Johnstown Monroe 35 West 6 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Re: RD2 (9-2) Johnstown Monroe vs. (10-1) West

Post by Jolly(senator »

I think west will pull away if their coaches run plays to set up other plays I've noticed lately that they've just been running the same plays over and over again. The game Friday should have been 28-6 west with all the redzone 3 and outs they had it was terrible. They have the talent and speed that you need to beat this team. Their coach was a coach at liberty union before west so he know's this team decently. I think west will pull away in the 2nd half as they've done all season. West 28-Jtown14...Goodluck to both teams!

Sportsfan_guy_74
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan_guy_74 »

Jolly(senator wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 am I think west will pull away if their coaches run plays to set up other plays I've noticed lately that they've just been running the same plays over and over again. The game Friday should have been 28-6 west with all the redzone 3 and outs they had it was terrible. They have the talent and speed that you need to beat this team. Their coach was a coach at liberty union before west so he know's this team decently. I think west will pull away in the 2nd half as they've done all season. West 28-Jtown14...Goodluck to both teams!
I definitely agree little dude.. Goodluck to west lol not jtown. SEO!!!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sill going with J-Town by 21 or 28.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:31 am Sill going with J-Town by 21 or 28.
They're not a good passing team from what I've seen. I don't think they'll be able to cover staggs he'll be a threat all game.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:31 am Sill going with J-Town by 21 or 28.
Don't know a whole lot about Johnstown, besides they have a pretty good program. That aside, Burg is by far the best team in this Region. West played them hard, and they still beat them by the margin that they did. I'll eat crow if it happens, but their is no way I see a 28 point win. West way too tough and physical, with a good run defense to give up that I think. Unless they can exploit us with the pass. That's the only way I could see a score like that.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 am
Don't know a whole lot about Johnstown, besides they have a pretty good program. That aside, Burg is by far the best team in this Region. West played them hard, and they still beat them by the margin that they did. I'll eat crow if it happens, but their is no way I see a 28 point win. West way too tough and physical, with a good run defense to give up that I think. Unless they can exploit us with the pass. That's the only way I could see a score like that.
If west doesn't turn the ball over and the line backers fill the holes as they're supposed to. I can't say it enough west is a physical mean team with a nose for the football. They play with a chip on their shoulder and pass the ball good they should win. Stop the run it's over for Jtown.

UKblue4ever1968
Waterboy

Post by UKblue4ever1968 »

I cant see anyone running on this west team for a whole 4 quarters.. JM will get yards here and there, And has stated before we have already faced the best front 7 in this region and did fine with the run it was the pass that hurt us by burg and for that matter we was,nt the only team to be hurt by burgs passing every team they have played has fell prey to it..................They have WAY too many weapons to cover stop 1 and the other 6 or 7 hurt you........my 2 cents worth is west takes this game by one T.D. or less and sets up a rematch with burg.....Dont get mad im a born and breed sider/senator.............depending what you want to call them......but also a realist sometimes you are just outmaned.But if both win we will atleast have a S.O.C. team at the state final 4.

bassmaster-6604
Waterboy

Post by bassmaster-6604 »

bassmaster-6604 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 pm I have seen Portsmouth West in person 2 times [ wheelersburg and Waverly] and Johstown [oakhill]1 time and have watched both teams on hudl alot, they look alot alike !!!!! Both offenses run alot of the same looks,and about same size,Johnstown a little bigger,West a little quicker. Defensively west also a little quicker overall but Johnstown front 4 quicker than West front 4.Neither team has a great pass defense,this game will be won on which team can mix in some timely passes, with that being said I think West has a better passing game. I am taking West 24-14. I can see the west kicker being big in this game,that kid has a leg !!!

bassmaster-6604
Waterboy

Post by bassmaster-6604 »

14svt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 pm
bassmaster-6604 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 pm I have seen Portsmouth West in person 2 times [ wheelersburg and Waverly] and Johstown 1 time and have watched both teams on hudl alot, they look alot alike !!!!! Both offenses run alot of the same looks,and about same size,Johnstown a little bigger,West a little quicker. Defensively west also a little quicker overall but Johnstown front 4 quicker than West front 4.Neither team has a great pass defense,this game will be won on which team can mix in some timely passes, with that being said I think West has a better passing game. I am taking West 24-14. I can see the west kicker being big in this game,that kid has a leg !!!
Who did you see Johnstown play ?
Oakhill

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Ground n pound Football Johnstown style

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:41 am Ground n pound Football Johnstown style
Gonna see the same for some West Side style. My favorite kind of games to watch.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Best of luck to the Senators.
If nothing else wear them out for the Pirates. :)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg Bias wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:00 pm Best of luck to the Senators.
If nothing else wear them out for the Pirates. :)
😆

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Look I’m a realist and even though I’m pulling for West to win, realistically I don’t see them beating the Johnnies.
Just like with us I think they are just over matched. I don’t think that they will be able to move the ball against their defense, leaving them to make plays through the air in which they make too many mistakes causing costly turnovers. I also don’t think that they have the discipline on defense to play well enough against their potent running attack. I really hope I’m wrong, but that doesn’t happen often. ;)

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

West just needs to come out and play mistake free hard nose football and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to West play hard and bring home a W!!!

Sportsfan_guy_74
Waterboy

Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:50 pm Look I’m a realist and even though I’m pulling for West to win, realistically I don’t see them beating the Johnnies.
Just like with us I think they are just over matched. I don’t think that they will be able to move the ball against their defense, leaving them to make plays through the air in which they make too many mistakes causing costly turnovers. I also don’t think that they have the discipline on defense to play well enough against their potent running attack. I really hope I’m wrong, but that doesn’t happen often. ;)
West has moved the ball on every team this year! they just havent executed when they get inside the 40

Sportsfan_guy_74
Waterboy

Sportsfan_guy_74 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 am
Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:50 pm Look I’m a realist and even though I’m pulling for West to win, realistically I don’t see them beating the Johnnies.
West has moved the ball on every team this year! they just havent executed when they get inside the 40
I dont think West will have a problem on offense, Defensively we have to play great defense and stop there run. Yes, west it out sized here but MF looks to be bigger then the jonnies so size i dont think will be a problem in this game. West- 24 Jonnies- 14 hopefully. Goodluck west

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sportsfan_guy_74 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 am
Not every team.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West just needs to focus on JM. Play hard and play their game. Let the chips fall where they may.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:48 am West just needs to focus on JM. Play hard and play their game. Let the chips fall where they may.
I agree. This should be a dog fight.

Return to “Football”