Coaching Changes for 2018

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coaching Changes for 2018

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Howard Cosell wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 am A great person once said, "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." Lets take a look at the program at Ironton.

Once the greatest program in SEO because it was composed of a highly dense population of working class people who expected kids to go to school and do as they were told by the teachers and coaches that worked there. Fast forward to the days following an economic downturn that no longer smiled on the empire that once was the city of Ironton.

As much as Tiger fans want to blame the coach there simply isnt the talent or resources left in that town for them to win in the way they once did. The kids there today lack discipline and the understanding of self sacrifice to a greater cause. Running off yet another coach simply sets the system back into rebuild mode once again. Instead of being whiners and complainers maybe you guys should get behind the coach and help him problem solve ways to make the best of whatever it is that you have.

That ship has sailed. Ironton dominance aint coming back.
howard let's agree to disagree. I'm hearing from a very reliable source ironton's head coach was asked to step down and refused to. and another coach on the staff threatened a union grievance if he was let go. again this is hear say. but very reliable source here. where does it say in contracts coaches can choose to stay ir-regardless of records. sports are performance based. and the ironton football program fuels all the other sports in the district. I find this kinda unbelievable somebody can refuse to step down.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Good grief enough about the Ironton Tigers! Other schools have coaches leaving.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 am
Howard Cosell wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 am A great person once said, "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." Lets take a look at the program at Ironton.

Once the greatest program in SEO because it was composed of a highly dense population of working class people who expected kids to go to school and do as they were told by the teachers and coaches that worked there. Fast forward to the days following an economic downturn that no longer smiled on the empire that once was the city of Ironton.

As much as Tiger fans want to blame the coach there simply isnt the talent or resources left in that town for them to win in the way they once did. The kids there today lack discipline and the understanding of self sacrifice to a greater cause. Running off yet another coach simply sets the system back into rebuild mode once again. Instead of being whiners and complainers maybe you guys should get behind the coach and help him problem solve ways to make the best of whatever it is that you have.

howard let's agree to disagree. I'm hearing from a very reliable source ironton's head coach was asked to step down and refused to. and another coach on the staff threatened a union grievance if he was let go. again this is hear say. but very reliable source here. where does it say in contracts coaches can choose to stay ir-regardless of records. sports are performance based. and the ironton football program fuels all the other sports in the district. I find this kinda unbelievable somebody can refuse to step down.
Unless they gave him a multiple year supplemental contract, which I don't know if I've ever heard of happening, it just means they have to wait until about April to replace him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:28 am Good grief enough about the Ironton Tigers! Other schools have coaches leaving.
blizz I hain't trying to infiltrate and permeate the whole topic about ironton football. but this is a topic about coaching changes. and the ironton community is interested in their situation as would be any other school district that would be in the same situation. geeze o pete try decaf. I'm interested in all the school's in seops country and their programs but one doesn't know anything about their home school district unless they ask, I think you'll agree that's true.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I get it from the standpoint that the football program isnt doing what it once did. i would argue that the overall level of football in this corner of the state is down due to loss of population. ironton isnt immune to this. Can a coach still get kids to perform well? Sure. Does that mean we should shite can every coach who doesn't "perform"? I think that is unnecessary. Granted, i dont even know the name of the coach at IHS as I am not from there. But, what I see hapenning so much anymore is the fault falls back on the coach even when its as simple as School A doesnt have any talent right now. I would guess this coach probably knows his schemes otherwise he wouldnt have been given the job in the first place. As for refusing to stepdown......I believe the school board can still choose to relieve him of his duties. I dont know the answer for your school but I do know it is never as easy to fix as just firing the coach. It will take a lot to get IHS back to where it was. This will include such factors as Athletes, support staff, finances, facilities, and hard work. All I am saying is be careful what you ask for.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:09 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:28 am Good grief enough about the Ironton Tigers! Other schools have coaches leaving.
blizz I hain't trying to infiltrate and permeate the whole topic about ironton football. but this is a topic about coaching changes. and the ironton community is interested in their situation as would be any other school district that would be in the same situation. geeze o pete try decaf. I'm interested in all the school's in seops country and their programs but one doesn't know anything about their home school district unless they ask, I think you'll agree that's true.
We get it. You want a new coach. I don't need decaf. You guys are the ones that are uptight and quite frankly on the whiny side.

