Southeast Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Locations

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Southeast Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Locations

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I looked at the stadium in google earth. I don't think the home side will hold the west crowd. It will be close. IMO once again the ohsaa drops the ball on a neutral site location for southern oh

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:32 pm Official

John Glenn vs Licking Valley
@ Zanesville

Bellfontaine vs Tri Valley
@ Westerville Central
You have 2 of the 3 MVL teams. Any word on D4R15 Philo/Indian Valley game?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:44 pm I looked at the stadium in google earth. I don't think the home side will hold the west crowd. It will be close. IMO once again the ohsaa drops the ball on a neutral site location for southern oh
My thoughts are with this game being scheduled at Zane Trace instead of Chillicothe, almost assures that the Burg game is going to be played at Chillicothe. Because if that weren't the case I can't see them picking ZT over Chillicothe and no one playing there come Friday night. I have a feeling it'll hold just don't think the casual fan will choose this game to go to.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:44 pm I looked at the stadium in google earth. I don't think the home side will hold the west crowd. It will be close. IMO once again the ohsaa drops the ball on a neutral site location for southern oh
Agree

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:53 pm
Agree
The Ohiostadium.com web site had Zane Trace's seating capacity at 1,675. Setting up extra stands might work. Please note the stadium picture shown on the link does not appear to be correct.

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=2223

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

200 band members at that level is preety darn cool

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LetsGoPSU wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 am 200 band members at that level is preety darn cool
Well over 200 he said, which for a DV school is one I'd have to see to believe. The Burg and Jackson game I believe they said Jackson had 170 or so members and that's a DIII school so for that size school to have well over 200 members means what 1 out of 4 kids are in the band at least.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 am 200 band members at that level is preety darn cool
Well over 200 he said, which for a DV school is one I'd have to see to believe. The Burg and Jackson game I believe they said Jackson had 170 or so members and that's a DIII school so for that size school to have well over 200 members means what 1 out of 4 kids are in the band at least.
[/quote]
Here ya go
http://www.jhsbigredband.org
We at very proud of our band

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

While I agree that the band is a part of the high school game experience, someone who pays to get into the game should have a seat over a band member. Zane Tace does look like a small venue. 200 person band plus their instruments. You are starting to approach 1/4 of the seating at Zane Trace. Unless extra seats are brought in, doesn't seem like a good choice.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Look on the Johnstown Band website. They have 200 marching members of the band. You will be able to sit on your porch in Kingston and hear the band. Love a big marching band.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley will host Coal Grove-Southeastern.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:40 am Valley will host Coal Grove-Southeastern.
good location. one of my fav stadiums. good parking, good food and plenty of seating

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

How is anything official when ohsaa doesn't announce anything till noon My concern from the very beginning when it was announced all games on Fridays. That southern ohio playoff teams would be traveling farther due to lack of suitable venues or would be playing at places with not enough seating or parking to accommodate our fans. Hope it works out but I hope this is the last year of all Friday playoff games

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

victor creed wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:00 am How is anything official when ohsaa doesn't announce anything till noon My concern from the very beginning when it was announced all games on Fridays. That southern ohio playoff teams would be traveling farther due to lack of suitable venues or would be playing at places with not enough seating or parking to accommodate our fans. Hope it works out but I hope this is the last year of all Friday playoff games
i agree 100% with your post

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:30 am Look on the Johnstown Band website. They have 200 marching members of the band. You will be able to sit on your porch in Kingston and hear the band. Love a big marching band.
They have always had a big band They had more last year but the old band director Went to Ohio State and some graduates

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burg at Chillicothe! OH SAA website confirmed!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

West at Zane Trace

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Coal Grove at Valley. East at Athens.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

victor creed wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:00 am How is anything official when ohsaa doesn't announce anything till noon My concern from the very beginning when it was announced all games on Fridays. That southern ohio playoff teams would be traveling farther due to lack of suitable venues or would be playing at places with not enough seating or parking to accommodate our fans. Hope it works out but I hope this is the last year of all Friday playoff games

So what Southern Ohio team got screwed?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:20 am

So what Southern Ohio team got screwed?
Looks ok
I have to admit though some of the locations in the past have been head scratchers

Return to “Football”