Coaching Changes for 2018

coach knows
Freshman Team

Coaching Changes for 2018

Post by coach knows »

What coaching changes do you see for next year head or assistant coaches?

Game day
All State

Re: Coaching Changes for 2018

Post by Game day »

I would think Portsmouth and Ironton would be making some changes. Their programs are under achieving every year.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

The pot stirrers will be licking their chops when they see this topic :lol:

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I agree sometimes the truth hurts!

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

5-5@ Portsmouth when you have all kinds of talent should make for a big change. They was up 28-0 against Ironton's second string and couldn't finish them and about got beat. Ridiculous!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Nut wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:50 pm 5-5@ Portsmouth when you have all kinds of talent should make for a big change. They was up 28-0 against Ironton's second string and couldn't finish them and about got beat. Ridiculous!
Portsmouth's best player was a move in from Lewis County. Parker is good but he was hurt all year. They had some size and Boehm, but hardly all kinds of talent. Take the transfer quarterback away and talent is mediocre.

Duncan deserves more time, swapping coaches every couple years isn't gonna fix Portsmouth's problems.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Nothing changing at Ironton same old BOE elected. I wished someone would grow some if you know what I mean.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Game day wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:36 am I would think Portsmouth and Ironton would be making some changes. Their programs are under achieving every year.
LET'S HOPE SO. 2 PROUD PROGRAMS JUST FLOUNDERING AROUND AIMLESSLY. THEY HAVE THE KIDS IN BOTH OF THESE SCHOOLS TO BE GREAT TEAMS WITH THE RIGHT LEADERSHIP AND GUIDANCE. I PROMISE YOU THAT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Bait you know the old saying about a coach is only as good as the people he has around him. When I see a guy like Danny Pride walking the streets, Josh Sands at Coal Grove, Andy Colegrove. Tyler Kratzenberg, Lou Mains and Mark Lutz at Rock Hill, and Mark Lewis at Raceland, I think to myself someone needs to use their head for something besides a hatrack. Now this is just a few there may be some I have forgotten. All these Ironton guys could help out if given the chance. Just doesn't make good sense to this old guy. Grade school teams win Super Bowl after Super Bowl. This is with split teams. They only school to do so. Then these kids just vanish. Someone needs to get their head out of the sand. End of Rant!!!!!

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I agree I been saying this for a while. Not to mention Triplett and Wheeler who both have coached for several programs. What a shame to see all this coaching talent go to waste.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 am Bait you know the old saying about a coach is only as good as the people he has around him. When I see a guy like Danny Pride walking the streets, Josh Sands at Coal Grove, Andy Colegrove. Tyler Kratzenberg, Lou Mains and Mark Lutz at Rock Hill, and Mark Lewis at Raceland, I think to myself someone needs to use their head for something besides a hatrack. Now this is just a few there may be some I have forgotten. All these Ironton guys could help out if given the chance. Just doesn't make good sense to this old guy. Grade school teams win Super Bowl after Super Bowl. This is with split teams. They only school to do so. Then these kids just vanish. Someone needs to get their head out of the sand. End of Rant!!!!!
Who cares about winning the Super Bowl in pee wee. Those are won by the kid who's the biggest and fastest at the time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RiverRatRay wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 am Bait you know the old saying about a coach is only as good as the people he has around him. When I see a guy like Danny Pride walking the streets, Josh Sands at Coal Grove, Andy Colegrove. Tyler Kratzenberg, Lou Mains and Mark Lutz at Rock Hill, and Mark Lewis at Raceland, I think to myself someone needs to use their head for something besides a hatrack. Now this is just a few there may be some I have forgotten. All these Ironton guys could help out if given the chance. Just doesn't make good sense to this old guy. Grade school teams win Super Bowl after Super Bowl. This is with split teams. They only school to do so. Then these kids just vanish. Someone needs to get their head out of the sand. End of Rant!!!!!
I TOTALLY AGREE BROTHER. SPORTS ARE ABOUT RESULTS, PERIOD.
AN OUT FOR KIDS, A WAY TO LEARN DISCIPLINE AND TEAMWORK AND RESPECT. BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THE FINANCIAL ASPECT, FOOTBALL FUELS IRONTON AND ALL IT'S SPORTS PROGRAMS. AND THE CURRENT STAFF AS GREAT AS THE PEOPLE ARE, THEY ARE JUST NOT GETTING IT DONE. IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:30 am
I TOTALLY AGREE BROTHER. SPORTS ARE ABOUT RESULTS, PERIOD.
AN OUT FOR KIDS, A WAY TO LEARN DISCIPLINE AND TEAMWORK AND RESPECT. BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THE FINANCIAL ASPECT, FOOTBALL FUELS IRONTON AND ALL IT'S SPORTS PROGRAMS. AND THE CURRENT STAFF AS GREAT AS THE PEOPLE ARE, THEY ARE JUST NOT GETTING IT DONE. IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE.
I watched the Portsmouth and Ironton game and it was Senior night and that was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at that game in years.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

While it is true Ironton needs a change in the coaching staff, who fills the void? People claim we need a break from tradition but who from the outside is the best candidate for the position or who would want to come to a program that is down?

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Sign me up I’ll take the ironton job

SOC 1
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

79Tiger wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:49 pm While it is true Ironton needs a change in the coaching staff, who fills the void? People claim we need a break from tradition but who from the outside is the best candidate for the position or who would want to come to a program that is down?
Believe it or not I got a phone call the other day telling me there is a coach wanting the Ironton job IF the job comes open. When told who it is I was a little shocked but then when I was told why I understood. There is always someone waiting in the wings for a coaching job like Ironton. This man would be perfect for the job if like he said the job comes open. I guess time will tell and if the coaching position does come open I will let the right person know who this man is.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well good luck in the future of ironton high school football. nothing is going to change without change. just hain't happening.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

RiverRatRay wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:34 am
79Tiger wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:49 pm While it is true Ironton needs a change in the coaching staff, who fills the void? People claim we need a break from tradition but who from the outside is the best candidate for the position or who would want to come to a program that is down?
Believe it or not I got a phone call the other day telling me there is a coach wanting the Ironton job IF the job comes open. When told who it is I was a little shocked but then when I was told why I understood. There is always someone waiting in the wings for a coaching job like Ironton. This man would be perfect for the job if like he said the job comes open. I guess time will tell and if the coaching position does come open I will let the right person know who this man is.
Sad thing is, unless this guy has an Ironton "name" or local connections (someones brother-in-law), probably not gonna get the job. Small-town politics at its worst.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

There would be a ton of resumes wanting the Ironton job. They just need to put it out there for the taking. By the way I know several coaches interested in the job and several of them have Ironton ties.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Otto wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 am
Sad thing is, unless this guy has an Ironton "name" or local connections (someones brother-in-law), probably not gonna get the job. Small-town politics at its worst.
And you may be right about politics. The man I'm referring to has no ties whatsoever to Ironton. All he has is a resume that will top any these others put out. He would be very hard to say no to I'm sure of that. And yes he is an active head coach at the present time.

Return to “Football”