Southeast Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Locations

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Southeast Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Locations

Post by Crab's Brother »

TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:32 am Also, Zane Trace shouldn't hold a game period, the visitors will have like 150 max seating. Nice upgrade to the field, but the visitor seating not so much.
150?

This isn't Franklin Furnace.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:24 am My picks

DIVISION 6 REGION 23
Southeastern (11-0) vs Coal Grove (10-1)
Chillicothe

DIVISION 5 REGION 19
Wheelersburg (11-0) vs Columbus Academy (9-2)
Waverly

DIVISION 5 REGION 19
Portsmouth West (10-1) vs Johnstown Monroe (9-2)
Valley

DIVISION 7 REGION 27
River (7-4) vs Sciotoville East (9-2)
Athens
Only one of your "picks" is anywhere close to fair from a driving distance standpoint.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 am
TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:24 am My picks

DIVISION 6 REGION 23
Southeastern (11-0) vs Coal Grove (10-1)
Chillicothe

DIVISION 5 REGION 19
Wheelersburg (11-0) vs Columbus Academy (9-2)
Waverly

DIVISION 5 REGION 19
Portsmouth West (10-1) vs Johnstown Monroe (9-2)
Valley

DIVISION 7 REGION 27
River (7-4) vs Sciotoville East (9-2)
Athens
Only one of your "picks" is anywhere close to fair from a driving distance standpoint.
Actually I put no thought into the teams driving distances, only where I would like to see the SEO teams.....LOL
I would love for SE to play in Chillicothe kinda of a home game for them if it was there.
for Burg to play in Waverly, close drive/walk for me to watch them
P.West made sense if I wanted to drive down 23

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:18 am
TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:32 am Also, Zane Trace shouldn't hold a game period, the visitors will have like 150 max seating. Nice upgrade to the field, but the visitor seating not so much.
150?

This isn't Franklin Furnace.
Apparently you haven't been to ZT an seen the visitors side.
And the parking is horrible as well.

You control that.
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Sports-nut wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:28 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:24 pm
toast wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Yes
Hosting is a bid process so they must have bid to high.
There is no bidding.

1.2 The Commissioner will select the sites for all other regional and the state semifinal games. The
site of all tournament games will be based upon the best site available based on TOTAL
travel and the accommodations of the site. It is not our intention to have schools travel the
same distance to sites. State semi final sites will be based entirely on the accommodations of the
site.
When schools put into host, they also tell the OHSAA how much money they need from them to do so.
Some schools like NY bid rock bottom so they will get picked more often than not, and other schools bid a little higher. In the past the OHSAA has been known to call a school and ask them to host if they didn't put in to host but they still have to come to a meeting of the mind when it comes to paying the school.
Been down this road enough to know how it works.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Believe me ZT parents will hear it if there isn’t no seating that’s ridiculous not enough seats

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:46 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:40 am Valley will host Coal Grove-Southeastern.
good location. one of my fav stadiums. good parking, good food and plenty of seating
I’d much rather see West and Wheelersburg play here than Portsmouth if they were to meet in the next round.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 pm I would switch the Wheelersburg/Academy game to Zane Trace and put Portsmouth West/Johnstown at Chillicothe. Columbus Academy has a smaller following (probably 200 at most) with no Marching Band. But, OHSAA had made their decision already.
I said the same thing . Have been to a lot of academy games. With Nc playing them they don’t have a lot. At home games. Hopefully the switch it.

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

Word is that Zane Trace is bringing in more bleachers on the visitors side and the end zones for the bands.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Fred Flintstone wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:39 pm Word is that Zane Trace is bringing in more bleachers on the visitors side and the end zones for the bands.
That is great, they can park on the hill as long as there is a place to sit.

You control that.
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Fred Flintstone wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:39 pm Word is that Zane Trace is bringing in more bleachers on the visitors side and the end zones for the bands.
Nice plus 1 to them

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

I think it should be noted that the Southeast Ohio District Athletic Board have a huge say so on the selection of playoff sites. I know one of the members is a Chillicothe resident....thats why Zane Trace and Chillicothe are hosting!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Props to ZT for bringing in more seating.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:51 pm I think it should be noted that the Southeast Ohio District Athletic Board have a huge say so on the selection of playoff sites. I know one of the members is a Chillicothe resident....thats why Zane Trace and Chillicothe are hosting!
Kinda like how Waverly got a game since they have a board member...oh.

Chillicothe has more than 2 schools, one of those other schools is the only one that Mr. Steyer has anything to do with. Chillicothe probably only got the Burg/CA game because a board member lives in the same 20,000 person town as their school is located. Literally nothing to do with being 1 hour and 8 minutes away from each participating school.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

as the old story goes, get off the bus, buckle up and hit somebody..

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 am
ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:51 pm I think it should be noted that the Southeast Ohio District Athletic Board have a huge say so on the selection of playoff sites. I know one of the members is a Chillicothe resident....thats why Zane Trace and Chillicothe are hosting!

Chillicothe has more than 2 schools, one of those other schools is the only one that Mr. Steyer has anything to do with. Chillicothe probably only got the Burg/CA game because a board member lives in the same 20,000 person town as their school is located. Literally nothing to do with being 1 hour and 8 minutes away from each participating school.
Anxious to see how many fans Herrnstein will pack in there Friday. Burg should do a fine job filling the home side. Will you be making it to this game?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:27 am

Anxious to see how many fans Herrnstein will pack in there Friday. Burg should do a fine job filling the home side. Will you be making it to this game?
Probably. Early practice on Friday, but I really hate the cold, so that's the only thing that might keep me home lol. I'll hit you up if I go. Sent you a PM with something basketball related also.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

exactly danicalifornia!!!! ravensfan post may be in the running for the silliest post of the month.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Friday’s forecast. Mostly sunny. high 32. Low 22. Better bundle up

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

The only effect I see with the weather if it’s windy might effect the passing game

Return to “Football”