Johnstown Monroe 35 West 6 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Sweeper23
Waterboy

Re: #3 Johnstown Monroe vs. #2West

Post by Sweeper23 »

Calhoun has 114 yards on 9 carries... West has got to do something about that! :oops:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Scores and Updates: #3 Johnstown Monroe vs. #2West

Post by BigBlueNation »

JM too much speed on both side of ball. Man they can run the football and we can't tackle.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Where is everyone going
It’s not over yet

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Typical southern team in the playoffs

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

JM has scored every possession and have ran it right down our throat.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

You tried west

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

14svt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:02 pm Typical southern team in the playoffs
I'm choking on some crow right now. Never thought it would be like this. That is a tough football team. I'll also say we didn't have a spark like we usually do . But is what it is

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Great season west

SOC 1
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Give props to JM. They are an outstanding football team. Just too much speed in the backfield. West could not stop them.

Still an outstanding year for West. We are going in the right direction.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Westfan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:17 pm Give props to JM. They are an outstanding football team. Just too much speed in the backfield. West could not stop them.

Still an outstanding year for West. We are going in the right direction.
Agree 100%

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Thank you I get to head of myself and I have to quit bashing people
Props to West

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Much like I expected it to be.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Now on to Burg

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

Worst of luck Jtown hope burg kills ya :)

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Congrats to Johnstown on the win
Congrats to West on a great season
Hope you continue to be back on track.

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Great season West...very impressed with what coach Johnson is doing. Sure you would have taken a 10-2 season if offered in July. Glad to see things going in the right direction! Now hit the weights, Will see you week 10 next year...

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Johnstown has an outstanding team. Speed everywhere and we didn't tackle very well tonight and that is a bad combination. Congrats on the win,the better team won tonight.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I knew JM had a good history in football.
I wasn't aware that last year JM was D4. That makes more sense on the size of the band and numbers of players. They have evidently got bumped down a division when the private schools got moved up with competitive balance.

Last year in 2016 as Division 4 Johnstown had a 10-1 record and they lost to Steubenville in the second round of the playoffs 26 to 8. Steubenville lost by 3 to Bishop Hartley in the State Championship.

In 2015 as Division 4 Johnstown had a 12-1 record and they lost to Steubenville in the third round of the playoffs. Steubenville lost again to Bishop Hartley in the State Championship by 3.

In 2014 as Division 4 Johnstown was 8-3 and lost a close game to Steubenville in the playoffs. Steubenville lost in the State Semifinals.

So basically the seniors on Johnstown were very experienced in the Division 4 playoffs. If you ever go to the State Championships there is a big difference from Division 4 to Division 5. There is no shame loosing to Johnstown. West needs to use this experience and come back stronger next year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am I knew JM had a good history in football.
I wasn't aware that last year JM was D4. That makes more sense on the size of the band and numbers of players. They have evidently got bumped down a division when the private schools got moved up with competitive balance.

Last year in 2016 as Division 4 Johnstown had a 10-1 record and they lost to Steubenville in the second round of the playoffs 26 to 8. Steubenville lost by 3 to Bishop Hartley in the State Championship.

In 2015 as Division 4 Johnstown had a 12-1 record and they lost to Steubenville in the third round of the playoffs. Steubenville lost again to Bishop Hartley in the State Championship by 3.

In 2014 as Division 4 Johnstown was 8-3 and lost a close game to Steubenville in the playoffs. Steubenville lost in the State Semifinals.

So basically the seniors on Johnstown were very experienced in the Division 4 playoffs. If you ever go to the State Championships there is a big difference from Division 4 to Division 5. There is no shame loosing to Johnstown. West needs to use this experience and come back stronger next year.
Not sure there is that big of a difference. Bishop Hartley said they were glad to get moved to D4. That way they could win state without Coldwater being in the picture.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Sweeper23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 pm West is getting man handled by the running game. They come up with a play every time we are in position to make a stop. Major halftime adjustments or this one gets out of hand.

I agree! Coach Johnson needs to light a fire under their *** or this one is going to get wayyyyyy out of control. From not being able to keep the sideline under control to getting pushed around on both sides of the ball, West needs to get it together immediately in the second half or this one is over. JM starts the half with the ball, West needs a solid stop on defense to get the half started right.
What is going on with the side lines? I thought them type issues were in the past!

Return to “Football”