Nelsonville-York 26 Fort Frye 20 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: #4 Fort Frye vs. #1 Nelsonville-York

Post by EasternDspy »

NYBucksFan2017 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:55 am Come on NY Fans stop shooting down a team we we barely beat, I predicted a 21-14 win but to predict something like 42-7 which I saw is insane Fort Frye and Nelsonville are the top two teams in the region and just because we were able to pull out the W against Fort Frye that doesn't mean we can go nuts and predict these insane scores over Coal Grove if we come in with a big head like I think our team did the 2nd half we will get our buts kicked we were lucky that Fort missed their PAT. If we come in thinking we are going up against the best team ever I think we will do way better. I don't like reading posts about crappy NY fans when we have the people to create a good community even with the opposing team. I'm not saying we can't throw shade but just know when enough is enough. Congrats to Fort Frye on an amazing season.NUFF Said
Thank you! A lot of the people trashing Fort are not even from NY!

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

What a Game! NY owned the 1st 3 qtrs. Then the Cadets took over. It was a great game by TWO very good football teams. I find it hard to believe their are still people on here talking how much better NY is than FF. A muffed extra point with less than 30 seconds left in the game and the buckeyes are at basketball practice Monday. These teams were very evenly matched. NY moves on, good luck next Friday against Coal Grove.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This was a legendary game will be talking bout forever

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort had success with the slip screen and the option/Shovel pass off the option.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:57 pm NY 42
Fort Frye 21
Don’t quit your day job.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Definitely an instant classic. 2 good programs that both played their hearts our tonight. Just thought the Buckeyes just had a little too much speed for the cadets. They got caught up going full bore to stop the run and Maiden, Wilburn, and Cook made them pay with no safety over top to help. Good Luck Next Week Buckeyes. Beat Coal Grove.

Cadet4life
Waterboy

Post by Cadet4life »

Good old SEO Preps. I see nothing has changed. Still have terrible fans setting terrible examples for their respective programs. Folks still getting the on here knowing very little if nothing about football. Soooo.....if you said anything about a running clock or 50+ points or any other asinine comment like that just know I’m talking about you. That being said we all got to witness another great game by 2 really good programs tonight. After reading this thread though and all the NY posts I can only say one thing......GO HORNETS!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 am
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:57 pm NY 42
Fort Frye 21
Don’t quit your day job.
I do not think he has one.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I think ArmChair QB summed it up best. Next week the Bucks need to keep playing to Win. Not play to NOT LOSE And I totally agree. From what I saw they got comfortable with that lead and did not keep their Aggression going through out the Game. You could feel it in the Air last night. Last night had a totally different atmosphere than that Shadyside game. NY kept that throttle wide open last week. Last night they throttled back and it almost Cost them. Stick with your game BUCKS and PLAY Wide Open throughout. Don't Deviate from what Got you Here and you will be Fine...GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NELSONVILLE YORK BUCKEYES ON A BIG WIN AND AN AWESOME YEAR OF OHIO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, THAT SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME WITH COAL GROVE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:10 am What a Game! NY owned the 1st 3 qtrs. Then the Cadets took over. It was a great game by TWO very good football teams. I find it hard to believe their are still people on here talking how much better NY is than FF. A muffed extra point with less than 30 seconds left in the game and the buckeyes are at basketball practice Monday. These teams were very evenly matched. NY moves on, good luck next Friday against Coal Grove.
That would be Wrestling Practice!!!! Preseason 4th in the state D3.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

NYHS18 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 am Thought they had the best defense in Seo?
I am curious. In 4 quarters of football, Nelsonville scored 20 points, their lowest output of the season. Why do you think that happened? Nelsonville put up some points because they are a top notch high school football team.

My final word: Before the year. I predicted Fort Frye would win 6-8 games. After graduation, they had question marks all over the field. The boys obviously worked hard and grew up fast. They surpassed most expectations and have every reason to be proud today.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

efarns wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:31 am
NYHS18 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 am Thought they had the best defense in Seo?
I am curious. In 4 quarters of football, Nelsonville scored 20 points, their lowest output of the season. Why do you think that happened? Nelsonville put up some points because they are a top notch high school football team.

My final word: Before the year. I predicted Fort Frye would win 6-8 games. After graduation, they had question marks all over the field. The boys obviously worked hard and grew up fast. They surpassed most expectations and have every reason to be proud today.
Fort put out a heck of a TEAM effort.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

efarns wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:31 am

Definetly the best D in SEO award would go to FF!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Nelsonville-York 26 Fort Frye 20 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Had an ole buddy tell me this one would be close right before the kick off. Good OT win for NY. Congrats to the Buckeyes.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Ny went away with what got them the lead..
Fort made adjustments and made it a ball game.
Congrats to ff ..hopefully see yall next season

Big cat
Freshman Team

Post by Big cat »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 am This game was instant classic it was a great game. Fort wore the Buckeyes down if they just go for 2 from 1 doubt Buckeyes stop them. Is NY the better team yes but not by much. Fort was more phyiscal tonignt.
Yes, extra points are no given in HS football.
Too many things can go wrong, especially in those temps.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Did anyone see the stat totals? Marietta times didn’t have the rushing totals

Maiden 221 passing
Engle 171

Olderbird
Waterboy

Post by Olderbird »

Ok now lets all b real for a min. NY had the better athletes and hard to argue that. NY was 2TD better team. Before u all start in me listen.
1. I'm not from NY
2. I'm a realist
3. FF coach has my total respect. He didn't call timeouts when many thought he should and had total confidence in his team.
4. NY started the clock milking too early
5. PAT is never a given in high school football
6. Refs were over their head a little and got flag happy in second half
7. I would really b interested in what would have happened if FF catches ball before half.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Olderbird wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:27 pm Ok now lets all b real for a min. NY had the better athletes and hard to argue that. NY was 2TD better team. Before u all start in me listen.
1. I'm not from NY
2. I'm a realist
3. FF coach has my total respect. He didn't call timeouts when many thought he should and had total confidence in his team.
4. NY started the clock milking too early
5. PAT is never a given in high school football
6. Refs were over their head a little and got flag happy in second half
7. I would really b interested in what would have happened if FF catches ball before half.
Would say Nelsonville had the faster teams and more players at the skilled positions. That being said Fort Frye is tougher and more phyiscal team. Just wish Fort would of played cover 2. That’s not what got them here though they run a 4/4 with 1 Safety it’s the bread and butter.

Return to “Football”