Post by Orange and Brown »

Ouch!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ttomcat 80
JV Team

Re: #7 East vs. #6 River

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Think river takes Danville down.They are not as good as advertised.Trimble made them work for their win.Held them to 7 points 2nd half.Trimble had a fumble on the 28 after opening 3rd qt. kick off and driving.Then dropped a sure pick 6.If river has a running game you can eat up the clock and yards,their run defense not that good.Also their are 2 players 62,66 and a few others that's let's say a little over aggressive.Just watch your backs.Flags was throwed but not enough.Good luck river seo.

:roll: cats :roll:
Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:57 pm Think river takes Danville down.They are not as good as advertised.Trimble made them work for their win.Held them to 7 points 2nd half.Trimble had a fumble on the 28 after opening 3rd qt. kick off and driving.Then dropped a sure pick 6.If river has a running game you can eat up the clock and yards,their run defense not that good.Also their are 2 players 62,66 and a few others that's let's say a little over aggressive.Just watch your backs.Flags was throwed but not enough.Good luck river seo.
Watched them both play, River beats Danville +21. Would be surprised if River doesn’t play in the big dance.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to East on a quality season and getting that 1st ever playoff win. Wish the game could've been more competitive but you have those games and I think River is playing some pretty darn good ball right now.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Can someone please tell me what was East's offense like before last night because I'm at a loss to even guess what they were trying to do ???? Not being an a-hole but I expected a much more competitive game out of a team from the southland!!!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Good season Tartans. Build upon this and come back even stronger next year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Scores and Updates: #7 East vs. #6 River

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Paladin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 pm Huge embarrassment for SEO
FORTUNATELY MOST DON'T THINK LIKE YOU PALADIN. WE ARE PROUD OF OUR YOUTH, I MYSELF CONGRATULATE THE EAST TARTANS ON ANOTHER FINE YEAR OF OHIO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. AND I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Why?? They upset the #2 seed in Waterford last week which no one gave them a chance. Then went on to play the team that upset #3 HP who people were picking to go far. Did they get it handed to them yep they did but to call it an embarrassment for SEO is just being ignorant.

nerkfan
JV Team

Re: River 59 East 8 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Post by nerkfan »

Danville by 11

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:52 am
FORTUNATELY MOST DON'T THINK LIKE YOU PALADIN. WE ARE PROUD OF OUR YOUTH, I MYSELF CONGRATULATE THE EAST TARTANS ON ANOTHER FINE YEAR OF OHIO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. AND I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU.
Paladin is just an old man who tried being an coach and was a miserable failure. Now he’s just a hater

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Actually, Paladin had some success as a coach, but also had a wife and 4 kids and didn't see a good income future for the family as a coach/teacher. Smart move as going to private corporation employment brought significant riches from earnings and saving and investing brought small fortune stock market riches. Retired on a pension, SS and investment income is quite comfortable, thank you. And great enjoyment pointing out realities on the Internet to sports fans who are clueless about substandard sports teams. In good health, so I look forward to many, many years of Internet bliss.

LOL

Have gun, will travel
Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:31 am Actually, Paladin had some success as a coach, but also had a wife and 4 kids and didn't see a good income future for the family as a coach/teacher. Smart move as going to private corporation employment brought significant riches from earnings and saving and investing brought small fortune stock market riches. Retired on a pension, SS and investment income is quite comfortable, thank you. And great enjoyment pointing out realities on the Internet to sports fans who are clueless about substandard sports teams. In good health, so I look forward to many, many years of Internet bliss.

LOL
Sounds like you are miserable

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

A few thoughts:

- Sometimes I might find myself agreeing with Paladin, but I can’t get behind this one. Just too callous and unnecessary, and past that it doesn’t even point out what went wrong here.

- East has a good coach, and a good collection of kids that can play together as one. As much as they can play ‘as a team,’ the jury is out on whether or not they were a solid team across all 11 positions, offense and defense. I think that’s fair to call into question when you get blown out by 50.

- I have no problem with seven divisions, and as the fan of a team in the same region, I’m not going to pish-posh the accomplishments of any team making week 11 and beyond. With that said, every postseason for the five years we’ve had Region 25/27, I only see three or four “truly good” TEAMS each year that have what it takes to play playoff-caliber football. I’m talking about fundamentally sound, well-coached, disciplined and complete teams. I would say East is well-coached and does execute fundamentals, based on what I saw past couple of years, but I don’t think they’re disciplined and I don’t think they’re complete.

- The only programs I’ve seen the past couple of years that’d befit the above descriptions would be Trimble, Danville, and Shadyside. I would also throw in last year’s Waterford squad, as well as the Caldwell and Paint Valley teams that made it a few years ago. Additionally, River would fit all of the above criteria.

- I understand East can’t control the fact that the SOC I was woefully bad, and that Alexander was down, but to get whipped by 50 in round 2 is the product of inadequacies mentioned above; playing a schedule where 7-8 of the teams were just horrible; and playing a team whose schedule was exceptionally difficult.

Return to “Football”