Johnstown Monroe 35 West 6 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: RD2 (9-2) Johnstown Monroe vs. (10-1) West

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sportsfan_guy_74 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:52 am
Westfan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 am
Jolly(senator wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:00 am
They moved the ball pretty well on burg too. They can't execute when they get inside the 40 as he said. Play calling has really killed us in the redzone
Playcalling has been greatly effected by the loss of #30. He is probably a top 5 player in the area on both sides. Not only a runner with speed but an excellent blocker.
where you at now jolly pirate the west side gang is up now. you dont want none baby
I have been working 7 12’s on the night shift for the past 3.5 weeks. I like to sleep when I get a chance homie. Jolly P don’t hide from nobody b

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:22 pm
Hylander wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:40 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 am
Team Statistics:
Total Yards: Wb 399, PW 254
Rushing Yards: Wb 96 (25 carries), PW 45 (35 carries)
Passing Yards: Wb 303, PW 209
Passing: Wb 18/26, PW 13/25/1
First Downs: Wb 17, PW 11
Penalties: Wb 3/20, PW 3/15
Turnovers: Wb 0, PW 1
Time: Wb 19:13, PW 28:47

35 yard pass when the qb was out of bounds.. and 75 yards on one play.. I wouldn’t exactly call that moving the football. But again.. west fans don’t like facts... good luck this week west..
If you take away Burg's big plays too, then they didn't move the football either. :lol:

All joking aside, there is a decent point there. 254 yards is fairly average for a high school game. Whether you want to believe it or not, they DID move the football down the field some. However, they just couldn't convert past the 40-yard line. I believe they had five or six turnovers on downs on Wheelersburg's side of the field.

If West can avoid stalling out in the opponent's territory and get at least 3 points off of those drives, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to win this game.

Wow I wander why they turned they ball over five or six times on downs???? Answer is the Burg stopped them every time !!!!! Burg mush better Team.. Period... 41 to 7 should say it all...
What is the point being made here? I'm talking about West's struggles scoring and you're trying to emphasize how great of a team Burg is for its own sake. Don't do that, it's annoying.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

:lol: :roll: :roll:
Hylander wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:13 pm
If you take away Burg's big plays too, then they didn't move the football either. :lol:

All joking aside, there is a decent point there. 254 yards is fairly average for a high school game. Whether you want to believe it or not, they DID move the football down the field some. However, they just couldn't convert past the 40-yard line. I believe they had five or six turnovers on downs on Wheelersburg's side of the field.

If West can avoid stalling out in the opponent's territory and get at least 3 points off of those drives, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to win this game.

Wow I wander why they turned they ball over five or six times on downs???? Answer is the Burg stopped them every time !!!!! Burg mush better Team.. Period... 41 to 7 should say it all...
What is the point being made here? I'm talking about West's struggles scoring and you're trying to emphasize how great of a team Burg is for its own sake. Don't do that, it's annoying.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Hylander wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:13 pm

:lol: :roll: :roll:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: #3 Johnstown Monroe vs. #2West

Post by BigBlueNation »

Was wondering if Berry would be back this week. If anyone knows.

Sportsfan_guy_74
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan_guy_74 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 pm Was wondering if Berry would be back this week. If anyone knows.
No sir he will not

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the west siders Friday night.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 pm Was wondering if Berry would be back this week. If anyone knows.
He's likely out for the season sadly...

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Go Johnnies let’s get this Win

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

14svt wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:43 am Go Johnnies let’s get this Win
West shuts down the run game which hasn't happened much this year but if they play like I know they can they'll win by 14+. Johnstown can't pass nor is good at pass coverage and west is a decent passing team if the line gives bradford time.

Pirates84
Waterboy

Post by Pirates84 »

I'd love to see West pull away with this one, get to see another Burg and West battle

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Jolly(senator wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:16 am
West shuts down the run game which hasn't happened much this year but if they play like I know they can they'll win by 14+. Johnstown can't pass nor is good at pass coverage and west is a decent passing team if the line gives bradford time.
What’s so funny is Johnstown is getting there pass quarterback back this game to 100% that can throw also jtown has a couple pass plays they have used couple times Nice halfback pass they use and this years team is decent with the pass coverage from recent years
I see Jtown running game wearing West Defense down and controlling the clock Jtown has played a better schedule then these last 2 teams that gets them ready
Yes jtown has 2 loses but those were some good teams that are still in the playoffs

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

14svt wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:33 am
What’s so funny is Johnstown is getting there pass quarterback back this game to 100% that can throw also jtown has a couple pass plays they have used couple times Nice halfback pass they use and this years team is decent with the pass coverage from recent years
I see Jtown running game wearing West Defense down and controlling the clock Jtown has played a better schedule then these last 2 teams that gets them ready
Yes jtown has 2 loses but those were some good teams that are still in the playoffs
With the offense that west runs they're going to have a big passing night considering the film I've watched the flats are open and the middle almost everytime I just don't see anyone on jtown stopping staggs... west is a very conditioned team and if anything they've tired the other teams they have played this year except for burg because of the depth they have. Jtowns back field is quick but small from what I've seen but they run hard but west hits hard and has a nose for the football. Looking forward to a cold hard nosed football game tm. Go WEST!!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Don't think they have but has West had a back run for over 100 yards against them this season. MF backs were close but didn't reach 100.

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

Would love to see Burg-West rematch but I have a feeling the Johnnies may be too much. Good Luck West!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Jolly(senator wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:37 pm

With the offense that west runs they're going to have a big passing night considering the film I've watched the flats are open and the middle almost everytime I just don't see anyone on jtown stopping staggs... west is a very conditioned team and if anything they've tired the other teams they have played this year except for burg because of the depth they have. Jtowns back field is quick but small from what I've seen but they run hard but west hits hard and has a nose for the football. Looking forward to a cold hard nosed football game tm. Go WEST!!!
Small in the back field
Lb average 210-220
Jtown dline small small but very fast
West qb is going to have to get the ball out fast
And Jtown hits hard also
Last edited by 14svt on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

14svt wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:02 pm
Jolly(senator wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Small in the back field
Lb average 210-220
Are the Lb's running the ball?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I would not be shocked if this is another running clock game. I will stick with my prediction though. Johnnies win by 21-28.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Hmm
Mark my word
Barasch is Small But very,very Fast
Orders 6-0 210
Myers 6–1 185
You have a full back 5–10 260 Wow
Jtown o line is big you will see
I’m just saying stop the run You beat Johnstown