Burg vs West

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Burg vs West

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:22 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:40 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Nah, with Johnstown making the trip to ZT this weekend playing West and Burg at Chillicothe and pretty equal distance for all. My money would be Burg and Johnstown would be played at Chillicothe
My thought, that would put Wheelersburg playing at Chillicothe two weeks in a row giving them an unfair advantage.
Could be right there, at the same time though, Burg plays at Waverly every other year plus with the added time to Johnstown just don't think Waverly would be an option. Could be wrong depends on the other games in the area with everyone on Friday as well.
Your are correct, it is further for Johnstown than it is Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg didn't play at Waverly this year so that's not an issue. They played regular season at Waverly last year and had a playoff game at Waverly (against ZT).

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:08 pm I believe when Johnstown and Wheelersburg play, the half way point is Adelphi, OH.
Closest high school to Adelphi is Zane Trace.
Zane Trace could not handle the crowd for D5 Regional Championship.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:39 pm

My thought, that would put Wheelersburg playing at Chillicothe two weeks in a row giving them an unfair advantage.
Could be right there, at the same time though, Burg plays at Waverly every other year plus with the added time to Johnstown just don't think Waverly would be an option. Could be wrong depends on the other games in the area with everyone on Friday as well.
Your are correct, it is further for Johnstown than it is Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg didn't play at Waverly this year so that's not an issue. They played regular season at Waverly last year and had a playoff game at Waverly (against ZT).
EXACTLY, you just proved what I was saying. Now back to back weeks possibly might be a stretch but it's still a neutral field and not sure that's even considered. Their football field is same distance and it's turf so not like going to have inside information on the field. We'll see though think a few things have to shake down first.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Oh there's no way ZT could handle the size of a regional championship game, not one where burg travels so well then at that point the casual fan will be filling in more as well. If it were the Johnies from the sounds of how they travel and band that place would be overran. I think they'll have trouble hosting this round personally and wouldn't be surprised if they do have to many issues they're told they'll need to add seating before being able to host in 2nd round and beyond again.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:37 pm
fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:14 pm It'd make no sense to send 2 Scioto County teams to play at Waverly (although with OHSAA, anything's possible). Valley or Portsmouth would be just fine if we are fortunate enough to get the game we want.*
Well they did make the softball teams play in Lancaster a couple years back
That's because with softball and some other sports, district and regional sites are set to one site the whole time. Each game location is not moved from place to place like football playoffs.
I am fully aware of that but it’s still kind of silly don’t you think?
2 schools 20 minutes apart and you send them both 1:45 minutes away to play each other

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

They'd play at Waverly or Portsmouth although I can't imagine the parking and how that would be handled at the Portsmouth stadium. With Valley getting a 2nd round game would that be a possibility? Not sure they have the seating been awhile since I've been to Valley field.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg and West =Portsmouth
Burg and Monroe=Chillicothe

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I think the burg zanetrace game was in 15 not last year

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:53 pm Burg and West =Portsmouth
Just to keep everyone level headed and not thinking ahead to much

CA and West---Chillicothe
CA and Monroe---Who cares :roll:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:55 pm

MMMM yeah I believe you are correct.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:56 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:53 pm Burg and West =Portsmouth
Just to keep everyone level headed and not thinking ahead to much

CA and West---Chillicothe
CA and Monroe---Who cares :roll:
I was going to say the same thing but I really don’t care where CA would play if they win. 😂

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Time flys, lol.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Johnstown gonna have something to say about this

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

This is not a very smart thread IMO, It is pointless to look ahead. Not to mention I feel it’s pretty much common sense where it will be played.

I understand that their isn’t much of that on here, but come on. :roll:

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 pm This is not a very smart thread IMO, It is pointless to look ahead. Not to mention I feel it’s pretty much common sense where it will be played.

EXACTLY.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

West will be playing again but I'd say the Burg goes home

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Can we put this to bed. Lets worry about this week instead of looking ahead.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 pm This is not a very smart thread IMO, It is pointless to look ahead. Not to mention I feel it’s pretty much common sense where it will be played.

Cant believe im saying this but i agree with someone from Burg....lol :lol: :lol:

Sportsfan_guy_74
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan_guy_74 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:54 pm Why is this even a thing? I guess everyone wants to play hypotheticals... if both team win this Friday and that’s a big if.... the game would most likely be at Portsmouth... and west would want no part of this game.. there is no scenario where west would even have a chance.. they scored one time on burg on a defensive mistake by the pirates... wheelersburg is a much better team than west........... moving on... good luck to both teams this week.
your the one bro who takes it to far. literally the topic was where would the game be at? and you go to whos gonna win and telling people burgs great and all then you think you have the right to say this shouldn't be a topic

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sportsfan_guy_74 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:20 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:54 pm Why is this even a thing? I guess everyone wants to play hypotheticals... if both team win this Friday and that’s a big if.... the game would most likely be at Portsmouth... and west would want no part of this game.. there is no scenario where west would even have a chance.. they scored one time on burg on a defensive mistake by the pirates... wheelersburg is a much better team than west........... moving on... good luck to both teams this week.
your the one bro who takes it to far. literally the topic was where would the game be at? and you go to whos gonna win and telling people burgs great and all then you think you have the right to say this shouldn't be a topic
It shouldn’t be a topic. The game isn’t going on. It may not happen at all. So in reality BG6 is right. Also, he stated what everyone saw in week 10. Idk why anyone would look forward to getting their a$$ kicked again. This is stupid. And it made it to 2 pages. 😂 🤣

Return to “Football”