football freak
Waterboy

Post by football freak »

so is the Ironton job going to be vacant after this year? if so I have heard of a young man with a lot of football experience who is highly interested in this job

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 am

Unless they gave him a multiple year supplemental contract, which I don't know if I've ever heard of happening, it just means they have to wait until about April to replace him.
Question. Is the coaching position not a position that an employed teacher has preference over for the job meaning they can't hire outside the school district? Would Ironton school board and AD not have to prove the coach is unqualified and that there is a more qualified employed candidate to remove the coach? Tough situation for Ironton but hard to prove that the coaches are unqualified when they won the last two OVC championships and made the playoffs those years as well. I guess you can buy his contract out😀.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Winning the OVC means nothing when the kids want them gone and the attendance has hit rock bottom. The Ironton football program lost money this year and will continue to loose money with this staff.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Ironton will be middle of the pack in the OVC next year. The Hornets will be the favorite, as they should be, and Fairland will be right behind them.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

CGFAN#1 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 am

Question. Is the coaching position not a position that an employed teacher has preference over for the job meaning they can't hire outside the school district? Would Ironton school board and AD not have to prove the coach is unqualified and that there is a more qualified employed candidate to remove the coach? Tough situation for Ironton but hard to prove that the coaches are unqualified when they won the last two OVC championships and made the playoffs those years as well. I guess you can buy his contract out😀.
You do not have to work for the school to be a coach and they can just fire him

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 pm
We get it. You want a new coach. I don't need decaf. You guys are the ones that are uptight and quite frankly on the whiny side.
WHATEVER YOU SAY BLIZZ. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, AND I REPECT THAT. BUT WE ARE USED TO SEEING A DIFFERENT PRODUCT ON THE FIELD ATHLETICALLY AND COACHING WISE. AND UNTIL THAT HAPPENS I SPECT YOU'LL SEE SOME UPSET TIGER FANS.

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 am

WHATEVER YOU SAY BLIZZ. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, AND I REPECT THAT. BUT WE ARE USED TO SEEING A DIFFERENT PRODUCT ON THE FIELD ATHLETICALLY AND COACHING WISE. AND UNTIL THAT HAPPENS I SPECT YOU'LL SEE SOME UPSET TIGER FANS.
If any fan or program wants or expects anything other then winning games then that's a problem that needs fixed now giving this is high school you should also being teaching kids about life and how to become a man and prepare them for life after high school while at the same time winning games anything less should unacceptable and should have the fans calling for a new coach

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Herdfan73 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:34 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 am

If any fan or program wants or expects anything other then winning games then that's a problem that needs fixed now giving this is high school you should also being teaching kids about life and how to become a man and prepare them for life after high school while at the same time winning games anything less should unacceptable and should have the fans calling for a new coach
Congratulations Herdfan. That is the longest rant I have ever seen on SEOPREPS without punctuation.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey ole 79 don't miss nothing. he's tops in my book.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Greenfield will be looking for a new coach also.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Green will have a team next year but will they keep newsome? Anyone hear anything I’m curious

SOC 1
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

I'm hearing Belpre will be opening soon! any truth to it?

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Your “reliable” source isn’t very reliable! That is a bold face lie. But that doesn’t surprise me that you would post something that you know nothing about just to flap your jaws!

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Kleao wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:21 am

Your “reliable” source isn’t very reliable! That is a bold face lie. But that doesn’t surprise me that you would post something that you know nothing about just to flap your jaws!
Is the ironton coach staying?

SOC 1

Return to “Football”