likely get Kirtland. The Ohsaa wants Kirtland vs Marion Local state final. The two best teams from D5-D7
The winner of this region will get smacked in the mouth and embarrassed by Kirtland or Marion Local. Kudos to whoever makes it, but there won't be a local team bringing a state title back to Southeast Ohio

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Congratulations to Garrett Maiden for being selected as district POY!
Also to
Keegan Wilburn and Donavon Mccollister 1st team all district
Colt Yinger, Ronnie Wend, and Tyler Speelman 1st team Defense!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

tomcat fan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:09 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:28 pm The winner of this region will likely get Kirtland. The Ohsaa wants Kirtland vs Marion Local state final. The two best teams from D5-D7
The winner of this region will get smacked in the mouth and embarrassed by Kirtland or Marion Local. Kudos to whoever makes it, but there won't be a local team bringing a state title back to Southeast Ohio
Wheelersburg. Their division sucks

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

footballfan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 pm I talked to a few of the Nelsonille people during the site visit and their coaches are relieved that they won't have to face region 24 in the state semis. They didn't say anything about a running clock but they are thinking they have a smooth road to the finals. I hope they get there and win one for SEO.
I'm sure the NY faithful and coaches are worried about Fort Frye and Fort Frye only this week. Plus if you knew anything about the state Semi's then you would know that it is not determined who will play each other until that Sunday. They redo the brackets based on mileage. So you never know who you will play until regional finals are over.

As for tonight this should be a good one to take in. Should be a good ole slobber knocker.
[/quote]

Pal, I'm just telling you what they said. I hope they are right, and they win it all.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Wheelersburg. Their division sucks
Guess I should've clarified, meant regardless as to who wins out of NY and FF, the end of the road will be against the above mentioned teams. I do believe Burg can bring one back to SEO

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

As for this game I have NY winning by 2 scores, then running clock next week

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

NY 42
FF 13

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Thanks for the support. .let it play out and see what happens. .ya never know

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I don't know much about either team but I have to go with NY in this one.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a big crowd. Went to FF vs Newark Catholic game last year. They had a lot of fans

H-back
Freshman Team

Post by H-back »

Start time and address to field???

mattash
Site Admin

Scores and Updates: #4 Fort Frye vs. #1 Nelsonville-York

Post by mattash »

Post them here

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NY54
Waterboy

Post by NY54 »

H-back wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:40 pm Start time and address to field???
7:30

101 3rd Ave, New Lexington, OH 43764

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Buckeyes

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Scores and Updates: #4 Fort Frye vs. #1 Nelsonville-York

Post by rickoshay »

NY 7